Version 0.13.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.2

Post by Neotix »

bobingabout wrote:Considering the research icons are so big, and most trees are relatively small, with slider bars, I personally think the division should be more half and half.
I agree. That window waste so much space and it's impractical.
I would prefer one big tree with sliders and highlighting patch to selected tech.

self-same-spot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by self-same-spot »

Last edited by self-same-spot on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

self-same-spot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by self-same-spot »

Last edited by self-same-spot on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

And news/Planning on the terrain generation?

I pretty much will try to stay away from .13 until the terrain generation is more sensible. Right now I seem to be unable to get anything resembling a sane terrain setup - biomes always are tiny and look like someone on LSD dreams of painting. Which means I never found a real lake (just tons of tiny water areas), all chaotic.

Aikonn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aikonn »

I like research window layout as it is now.
Most helpful change for me would be adding small bottle icons to each research icon indicating which science pack are needed for research.

example: Right now i just automated red science and it will take me a while before i will autmate green science. So have to click on each availaible research to find ones with only red bottle as ingredience.

Ohlmann
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ohlmann »

TheTom wrote:And news/Planning on the terrain generation?

I pretty much will try to stay away from .13 until the terrain generation is more sensible. Right now I seem to be unable to get anything resembling a sane terrain setup - biomes always are tiny and look like someone on LSD dreams of painting. Which means I never found a real lake (just tons of tiny water areas), all chaotic.
It took me all of 2 trys to have a decent sea to have my back to and every ressources I need. That's less than what I am used to.

The new map generator tend to make better initial map than the old one.

Sergeant_Steve
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sergeant_Steve »

The research layout could be more like the ones in Civilisation Games are. Those are laid out horizontally and if you select one research that's "not available" it will start researching the prerequisites. I don't know if that sort of style/functionality would start a lawsuit from Sid Meier's owners tho.

But considering most people have Widescreen displays and even multiple monitors, it would make more sense to have a horizontal research layout "tree" rather than one that's vertical where there is less screen space for it to be displayed on.

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

I found a spot with a hugeee lake and all resources!

And you know what? I will make a big base in the middle of the lake with the new "land-block" and will add rails on smalls ways to the island, covered by laserturrets which cannot be attacked close combat :D
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

Neotix wrote:I would prefer one big tree with sliders and highlighting patch to selected tech.
self-same-spot wrote:I second the suggestion of putting all trees in a long horizontally scrollable strip.
Sergeant_steve wrote:The research layout could be more like the ones in Civilisation Games are. Those are laid out horizontally ...
I can swear I read something about how they tried this and just couldn't get the tech tree to fit nicely into a simplified "tree" model. There's also concerns about how mod's can add with dependencies that also may not be representable as a simple tree diagram, and making this work with mods is a good thing.

I checked every recent FFF and didn't find what I remember reading, though. Maybe I'm going insane.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

chien wrote:wow :) :) :o :o
factoriomods.net is Things that are not directly connected with Factorio andand Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
thank all :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Your post makes exactly zero sense.

self-same-spot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by self-same-spot »

Last edited by self-same-spot on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Masterfox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Masterfox »

Sergeant_Steve wrote:The research layout could be more like the ones in Civilisation Games are. Those are laid out horizontally and if you select one research that's "not available" it will start researching the prerequisites. I don't know if that sort of style/functionality would start a lawsuit from Sid Meier's owners tho.

But considering most people have Widescreen displays and even multiple monitors, it would make more sense to have a horizontal research layout "tree" rather than one that's vertical where there is less screen space for it to be displayed on.
Wait... Wasn't there a mod for exactly that?

cappie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cappie »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. you guys are truly amazing.. you have my utmost respect for being such awesome devs :)

I mean.. look at those changelogs.. how many people are working on this?!?! 15 or more?

Compboy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Compboy »

Really great job on the quick releases so far. thank you.

Question: is the test folder in 0.13.2 so that we can also put Factorio thru some test cases?

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

fragster wrote:
Bi0nicM4n wrote:I hope you take this into consideration for fixing in the next release: Terrain Generation in 0.13.1. The problem is that water generation is very edgy, and with "water only in starting area" setting water is still generated all over the world. Terrain segmentation also seems nonfunctional, there is no more a possibility to get a single biome continent like in 0.12 (at least 1km x 1km sized).
I second this. I guess the resource generation problem is related.
With water size to Big, and resources to Low, the starting area will be missing at least one key resource most of the time.
1st I hadn't had the problem of missing resources... It might be that there is a bug involved, but I think one point of the new generation is that closer to center the resources are less dense making you go out earlier and further.
Also since landfill (and minable rocks) now is a thing water isn't a problem at all anymore ... the only thing I would wish for is either make ponds yourself OR pump water direct from ground. But I think I know why it wasn't implement a probably don't in future. Because of game play. If you can dig up trenches ... that is the best defense a.t.m. no need for turrets and it can't break. Also water is a somewhat sparse resource.... defeating a aspect of game play when available anywhere ... also the point of spaghetti pipes..

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

Zeblote wrote:
chien wrote:wow :) :) :o :o
factoriomods.net is Things that are not directly connected with Factorio andand Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
thank all :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Your post makes exactly zero sense.
He shamelessly advertised his modding site ... which isn't needed anymore ... thanks to build in mod support in Factorio.

Speaking of shamelessly ads ... I want to do that to my idea: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27844

Walsy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Walsy »

Bizz Keryear wrote: The only thing I would wish for is either make ponds yourself.
MOATS! We should be able to build moats XD

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

My workaround is to install the non-steam 12.35 next to my experimental-steam 13.x If I want to start a new map, I generate it in 12.35, save it and load it in 13.x that way you can enjoy the nifty new stuff on a nicely generated old map

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

dasiro wrote:

My workaround is to install the non-steam 12.35 next to my experimental-steam 13.x If I want to start a new map, I generate it in 12.35, save it and load it in 13.x that way you can enjoy the nifty new stuff on a nicely generated old map
I've done that as well with my save, but to prevent the 0.13 map gen from kicking in as I expand I had to chart a huge amount of territory with the console in 0.12 which bloated the save and removed the exploration element from the game which is a pity.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Masterfox wrote:
Sergeant_Steve wrote:The research layout could be more like the ones in Civilisation Games are. Those are laid out horizontally ...
Wait... Wasn't there a mod for exactly that?
There's a website called Tech tree (currently only compatible with 0.12.35) that shows the tech tree horizontally. it was made by a modder called DaveMcW
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Return to “Releases”