Version 0.12.35

Information about releases and roadmap.
cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Version 0.12.35

Post by cube »

Lyman wrote:Would it be a good idea if they would stream the release like a some kind of event?
So the most interested audience would know what is going on and just more connected to the team?

I'm sure that I miss a lot of thing that should consider with that idea, but sounds interesting option to me with a short thinking.
Four hours of a script going through a long list in console?

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

cube wrote:
Lyman wrote:Would it be a good idea if they would stream the release like a some kind of event?
So the most interested audience would know what is going on and just more connected to the team?

I'm sure that I miss a lot of thing that should consider with that idea, but sounds interesting option to me with a short thinking.
You seriously tell us that making a build takes 4 hours? Time to start looking at a setup that allows paralellization of the build.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

I highly doubt that this 4h is taken by compiling. More likely it's some unit tests and possibly (re-)creating sprites from 3D models. It possibly could be parallelized but it won't make it much faster due to Amdahl's law

Sebb767
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sebb767 »

hoho wrote:I highly doubt that this 4h is taken by compiling. More likely it's some unit tests and possibly (re-)creating sprites from 3D models. It possibly could be parallelized but it won't make it much faster due to Amdahl's law
Actually unit tests and sprite creation is extremly well parallelizable. You don't need to run units tests on a single instance and depending on the amount of sprites to render it's even easier for this.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

Tempusism wrote:i am actualy waiting the 0.13 cause i want to play with my friends. also i am a noob and i cant make a factorio server. actualy i can.. but i cant play with them if the server is running. does 0.13 will help me to coop with my friend or i still have to make a server somehow?
Nitrado.net hosts Factorio servers for you. I have good experience with them. I'm not sure what you can do with it yet, I just rented it to prepare for the 0.13 release so I could instantly get a server. You can rent 6 to 8 slots servers for like 5 to 10 euros per month so it's not expensive and very convenient that the server is always on.

JudgeArcher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JudgeArcher »

i have a little question about the possibility of player-bots for factorio, would it be possible to mod factorio so you can spawn bots that, for example use weapons and fight with you or repair turrets. or help build blueprints. i thought about bots with some commands like defend here or repair and run from enemy or attack enemy. with the improvement in the multiplayer maybe someone has an interest in building such a bot. does anyone knows something about plans/possibility of such a mod?

ersatzhero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ersatzhero »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:
Tempusism wrote:i am actualy waiting the 0.13 cause i want to play with my friends. also i am a noob and i cant make a factorio server. actualy i can.. but i cant play with them if the server is running. does 0.13 will help me to coop with my friend or i still have to make a server somehow?
Nitrado.net hosts Factorio servers for you. I have good experience with them. I'm not sure what you can do with it yet, I just rented it to prepare for the 0.13 release so I could instantly get a server. You can rent 6 to 8 slots servers for like 5 to 10 euros per month so it's not expensive and very convenient that the server is always on.
gamed.de seems cheaper, but their localization is horrible.
As a german, i haven't had a problem :P

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

ersatzhero wrote:
[DegC]RubenGass wrote:
gamed.de seems cheaper, but their localization is horrible.
As a german, i haven't had a problem :P
I don't know. I just tried nitrado once and it worked so I use it for many things now :p

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Making 21 builds (most of them in VMs), packaging, uploading + some small stuff on the side. It already is parallel, sort of -- for the release builds we are using unity builds with full optimisations that run in just one thread (because the binary is about 5% faster this way :-) ). Regular dev build takes about 3 minutes on my machine now (read those old FFF with kovarex's compilation time war).
TheTom wrote:
cube wrote:

You seriously tell us that making a build takes 4 hours? Time to start looking at a setup that allows paralellization of the build.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

It should be easier in 0.13.0. But be prepared for lots of bugs :-)

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

How long do you think it will need to finish the process and we can play?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

DOSorDIE wrote:How long do you think it will need to finish the process and we can play?
About a month or two. Usually.

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

cpy wrote:About a month or two. Usually.
Hihihi

I refreshed and saw this post and was like WHAT?!?! Two MONTH? Did the scrap the release date?

But everything's fine.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Gecko wrote:
cpy wrote:About a month or two. Usually.
Hihihi

I refreshed and saw this post and was like WHAT?!?! Two MONTH? Did the scrap the release date?

But everything's fine.
Until there's download link, you always get to wait at least month.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

KOVAREX IS BROWSING THIS FORUM. Quick, ready up the F5ighters! And so is mangledpork :D, go make your towns series, we need more episodes from it :D
Last edited by [DegC]RubenGass on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:KOVAREX IS BROWSING THIS FORUM. Quick, ready up the F5ighters!
HAHAH, was about to say the same.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

miturion wrote:
[DegC]RubenGass wrote:KOVAREX IS BROWSING THIS FORUM. Quick, ready up the F5ighters!
If you refresh the 'releases' page you can actually watch the amount of views slowly go up

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

JudgeArcher wrote:i have a little question about the possibility of player-bots for factorio, would it be possible to mod factorio so you can spawn bots that, for example use weapons and fight with you or repair turrets. or help build blueprints. i thought about bots with some commands like defend here or repair and run from enemy or attack enemy. with the improvement in the multiplayer maybe someone has an interest in building such a bot. does anyone knows something about plans/possibility of such a mod?
There are actually mods where you can spawn bots that fight for you. Might not work with 0.13 though.
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=23543

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23559

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24545

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:
miturion wrote:
If you refresh the 'releases' page you can actually watch the amount of views slowly go up
yea, and they are gone here :D

Compboy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Compboy »

Can factoriomods . com handle the load :?: :?:

Return to “Releases”