Version 0.12.30

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.30

Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • Mod checksums are calculated when the game starts and are compared with other peers when joining a multiplayer game. This is to ensure everyone has exactly the same mod in order to prevent desyncs caused by local changes made to mod files.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed strange outer corner rendering for terrains with the same layer. (22159)
    • Fixed Factorio timing out of a multiplayer game when closed by pressing the X button (22106).
    • Building things after quitting a multiplayer game is no longer possible and no longer crashes the game. (21743)
    • Fixed memory leak with special signals in the circuit network.
    • Fixed crash when killing the player in on_built_entity. (22228)
    • Fixed crash when making blueprints of ghosts with some now-invalid circuit connections to other ghosts. (22272)
    • Fixed player's shooting target not updating properly when the target's force became friendly (22319)
    • Fixed the documentation of CircuitCondition (22230)
    • Fixed that the ignore_planner field of Command would expect an integer instead of a boolean. (22332)
    • Starting value of progress bar is now properly set based on the input. (22434)
    • Fixed crash when destroying entity with empty corpse string. (22254)
    • Fixed mining drills getting stuck when built pointing at rails and then rotated. (22764)
    • Fixed remote.call() within the same mod passing invalid data. (22459)
    • Fixed the typo in the error "mulitplayer.cannot-load-downloaded-map", the cause of the error wasn't displayed because of it. (22169)
    • Fixed that the server could get desynced and in a state where he has no one to download from. (22206)
    • Fixed that the train tooltip was showing the current station as the next one when in the station. (22280)
    • Fixed crash when a Lua function was used as a value in a table in data.raw (22992).
    • Fixed the tooltip of the inventory limit feature to "Limit the inventory part to be filled by machines.", so it is clear, it limits only input, but not output.
    • Fixed that cancelling a recipe in the crafting queue would reset the crafting timer unnecessarily (22823).
    • Fixed crash when a force other than player, enemy or neutral was used in autoplace specification (22935).
    • Fixed crash when a network interface is deactivated during multiplayer game (20078)
    • Fixed white bar on top of the screen was sometimes present in fullscreen on OS X (16720).
    • Unified the processing of savegame name in --load-game --start-server and --mp-load-game. It can all be supplied with or without the .zip
    • Fixed that collision with point wasn't working properly for curved rail. (22997)
  • Modding
    • Added LuaEntity::unit_group read-only attribute
    • Proper error message when subgroup specified by empty string. (22216)
    • Fixed projectiles with negative acceleration would turn around, fly back and break the game. (23127)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.30

Post by Tepalus »

Yeay! 0.12.30!

I see lots of bugfixes and crash-fixes here. Nice work devs. Keep going :)
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

FactorioBot wrote:
    • Mod checksums are calculated when the game starts and are compared with other peers when joining a multiplayer game. This is to ensure everyone has exactly the same mod in order to prevent desyncs caused by local changes made to mod files.
Thank you so much!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Sarz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sarz »

Thank you Devs!!! What a brilliant game! We appreciate your updates!

-Sarz

Hello from Seattle, Wa

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Fixed projectiles with negative acceleration would turn around, fly back and break the game. (23127)
Wait what? Not updating till I try out this one!

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Fixed that cancelling a recipe in the crafting queue would reset the crafting timer unnecessarily (22823).
For real? That's awesome!

zvezdaburya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zvezdaburya »

Good stuff, lots of fixes. Thanks for the update!

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

BlakeMW wrote:
Fixed that cancelling a recipe in the crafting queue would reset the crafting timer unnecessarily (22823).
For real? That's awesome!
Seriously :) Another case of where I thought it was by design ... !

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Awesome! Some good fixes here for sure. :D Especially the crafting timer one. Hopefully this is declared the stable build for 0.12. I can't wait for 0.13. Hehe
Image Image Image

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

FactorioBot wrote:Fixed that cancelling a recipe in the crafting queue would reset the crafting timer unnecessarily (22823).
Very nice! Really like that change!

Maybe this version is now a stable release - we will see.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Krychle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krychle »

Fixed white bar on top of the screen was sometimes present in fullscreen on OS X
Thank you so much for this!

(Probably does not affect that many of us)

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Stop asking for stable release. A stable release wont make .13 show up any faster. It just stops fixes/updates that are done while working on .13 from being backported. So please keep up with the updates on .12 devs. There is no advantage in delaying them.

Also it seems to me the hash check on mods is a bad design. It only makes things like allowing a person to have modified pictures (ie: for color blind people) more difficult. Cosmetic changes ABSOLUTELY should not be required to be the same between clients.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

seronis wrote:Stop asking for stable release. A stable release wont make .13 show up any faster. It just stops fixes/updates that are done while working on .13 from being backported. So please keep up with the updates on .12 devs. There is no advantage in delaying them.

Also it seems to me the hash check on mods is a bad design. It only makes things like allowing a person to have modified pictures (ie: for color blind people) more difficult. Cosmetic changes ABSOLUTELY should not be required to be the same between clients.
Graphic asset contents are not included in those checks. Those checks are referring to the contents of the data.lua, control.lua and associated files.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Rseding91 wrote:
seronis wrote:Stop asking for stable release. A stable release wont make .13 show up any faster. It just stops fixes/updates that are done while working on .13 from being backported. So please keep up with the updates on .12 devs. There is no advantage in delaying them.

Graphic asset contents are not included in those checks. Those checks are referring to the contents of the data.lua, control.lua and associated files.
In my mod, the data.lua is used to edit the appearance of ore on the map. It would be nice to have differences in map_color omitted as well, though I get that this might be hard.
Ignore this

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

For some reason I can't update mine and I'm still on 0.12.29, I've got it on Steam if that helps.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

spinba11 wrote:For some reason I can't update mine and I'm still on 0.12.29, I've got it on Steam if that helps.
Did you enable experimental updates?
Right-click Factorio in your library, select Properties, go to Betas and select experimental from the dropdown-menu.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

There is only one option for me which is none.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

spinba11 wrote:There is only one option for me which is none.
If the dropdown menu doesnt show this, restart steam to see if that works. (It often does)

Ignore this

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

That worked, I had the same problem a few updates ago and I thought I restarted Steam then but I didn't work so gave up but the next update worked.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I honestly don't know what my steam is set to. Although I received and activated the steam code, I haven't even downloaded it yet. I still use the stand alone version.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Releases”