Version 0.13.5

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.13.5

Post by FactorioBot »

• Minor Features
    • Blueprints with labels will now show the label when holding them to-be-built.
    • Once mining is started over non-resources, resources are ignored until the mine button is released. (3995)
  • Changes
    • Attempting to mutate the 'global' table of a mod in the 'on_load' event handler will result in an error. The 'on_load' event handler is *only* meant for re-registering conditional event handlers and setting up meta-tables. Use 'on_configuration_changed', 'on_init', and migration scripts in all other instances.
    • When connecting circuit wires, the wire will re-anchor to the last entity clicked. (28096)
    • Increased collision box of stone walls slightly, to prevent the player getting stuck. (28226)
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed the add-trains list treating stations with the same spelling but different case as the same station. (28063)
    • Fixed circuit network signals not properly migrating when removing mods. (28117)
    • Fixed incorrect pollution rendering. (27970)
    • When showing the count of entities in the network, it is now showing all entities connected in the network including sub-networks connected to power switches.
    • crash when getting killed by a locomotive you currently had the GUI open for (for real this time). (27895)
    • When splitting electric networks because switch was turned off, the network with more entities is considered the "master one" which keeps the statistics.
    • Fixed entity power bars in the electric network statistics gui being sometimes scaled and colored improperly.
    • Fixed the electric network statistics merging when networks are connected by turning power switch on.
    • Fixed that the last train inserter didn't grab from the cargo wagon sometimes. (28028)
    • Fixed crashes related to bad circuit network state caused by old mods. (27523)
    • Fixed that biters couldn't find a path through a thick wall of trains. (28068)
    • Fixed that some of the achievements didn't get reported to steam. All the achievements data are reset when migrated to this version, those reported on steam will get reloaded.
    • Fixed crafting machines using slightly too much energy per recipe crafted. (28128)
    • Fixed that the drop item doesn't consume the key event when there is nothing in cursor, so it works properly when the same control is used for something else.
    • Fixed crashes related to bad circuit network state caused by old mods. (27523)
    • Fixed that enemies would start attacking rails and other nearby structures after the player passed by in a train. (27371)
    • Fixed chests in circuit network showing double their contents after fast replace. (27847)
    • Fixed that changing rails while trains where waiting on circuit conditions would cause the train to leave the station. (28042)
    • Fixed crash when 2 or more people would manipulate train schedules at the same time. (27750)
    • Fixed on_marked_for_deconstruction with tiles not including the player that marked the tile for deconstruction. (28251)
    • Fixed tile rendering off by half a tile in blueprint previews. (28250)
    • Fixed non ASCII characters didn't work in train stop names. (27619)
    • Fixed of the rail signal/train stop visualization planner in specific cases. (27980)
    • Fixed crash when opening train stops in the map editor. (27903)
    • Fixed missaligned blueprint entities when editing blueprints and removing rails/roboports. (28288)
  • Optimizations
    • Improved performance when there are a large (4000+) amount of alerts going off at the same time. (28169)
    • Power switch will not show electric sparks in some situations. (28026)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

dzbanek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.5

Post by dzbanek »

Come on, I still don't see any fixes regarding map generation.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

dzbanek wrote:Come on, I still don't see any fixes regarding map generation.
The 0.12 branch is ready and waiting if you can't use what 0.13 has while we fix other more important bugs.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Compboy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Compboy »

you guys are awesome.
Fixed that biters couldn't find a path through a thick wall of trains. (28068)..
LOL.

If map generation is so important use the "Stable" 0.12.35 to generate then sink 200 hours in factorio.
Remember this is still alpha !!! give the Devs a break. They are still picking up all the tennis-balls.

19wolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 19wolf »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]When connecting circuit wires, the wire will re-anchor to the last entity clicked. (28096)
Why? I liked this a lot. At least for poles --> entities

DemiPixel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DemiPixel »

19wolf wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]When connecting circuit wires, the wire will re-anchor to the last entity clicked. (28096)
Why, though? You could just connect one pole to one of the entities, then the entities to each other.

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Rseding91 wrote:The 0.12 branch is ready and waiting if you can't use what 0.13 has while we fix other more important bugs.
*thumbs up*

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

0.12 or use RSO. ;)
Attempting to mutate the 'global' table of a mod in the 'on_load' event handler will result in an error.
So Is it ok if I just want to initialize the tables under 'global' in case the mod is new for an existing save? I have tested with my mod. No error was shown when loading a vanilla save. :D
Edit: oh nvm, I think I have got the answer:
... and setting up meta-tables.
Last edited by Mooncat on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

New fixes are always good. :)

I also think the map generation is broken, but I can't tell if that is just imagination or a real problem. I always had the problem that I had to generate dozens of maps until I find one I like. :D
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Mooncat wrote:
Attempting to mutate the 'global' table of a mod in the 'on_load' event handler will result in an error.
So Is it ok if I just want to initialize the tables under 'global' in case the mod is new for an existing save? I have tested with my mod. No error was shown when loading a vanilla save. :D
Edit: oh nvm, I think I have got the answer:
... and setting up meta-tables.
This is what on_configuration_changed was created for
:http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.13.5/LuaB ... on_changed

But from what I see there, the parameter to the event is not documented at all, I added task to fix it for the next version.

19wolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 19wolf »

DemiPixel wrote:
19wolf wrote:
Why, though? You could just connect one pole to one of the entities, then the entities to each other.
It looks nicer

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Rseding91 wrote:
The 0.12 branch is ready and waiting if you can't use what 0.13 has while we fix other more important bugs.
I can definitely use the map provided in 0.13.5 - thanks for all the fish!
I could not be happier that the combinator / wiring got reworked.

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

I'm as eager to see the return of more global variety in biome distribution as anyone, but you can express this much more politely.

The new terrain generation is actually really cool in its local variation. If I'm not mistaken, they made it so a world generation seed is much more deterministic in the general layout of hills/valleys for water placement. Edit: Turns out this was in 0.12 too. All the other settings then cause minor variation around this general layout.

That's really interesting for someone trying to tweak an existing map seed!

But yeah 0.13 maps all look very similar when you zoom out enough due to the lack of lower-frequency biome biases. :P

Maybe if they save the refinements for 0.14 this will become a distinct flavor in the development history. ;)

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Note that when playing non-Steam version on Linux, I don't see the game appear with other running applications, at least when the game is loading. To see the game loading, I basically have to minimize every other application.

KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KatherineOfSky »

Woot! Was just about the report the blueprint/rail bug. Good to know it will be fixed! yay!
Tutorials, wild playthroughs, and more! https://www.youtube.com/@KatherineOfSky

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Nova wrote:New fixes are always good. :)

I also think the map generation is broken, but I can't tell if that is just imagination or a real problem. I always had the problem that I had to generate dozens of maps until I find one I like. :D
The image posted at the beginning of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27655

pretty clearly shows the change. And I think it's fairly evident, there were unintended consequences in the changes that were made. "Broken" might be too strong a word...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Nice to see bug being adressed. Keep up the good work.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

stormforce770
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by stormforce770 »

If you are troubled with the map generation, switch to 12, generate the save and then load the save in 13. Magic.

dzbanek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dzbanek »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sadly, with all those wonderful features of .13 it's impossible to revert to .12. Will wait, sir!

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

IronCartographer wrote:
I'm as eager to see the return of more global variety in biome distribution as anyone, but you can express this much more politely.
Indeed, this was a bit out of line. At an update frequency of once every 2 days they're hitting all of the real problematic things. When the change log is crash after broken functionality after desync after crash.. and that many addressed in so short a time frame it's fair to say they're getting to it as fast as they can. This particular issue was even singled out in a FFF.

I've been quite vocal in my desire for fixes to terrain generation, but be patient. The dev's are kicking ass and they'll take care of us.
stormforce770 wrote:If you are troubled with the map generation, switch to 12, generate the save and then load the save in 13. Magic.
It doesn't _quite_ work so well. You do have to chart as far out as you think you'll ever expand as well or 0.13 generation will be used for newly discovered chunks.
Last edited by MrGrim on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Releases”