Version 0.12.35

Information about releases and roadmap.
xxninjaxx25
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.35

Post by xxninjaxx25 »

madtulip wrote:On the bright side tomorrow is friday so there will be at least a FFF to read.
I'm pretty sure tomorrow FFF will let us know the status of the release. maybe it will get released tomorrow for FFF who knows... just have to wait and find out.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I bet it'll be delayed :D

Sebb767
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sebb767 »

cpy wrote:I bet it'll be delayed :D
Yeah. "But in GMT-10 it's technically still friday" ;)

Ausprit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ausprit »

Right now, in gmt -10, it's not yet Friday ;)

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Klonan wrote:
AlexTheNotsogreat wrote:I have to leave for almost a week for space camp this Saturday, I need SOMETHING of 0.13 before then! :oops:
Here is a gif
https://gfycat.com/FlusteredEmbarrassedBarnacle
So; it is now possible to compress a belt using side-feeds?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Kovarex is reading this forum, i can almost smell the delay coming.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

cpy wrote:Kovarex is reading this forum, i can almost smell the delay coming.
There is no delay at all but a update will come when the update is ready and the timing is proper.
The folks with hefty shoulder cave sweating for to lay hand on a early alpha version as soon as possible are exactly the ones who complain loudest when a bug may be overseen.
The current Factorio alpha version, even the experimental one is rock stable and very playable - other game vendors final versions would be proud of that pinnacle of stability.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

brunzenstein wrote:
cpy wrote:Kovarex is reading this forum, i can almost smell the delay coming.
There is no delay at all but a update will come when the update is ready and the timing is proper.
The folks with hefty shoulder cave sweating for to lay hand on a early alpha version as soon as possible are exactly the ones who complain loudest when a bug may be overseen.
The current Factorio alpha version, even the experimental one is rock stable and very playable - other game vendors final versions would be proud of that pinnacle of stability.
I don't do bug reports, i take game as it is, you can't make 100% perfect code. Because even code itself isn't perfect.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

I love the infinite argument of when people are excited for an update of an early access games, it's always the case that people are impatient, they don't have the right to make demands and that they will complain about bugs afterwards.

Just because someone is excited doesn't mean that they don't understand the work that is required for an update, or that they will think negatively of a company when a proposed release is 'missed' or that they demand an update and then complain when there are issues. Some people, like me, are just excited about an update to one of their favorite games and want to discuss, speculate and joke around with other people who are also excited. It's just such a shame that the Debby Downers have to come by to ruin the atmosphere every single time. Could you please just let us have fun and speculate brunzen? We all know that the update will come when it's ready but we don't care about that, we just want to share our hype and thoughts with each other and have fun.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

binbinhfr wrote:http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.13.0-preview/

ohhh ohhh....
Should we start mashing F5 yet?

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:
binbinhfr wrote:http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.13.0-preview/

ohhh ohhh....
Should we start mashing F5 yet?
It's called a “preview” for a reason. :) F5 smashing is still a little premature.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Oxyd wrote:It's called a “preview” for a reason. :) F5 smashing is still a little premature.
No need to smash F5 : there are a lot of interesting things to read for the moment !

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:I love the infinite argument of when people are excited for an update of an early access games, it's always the case that people are impatient, they don't have the right to make demands and that they will complain about bugs afterwards.

Just because someone is excited doesn't mean that they don't understand the work that is required for an update, or that they will think negatively of a company when a proposed release is 'missed' or that they demand an update and then complain when there are issues. Some people, like me, are just excited about an update to one of their favorite games and want to discuss, speculate and joke around with other people who are also excited. It's just such a shame that the Debby Downers have to come by to ruin the atmosphere every single time. Could you please just let us have fun and speculate brunzen? We all know that the update will come when it's ready but we don't care about that, we just want to share our hype and thoughts with each other and have fun.
Speaking as the guy who did the whole raining on the parade dance in the last thread?

Sure.

But at the same time, I'd like to point out that the pessimism dance is also a fun one. The difference is that instead of hype and excitement, it's all about the gratification of vindication. It's all about showing off how wise and knowledgeable you are. Beyond that, it's about tuning your knowledge of the world. If you're right and there's delays? You're smart! If you're wrong? Yay! Pleasant surprise! (and you can figure out why you were wrong) Sure it's a bit childish at it's heart, but as long as there's self awareness about it and no judgement in it there's nothing wrong with that. Really, the core of it a built on the love of knowledge and learning.

So there's nothing wrong with hype and excitement. But I'd also like to play my little game too.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Alakhai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alakhai »

Devs go to hell with this silence...

If you think this is a way to threat your gaming comunity then youre wrong, it cannot be so fucking hard to tell us at least something, hours, days, weeks, i dont mind waiting, but at least tell us how long....

You cannot insult us more, ignorance is the worst

silverkitty23
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by silverkitty23 »

Wow. You have a real problem if you think weekly updates are too rare. And you've apparently never dealt with any other companies.

Ausprit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ausprit »

In the meantime, have a look at the mod portal :
http://mods.factorio.com.

silverkitty23
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by silverkitty23 »

That portal is pretty sweeeeeet, but all I have is a forum login, not a factorio.com login. I assume because I got the steam version.

volundr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by volundr »

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Ausprit wrote:In the meantime, have a look at the mod portal :
http://mods.factorio.com.
I think the the correct link is http://www.factoriomods.com/ ;)

Return to “Releases”