Version 0.13.3

Information about releases and roadmap.
mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.3

Post by mophydeen »

Dry Hairy Tree wrote:Where has curved rail gone? Even if I load a game with curved rail in it - I don't have the option to make it.
curved rail is no more...

you can use the straight rail to make curves.
hover over a piece a rail you placed and press the yellow arrow. than move you mouse and you'll see.

Dry Hairy Tree
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dry Hairy Tree »

OK, not checked it out yet - but thank you, I wondered if there was a trick to it. :roll:

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Dry Hairy Tree wrote:OK, not checked it out yet - but thank you, I wondered if there was a trick to it. :roll:
It's a bit tricky to understand initially.
You can left click to place a single straight track.
Left clicking on an already placed piece of track will show you an arrow. Click where you want the track to go (curves included) it'll place up to 10 pieces of track. There also isn't a range limit on this. You can be as far away as you want.
Shift Left clicking on an already placed piece of track will allow you to place longer ghost tracks (for bots)

With Shift Left Clicking, if you keep holding Shift it'll move through trees, marking them to be destroyed (like a de-construction planner)
If you don't hold shift, it'll try to path between trees/obstructions and may give a convoluted path.

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

In 0.12.35 I had a load of smart inseters set to stop when the number of the item they are moving reached a certain amount in the logistics network. The filter inseters which have replaced the smart inseters won't move unless I filer the item I want the inseters to move, is that right or is it a bug?

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

spinba11 wrote:In 0.12.35 I had a load of smart inseters set to stop when the number of the item they are moving reached a certain amount in the logistics network. The filter inseters which have replaced the smart inseters won't move unless I filer the item I want the inseters to move, is that right or is it a bug?
I found out as well: "Thats right and thats not a bug."

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

Thanks for clearing that up, half my factory doesn't work anymore.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

As all inserters can be connected to the network, just use smart inserters

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Dry Hairy Tree wrote:Where has curved rail gone? Even if I load a game with curved rail in it - I don't have the option to make it.
Here's the FFF #113 (Factorio-Facts-Friday newsletter, which I want to encourage you to add to your weekly RSS/mailing lists) that explains the new system with animated gifs for those that didn't "get the memo" (also answers "where did curved rails go") :ugeek:
Last edited by jockeril on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

jockeril wrote:
OMG -RTFM :D :D :D :D :D
:-) not everyone reads Friday Facts. Unless it was in the changlog that popped up when upgrading, it's unfair to assume they know as much as you.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:
jockeril wrote:
OMG -RTFM :D :D :D :D :D
:-) not everyone reads Friday Facts. Unless it was in the changlog that popped up when upgrading, it's unfair to assume they know as much as you.
That's why I gave a link in the "RTFM", but after reading your comment, I agree that mine was a little strong - changed to be more friendly - What can I say, I got very passionate about this game in the last year or so (since 0.12 came out),
jockeril wrote:
Here's the FFF #113 (Factorio-Facts-Friday newsletter, which I want to encourage you to add to your weekly RSS/mailing lists) that explains the new system with animated gifs for those that didn't "get the memo" (also answers "where did curved rails go") :ugeek:
p.s. the version 0.13 release notes reflects that:
FactorioBot wrote:Here is a summary of the New features of 0.13

Download here on our website

My mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- and steam !

Dagobert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dagobert »

That placement bug for things next to rails is really making the 13.3 train-wise unplayable - any chance that today a small 13.4 will be released? ;)

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

What placement bug are you referring to? I'm using trains with no problems.

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

he probaly means that you cant place trainstops and signals

Dagobert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dagobert »

illmaren wrote:he probaly means that you cant place trainstops and signals
Exactly - currently downgraded to 13.2 to play :)

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

"The new rail layer is a big leap forward!"
(®MaoTeTung)
Old Factorio foxes will need some time to get used to but after that one certainly never looks back.
Besides all the other nifty new features in 0.13.3 especially the new circuit / network functions are unmatched by any game in that very milky way.
Not only in that field Factorio has no competitor by a long shot.
Chapeau!

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Escadin »

I don't know where best to put this I have some (balance) feedback for the experimental branch:
  • Many bonus researches provide an extra bonus if you finish the last upgrade. I really really like that so I hope there will be extra bonuses for all of them in the final version. (final +grenade damage for example currently costs 1000each but still gives the same +20% damage. It's probably not even worth spending the resources unless you have nothing else to spend them on).
  • The new flamethrower is SUPER fun and I love being able to out-tech biters in the field for a change. However, even considering the increased camp sizes I seem to get the flamethrower may well be overpowered. I'm waiting for behemoths to either confirm or despute that as a fact :D
  • MG based weapons could be easily brought in line with a 3rd grade ammo type.
  • Researching personal logistic slots should provide a checkbox with which you can toggle yourself to act as a storage chest for the entire logistic network in reach.
0.13 is the best thing that happened this year btw... :oops:
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Escadin wrote:I don't know where best to put this I have some (balance) feedback for the experimental branch:
  • Many bonus researches provide an extra bonus if you finish the last upgrade. I really really like that so I hope there will be extra bonuses for all of them in the final version. (final +grenade damage for example currently costs 1000 each but still gives the same +20% damage. It's probably not even worth spending the resources unless you have nothing else to spend them on).
You seem to not understand this - every level you research upgrades the previous score by that extra bonus:

let's assume that we have bullet damage of 100:
  • level 1 gives you +10% extra damage (so effectively you have damage=100+100*0.1=110)
    level 2 gives you +10% extra damage (so effectively you have damage=110+110*0.1=121)
    level 3 gives you +20% extra damage (so effectively you have damage=121+121*0.2=145.2)
    level 4 gives you +20% extra damage (so effectively you have damage=145.2+145.2*0.2=174.24)
0.13 is the best thing that happened this year btw... :oops:
Totaly agree with you :mrgreen:

also - I've underscored the word score - twice ! :lol: :lol:

My mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- and steam !

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Escadin wrote:0.13 is the best thing that happened this year btw... :oops:
let's hope that 0.14 will also be one of the best things this year... :D

againey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by againey »

jockeril wrote: You seem to not understand this - every level you research upgrades the previous score by that extra bonus:

level 4 gives you +20% extra damage (so effectively you have damage=145.2+145.2*0.2=174.24)
Not quite. Checking the Bonuses panel, I can see that after all upgrades, my bullet damage, for example, is +120%, which is exactly the sum of percentages of all the bullet damage upgrades. So the percentages get added first, and then the final percentage increase gets applied to the base damage. So my final bullet damage is 220% (100% + 120%) of the normal damage.

Because Bullet Damage 6 tech increases damage by an extra 40%, that goes from 180% to 220%, an effective increase of 22% from the previous tech level. If it had only been a +20%, as is the case with grenades, it'd only be an effective increase of 11%, which would understandably be a bit disappointing given the research cost.

Niuno
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Niuno »

againey wrote:
jockeril wrote: You seem to not understand this - every level you research upgrades the previous score by that extra bonus:

Not quite. Checking the Bonuses panel, I can see that after all upgrades, my bullet damage, for example, is +120%, which is exactly the sum of percentages of all the bullet damage upgrades. So the percentages get added first, and then the final percentage increase gets applied to the base damage. So my final bullet damage is 220% (100% + 120%) of the normal damage.

Because Bullet Damage 6 tech increases damage by an extra 40%, that goes from 180% to 220%, an effective increase of 22% from the previous tech level. If it had only been a +20%, as is the case with grenades, it'd only be an effective increase of 11%, which would understandably be a bit disappointing given the research cost.
I don't think the bonuses are mostly meant to become stronger. You can become overpowered without having fullfulled all the researches involved. I think those high tier researches are more meant for the completionists among us. I mean, that much costs for so little extra gain at a point in the game where you don't need that extra boost anymore...? Why bother? Because some people, completionists like me, love to do all the researches. No matter what the costs are. It's a kind of a challenge :geek:

Return to “Releases”