Version 0.13.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
Ubertwink
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.0

Post by Ubertwink »

Steam won't update the game past 0.12.35, what am I doing wrong? Tried deleting it and installing again.

*nvm, found it in beta versions list

Ubertwink
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ubertwink »

However, I also can't use the mod portal despite my steam account being linked to user profile.

Sakata
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sakata »

Ubertwink wrote:However, I also can't use the mod portal despite my steam account being linked to user profile.
Yeah. No-one can from what I'm gathering.
Mod portal is b0rked, along with the updated code to handle it :(

We'll just have to wait for second patch day -- but this is why they didnt release .13 to stable. This is experimental, which we selected with our happy little mouse clicks. So we collect as much data as possible send it and hopefully it gets fixed

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

oLaudix wrote:

Code: Select all

Crafting machine item/fluid total craft counts are recorded per force.
What does it mean exacly?
Forces like Factions, or Sides. the default being Player and Enemy. Some mods allow different players to be on other forces, resulting in multiple factions.
what this means is, rather than the list telling you total on the whole map, it instead is split per faction, so if you were on one of those games and checked your stats, you'd see your stuff, rather than everyone's stuff.
oLaudix wrote:Also is it possible to fix mods by just changing their required version? Other than that are there any other mod breaking stuff added in 0.13? I have shitton of mods and i dont know if its timeworthy to change them all or just get rid of them.
Depends on the mod, my mods for example, some of them were as easy to get going as adding the required version information, others needed a bit more work. the ones I have done are available here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=27216
I do plan to add them to the mod portal as the primary download location if and when it is working properly.
The 2 I haven't done yet are Warfare mod, and Logistics mod. I guess I left them until last because I knew they'd be the worst.
Not only do I have to rename some things to not crash, but they both contain a lot of things that will need modifying, I mean, upgrade your armor and your storage space goes down? not ideal. and the logistics mod also requires a lot of wire connections adding in. and cargo wagons will need capacity changing. and the whole train thing probably needs changing due to graphics changes.

in fact, once I have more stable versions of the mods, I need to go through them all and probably change small things here and there, such as not defaulting inventory size to 120 anymore, instead adding in more items, or research to make your inventory bigger.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Right i forgot that many things will require adding stuff from new patch ... Ill wait cpl of months to get back to the game then ... I cant play it wouthout mods now.

koopakilla06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by koopakilla06 »

ok, my factorio is stuck on 12.35. what do i do?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

enable experimental updates
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

arkantus85
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arkantus85 »

I can not research the logistic robots? it's a bug ?

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Where are the new concrete textures?

Did you forget to put them in?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Yeah!!! 0.13 is released! Now I can test the idea that I have had long time ago about getting (cheating) the achievements.
Modded games won't have the achievements recorded on steam.
The devs may be unhappy about the result...
This is bad I guess
On the other hand, I agree that map generation still needs some more work. At least make sure there are some iron, copper, stone and coal around the starting area. Maybe also treat tree as a resource type so we can set its frequency, size and richness.
Last edited by Mooncat on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoon88
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by silvermoon88 »

Dunno if anyone has really made any mention of this, but trying to download mods off the mod portal is a complete failure.
Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 1.00.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 1.00.18 PM.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 7520 times
Happens regardless of the mod, always does this. Instant-crashes after I press 'OK'.
Mods folder is empty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Mooncat wrote:Yeah!!! 0.13 is released! Now I can test the idea that I have had long time ago about getting (cheating) the achievements.
Modded games won't have the achievements recorded on steam.
The devs may be unhappy about the result...
This is bad I guess
On the other hand, I agree that map generation still needs some more work. At least make sure there are some iron, copper, stone and coal around the starting area. Maybe also treat tree as a resource type so we can set its frequency, size and richness.

Or just don't cheat if you want to get the achivements normally? It really doesn't matter.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Mooncat wrote:Yeah!!! 0.13 is released! Now I can test the idea that I have had long time ago about getting (cheating) the achievements.
My dear friend - imho you completely misunderstood what playing Factorio is about.
Its about rarely mastering, regular trying, often failing, standing up after getting killed and trying after becoming more experienced to do better - a lot of thinking how to get things more proper done - that demands makes most of us happy playing the game.
What your endorsing is standing behind the finishing line and declare yourself a happy first place winner by cheating and without having run a single meter.
Question to folks like you is: "Where is the fun playing and who should applaud that questionable "achievement"?
If your happy with that loner standing thats perfectly ok - congratulations.
We have understood, you have mastered by cheating and your are the winner - now pls go - let the rest of us have real fun trying to master the game in the intended way.
No pun intended - just my2cents

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

brunzenstein wrote:
My dear friend - imho you completely misunderstood what playing Factorio is about.
Its about rarely mastering, regular trying, often failing, standing up after getting killed and trying after becoming more experienced to do better - a lot of thinking how to get things more proper done - that demands makes most of us happy playing the game.
What your endorsing is standing behind the finishing line and declare yourself a happy first place winner by cheating and without having run a single meter.
Question to folks like you is: "Where is the fun playing and who should applaud that questionable "achievement"?
We have understood, you have mastered by cheating and your are the winner - now pls go - let the rest of us have real fun trying to master the game in the intended way.
I don't like working too hard to get achievements (like "Win the game in 8 hours", it is impossible for me), but at the same time, I don't like having unfinished achievements.
I guess I am not the only one. :)
And of cuz I will reset the game data after getting the achievements.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Mooncat wrote:
brunzenstein wrote:
I don't like working too hard to get achievements (like "Win the game in 8 hours", it is impossible for me), but at the same time, I don't like having unfinished achievements.
at least try it.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

kinnom wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
brunzenstein wrote:
at least try it.
Nope. Building a nasty factory and rushing for the achievement is not my style.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Mooncat wrote: I don't like working too hard to get achievements (like "Win the game in 8 hours", it is impossible for me), but at the same time, I don't like having unfinished achievements.
Factorio in not about "winning" (whom you think to impress with "Win in 8 hours"? boy - there is no-one around applauding) The game is only about mastering its finer details. You could indeed impress a lot of folks around with clever, intelligent and compact solutions as NegativeRoot's, Mazuri, Zisteau or Xterminator's and many others videos have shown (and helped newbies like me)
The aim in Factorio is in continuously perfecting and getting better and better and never "winning"

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

I've considered achievements a bane on gaming since they got invented. They are especially wonky for a game like Factorio. But, whatca gonna do? The masses have spoken...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Badpun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Badpun »

First things first, great job devs! I hate crafting games but I love Factorio - I suspect that it's less the crafting itself than what is being crafted in this case! 0.13 is also great, every loving hour of effort you have put in has really paid off well, congratulations!
I had a slight (very fixable) problem with the inventory icons (blurred lumps of smeared colour basically) but turning off the linear filtering for icons sorted it right out - it's probably my 8 year old laptop's problem that the filtering didn't take in the first place!
Thanks again, I think you're brilliant.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

brunzenstein wrote:
Mooncat wrote: I don't like working too hard to get achievements (like "Win the game in 8 hours", it is impossible for me), but at the same time, I don't like having unfinished achievements.
Factorio in not about "winning" (whom you think to impress with "Win in 8 hours"? boy - there is no-one around applauding) The game is only about mastering its finer details. You could indeed impress a lot of folks around with clever, intelligent and compact solutions as NegativeRoot's, Mazuri, Zisteau or Xterminator's and many others videos have shown (and helped newbies like me)
The aim in Factorio is in continuously perfecting and getting better and better and never "winning"
No need to teach me about what is a sand box game. For me, "achievement" is outside the game. Getting the achievements is not related to the gameplay in Factorio. I would do whatever I can to get the achievements, but I know I won't enjoy the process, because it is not the reason I play Factorio. And don't tell me to ignore them. I simply can't.
Anyway, I shared that not for showing off my cheating skill (there is no skill tbh, every modder should have known about that), but for telling the devs just in case they want to prevent cheating.

Return to “Releases”