Version 0.12.31

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.31

Post by FactorioBot »

• Bugfixes
    • Fixed crash when script errors occurs while loading game while in game. (23222)
    • Fixed that attempting to connect to Factorio 0.12.30 with an old client wouldn't produce the correct error message. (23177)
    • Fixed that modded roboports with no charging slots were still considering as charging candidates. (23289)
    • Fixed that item icon variant for dark background was not used when showing cargo of logistic robots. (23286)
    • Fixed crash with "Unblock sendto failed: The operation completed successfully." (23206)
    • Human readable error notice when multiplayer connection wasn't successful. (23132)
    • Fixed that headless server wouldn't save the map after Control-C. (23342)
    • Fixed that attacking biters with a mining tool wouldn't aggro them.
    • Improved map download speed when connecting to multiplayer game. (20532)
    • Fixed that assigning units to a unit group of a different force would corrupt the save. (23699)
    • Fixed crash when using can_insert on the quickbar from the Lua APi.
    • Fixed tight spot scenario crash. (23731)
    • Fixed sort order for recipes in the recipe display.
    • Fixed incorrect error message, when setting the number of filters on an inserter. (23496)
    • Fixed flame from rafineries that are marked for deconstruction was frozen in mid air. (23733)
    • Fixed that odd sized blueprints were shifted when rotated. (24036)
    • Fixed crash when clearing modded blueprint that doesn't need item to be cleared. (24035)
    • Fixed crash in arithmetic combinator when calculating -2147483648/-1. (23551)
    • Fixed crash when assigning a character as a passenger of a vehicle when that character already is a passenger of another vehicle. (24142)
    • Fixed dealing damage could sometimes corrupt game state and saves. (23965)
    • Fixed modded save could not be loaded when a modded inserter gained abilities of smart inserter. (23698)
    • Fixed unknown-key message on the third level of first-steps. (23362)
    • Fixed cursor-split transfer (right click) not working when putting items into assembling machine stacks over normal stack size. (23771)
    • Fixed remote.call() from within the same mod. (23587)
    • Fixed inconsistent inserter behaviour when inserting into a splitter from the side. (23669)
    • Fixed train trying to turn around on a single rail. (23371)
    • Fixed internal electric network problems when mod specified irregular number as supply reach of power pole. (23524)
    • Fixed crash when lua script appears in specific state in multiplayer. (23568)
    • Fixed another crash than can happen when train destroys itself. (23416)
    • Fixed rare multiplayer crash "server is missing in the crcs". (23376)
    • Fixed several GUI problems on high DPI displays (23593)
  • Optimisations
    • Improved performance when using landmines. (23267)
  • Scripting
    • LuaUnitGroup::add_member now requires that the new member's force be the same as the UnitGroup's.
    • Added LuaUnitGroup::force read-only attribute.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.31

Post by mngrif »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed that headless server wouldn't save the map after Control-C. (23342)
    • Improved map download speed when connecting to multiplayer game. (20532)
oh boy oh boy!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Speadge »

Blueprints are out of place after turning them once. Even new created ones

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Fixed that modded roboports with no charging slots were still considering as charging candidates
Ohhhh I like that one :D

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

devilwarriors wrote:
Fixed that modded roboports with no charging slots were still considering as charging candidates
Indeed, now maybe I can disable the charging abilities of Bob's mods logistics range extenders, so my bots won't keep getting stuck in a queue waiting for its single charging slot, and instead use the 9-slot dedicated charging pads!

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Supercheese wrote:
devilwarriors wrote:
Indeed, now maybe I can disable the charging abilities of Bob's mods logistics range extenders, so my bots won't keep getting stuck in a queue waiting for its single charging slot, and instead use the 9-slot dedicated charging pads!
Yes that's exactly the issue I have with bob's right now :P

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

devilwarriors wrote:
it won't work if the robot_slots_count value is > 0 .. like with robochest in bob's mod.

work fine with zone expander tho.

markheloking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by markheloking »

HanziQ, I get it that the networking stuff is then postponed to 0.13 instead?

gothicrichard
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gothicrichard »

i use the tm mod and i notesd the icons is like small relly small

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Scripting
    • LuaUnitGroup::add_member now requires that the new member's force be the same as the UnitGroup's.
Doesnt this prevent the opportunity for an allied team to give another team some of their zerg slaves ? Is there really a benefit to forcing the teams to be the same other than preventing "oops" situations, which honestly should just be debugged, not prevented. Unless this only meant that add_member will update the traded units force affiliation and not prevent.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

seronis wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Scripting
Doesnt this prevent the opportunity for an allied team to give another team some of their zerg slaves ? Is there really a benefit to forcing the teams to be the same other than preventing "oops" situations, which honestly should just be debugged, not prevented. Unless this only meant that add_member will update the traded units force affiliation and not prevent.
If you want to add_member first change the force of the entity to match the group you want to add it to.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

markheloking wrote:HanziQ, I get it that the networking stuff is then postponed to 0.13 instead?
Nothing concerning networking was postponed, improving UDP file transfer is in 12.31, matching servers are planned for 0.13.

bk5115545
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bk5115545 »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Improved map download speed when connecting to multiplayer game. (20532)
Is this intended to fix viewtopic.php?f=49&t=23353 as well? I'm not sure if I need to get my friend group to test again.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

FactorioBot wrote:Fixed that modded roboports with no charging slots were still considering as charging candidates. (23289)
For some reason I didn't actually consider this one to be a bug, so didn't report it, even though it was causing issues for me when modding.

I guess now that the issue is solved, I can go back and look at my Robochest and Logistic Zone Expander, and remove the single charging point, to see what happens.

Though, I think there is still the issue that only fully charged robots can dock at a chest, meaning they'll still hover waiting to be charged.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Avallach
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Avallach »

When is this expected to be released to steam? My client hasn't updated yet and I did check to make sure I was set to download the latest version.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Avallach wrote:When is this expected to be released to steam? My client hasn't updated yet and I did check to make sure I was set to download the latest version.
I think you need to tell Steam to opt into experimental updates on the Betas tab if you right click the game in your library.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

bobingabout wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Fixed that modded roboports with no charging slots were still considering as charging candidates. (23289)
For some reason I didn't actually consider this one to be a bug, so didn't report it, even though it was causing issues for me when modding.

I guess now that the issue is solved, I can go back and look at my Robochest and Logistic Zone Expander, and remove the single charging point, to see what happens..
Most definitely felt like a bug, I use to avoid Robochest and Logistic Zone Expander in your mods because they always end up with 100+ bots stuck charging slowly on them while the charging pad next to them was empty.
bobingabout wrote:Though, I think there is still the issue that only fully charged robots can dock at a chest, meaning they'll still hover waiting to be charged.
Yup I tried to fix your mod on my side and the robochest are still aggroing bot and they get stuck since there no charging port.

Avallach
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Avallach »

roy7 wrote:I think you need to tell Steam to opt into experimental updates on the Betas tab if you right click the game in your library.
Thanks, I didn't realize this was an experimental release.

Quazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quazar »

by Speadge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Blueprints are out of place after turning them once. Even new created ones
Mee too :( http://imgur.com/m03dOkt

Avallach
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter