Version 0.13.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.13.2

Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • Damage bonus in turret tooltip will now show both basic turret damage multiplier and turret damage bonus from research. (27486)
    • Limited multiplayer game name length to 60 characters.
    • Moved the copper wire back to the intermidiate category in the recipes.
    • Inserters connected to the circuit network now have the option to only read hand contents.
    • During biter migration, medium worms can now only spawn if the evolution factor is greater than 0.3, and big worms require evolution factor of 0.5.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed occasional crash when downloading map. (27190)
    • Fixed rail signals set to red by circuit network going green in some situations. (27195)
    • Fixed rail signals not going back to green when when deselectiog "Close Signal" option.
    • Fixed that running a command via stdin or RCON would crash the game if commands were allowed for admins-only. (27435)
    • Localized hardcoded strings in power switch GUI. (27483)
    • Fixed enemy turrets would show player's damage bonuses in tooltip.
    • Fixed repair packs (and mergable items in general) under flowing and making millions of items. (27415)
    • Added missing Lua defines for the rocket silo rocket inventory.
    • Fixed train minimap preview schedule box not allowing scrolling. (27299)
    • Fixed game restarting after installing only one mod.
    • Fixed game crashing when viewing info about a mod with space in its name (hopefully) (27126)
    • Fixed checking for mod updates taking very long.
    • Fixed low framerate when pasting long text into console.
    • Fixed filter inserter sometimes taking an extra item after the filter was unset. (27443)
    • Fixed inserter arrows in blueprints. (27544)
    • Fixed that it wasn't possible to require verification of user identity in server-settings.json.
    • Fixed migration of internal circuit network signals. (27277)
    • Fixed some oddities when using the rail planner and quickbar-selecting other items.
    • Fixed desync when building rail signals in close rail setups. (27605)
    • Fixed crash when reviving ghosts built by blueprints in the entity built Lua event handler. (27608)
    • Fixed LuaEntityPrototype::result_units spawn points only ever giving the last spawn point. (27652)
    • Fixed stack filter inserter sometimes showing more than one filter in alt mode.
    • Research button position fix.
    • Changed the technology prerequisite of solar panel from advanced-electronics to electronics. This also fixes the 2nd mission of the new hope campaign.
    • Fixed that the headless server wouldn't be able to save the map if started like --start-server save.zip. (27625)
    • Fixed unminable rails when migrating saves to 0.13. (27202)
    • Fixed that the gate didn't open when it was on the same rail as the locomotive front joint. (27682)
    • Fixed that game name and description in the game browser didn't wrap.
    • Fixed game did not run on Windows XP. (27168)
    • Fixed the ElectricEnergyInterface entity not drawing low power/no power icons.
    • Fixed requester chest filters getting cleared when changing the force of the chest. (27691)
    • Fixed rocks not being ignored when rail planner ghost building. (27522)
    • Fixed that when a transport belt got destroyed and turned into a ghost, it wouldn't drop items on ground. (27650)
    • Fixed occasional random browse game gui crash when moving close to the end of the list.
    • Fixed script error in supply challenge. (27689)
    • Fixed that rail signal visualization helper was not working properly in some specific cases. (27328)
    • Fixed construction robots getting stuck when they return for repair pack to passive/active provider chest. (27526)
  • Optimisations
    • Optimised rendering of huge pollution clouds on map.
  • Scripting
    • Added LuaEntityPrototype::spawn_cooldown - the spawn cooldown for enemy spawners.
    • Added LuaEntity::power_production and power_usage read/write for the ElectricEnergyInterface type entity.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.2

Post by Bisa »

wohoo :D
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

where's the new concrete dev?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27489

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

devilwarriors wrote:where's the new concrete dev?

The people demand concrete! ;)

.. request ... concrete...

Please? :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

MrGrim wrote:

Isn't the yellow zebra floor the new concrete?

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Loewchen wrote:
MrGrim wrote:

Isn't the yellow zebra floor the new concrete?
It's new concrete, but what devilwarriors is talking about is the angled concrete as shown in FFF120.

aar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aar »

thank you for releasing 13.2 so soon! appreciated :)

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Time to start a 0.13 game for me :D

Bi0nicM4n
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bi0nicM4n »

I hope you take this into consideration for fixing in the next release: Terrain Generation in 0.13.1. The problem is that water generation is very edgy, and with "water only in starting area" setting water is still generated all over the world. Terrain segmentation also seems nonfunctional, there is no more a possibility to get a single biome continent like in 0.12 (at least 1km x 1km sized).

fragster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fragster »

Bi0nicM4n wrote:I hope you take this into consideration for fixing in the next release: Terrain Generation in 0.13.1. The problem is that water generation is very edgy, and with "water only in starting area" setting water is still generated all over the world. Terrain segmentation also seems nonfunctional, there is no more a possibility to get a single biome continent like in 0.12 (at least 1km x 1km sized).
I second this. I guess the resource generation problem is related.
With water size to Big, and resources to Low, the starting area will be missing at least one key resource most of the time.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Wow! At the moment I wanted to post a bug I see a patch which fixes it already! And its 2nd time in a row!

Thumbs up Factorio devs, you rock!

zopanix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zopanix »

Hey, just noticed something.

When launching the headless server, when you create a new game. It is not saved in the "saves" folder but it is saved in the current folder.

Same thing with you launch the headless with --start-server-load-latest, it looks for files in the current folder in stead of the "saves" folder.

Is this normal and is this going to stay this way ? If not, is it something that will be fixed quickly or is it going to take some time ?

Thanks for replying

[EDIT] by current folder, I mean the folder you're in when launching the game

epsinator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by epsinator »

Hello,
Can't seem to connect electrical wires to power switch (image bellow), is this a known bug or i'm doing it wrong?
[EDIT 1] I'm trying to do it like in : https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-115
[EDIT 2] Nevermind i found it! I had to use the Copper cable like a circuit Red/Green wire to connect them. Didn't thought of that.
For ppl to know how to do this:
Also thanks for this awesome game! 0.13 is AWSM!

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lancar »

The research screen needs some alterations.

On a 1440p display, the relevant information is all shot up into the top left corner, and the tree takes up just a tiny part in the center of the screen. The rest is unused grey.
Also, the research button itself sometimes wanders off the screen to the right (not in this screenshot tho, was in 0.13.1. maybe you fixed it?)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/ ... 5913_1.jpg

I suggest the research window not be fullscreen, and instead adjustable size, or size dependent on resolution.

Sergeant_Steve
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sergeant_Steve »

zopanix wrote:Hey, just noticed something.

When launching the headless server, when you create a new game. It is not saved in the "saves" folder but it is saved in the current folder.

Same thing with you launch the headless with --start-server-load-latest, it looks for files in the current folder in stead of the "saves" folder.

Is this normal and is this going to stay this way ? If not, is it something that will be fixed quickly or is it going to take some time ?

Thanks for replying

[EDIT] by current folder, I mean the folder you're in when launching the game
My understanding is this: If you take the zipped version from their website and stick it on a folder on your desktop then yes it will look for saves in that folder (not the folder that factorio.exe is in but the topmost folder that every other folder is in, e.g. you extracted the Zip to a folder on your desktop named "Factorio 0.13.2" and then run a headless server from there it will look for a saves folder in "Factorio 0.13.2"). If you INSTALL Factorio then it will look in %AppData%\Factorio for a saves folder.
lancar wrote:Also, the research button itself sometimes wanders off the screen to the right (not in this screenshot tho, was in 0.13.1. maybe you fixed it?)
They fixed that in 0.13.2, did you not read the changelog?

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Good work guys! Thanks and keep it up!

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

I've started a new game after i've seen the new update but i discovered there is a problem with mapgeneration!

After restarting with different settings, there was allways tons of water and some resourcs were missing in the startarea. Will this be fixed soon?

Also the new concrete-style is missing, isn't it?

But over all a very nice update!
I hope it's a challenge to get all achievements! :D
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

xcompwiz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xcompwiz »

Thanks for fixing all these things so quickly! :D You guys rock.

I love the changes, too. Nice improvements.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

lancar wrote:The research screen needs some alterations.

On a 1440p display, the relevant information is all shot up into the top left corner, and the tree takes up just a tiny part in the center of the screen. The rest is unused grey.
Also, the research button itself sometimes wanders off the screen to the right (not in this screenshot tho, was in 0.13.1. maybe you fixed it?)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/ ... 5913_1.jpg

I suggest the research window not be fullscreen, and instead adjustable size, or size dependent on resolution.
It is like this on purpose, lot of other research trees are much bigger so we need as much space for the tree as possible.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Considering the research icons are so big, and most trees are relatively small, with slider bars, I personally think the division should be more half and half.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Releases”