Re: Version 0.9.0

Post by LoSboccacc »

I hate you all! I am grounded in paris till sunday :roll:

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

muzzy wrote:The crafting sound is killing me. I kinda like to craft 100 gear wheels etc while doing other stuff to not waste time .... and this constant tsssh tsssh tsssh tssh tsssh tsssh tsssh ... is driving me nuts, so nuts that i have to play without sounds now.
+1
How do I desable that sound?

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

3LollipopZ wrote:The severe lack of coal is doing it for me :)
Looks like coal is only a mid-tier fuel source now. Excess oil should provide plenty of fuel with each block providing over 3 times that of coal.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

muzzy wrote:The crafting sound is killing me. I kinda like to craft 100 gear wheels etc while doing other stuff to not waste time .... and this constant tsssh tsssh tsssh tssh tsssh tsssh tsssh ... is driving me nuts, so nuts that i have to play without sounds now.
do these sounds make you feel like you're working in a.. factory? :mrgreen:

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

Time to rebuild factory :3

RawCode
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RawCode »

is coal soo rare by design?

i started multiple worlds (on default setting) and unable to get find any coal near spawn...

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

RawCode wrote:is coal soo rare by design?

i started multiple worlds (on default setting) and unable to get find any coal near spawn...
I actually had a similar problem myself. I went through about 8 worlds before I got any coal near me, and it was in the middle of a big forest that was so dense I couldn't really do anything without chopping down far more trees than I was interested in.

Disinform
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Disinform »

There seems to be substantially reduced resources. At maximum I'm not finding any large seams. Bug or design?

Rwn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rwn »

kovarex wrote: [*]Multiplied all energy values by the factor of 1000.
Thanks for the change :)
Now on to try this really incredible update !

3LollipopZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 3LollipopZ »

Disinform wrote:There seems to be substantially reduced resources. At maximum I'm not finding any large seams. Bug or design?
I remember reading that world generation was being worked on. I admit that I like the reduced resources as before it was sometimes stupidly abundant, but the lack of coal is making my life ever so difficult.

Having to transport coal or any resource from far away to begin with slows my early game down to a grind. conveyors everywhere trickling in my coal and copper. Iron though never seems to be a problem though... and oil everywhere :)

Disinform
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Disinform »

3LollipopZ wrote:
Disinform wrote:There seems to be substantially reduced resources. At maximum I'm not finding any large seams. Bug or design?
I remember reading that world generation was being worked on. I admit that I like the reduced resources as before it was sometimes stupidly abundant, but the lack of coal is making my life ever so difficult.

Having to transport coal or any resource from far away to begin with slows my early game down to a grind. conveyors everywhere trickling in my coal and copper. Iron though never seems to be a problem though... and oil everywhere :)
There seems to be a lot of water, I selected "none" in the world gen options and insta-crash. I think there may be a bug.

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

Read this thread... started a world... spawned next to this:

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

[quote="immibis"]Read this thread... started a world... spawned next to this:

Good luck finding copper that isn't nestled against a biter camp.

The start location has.. no standards. Kinda like my avatar where I spawned on an island.

I like being somewhere near water, as it's a natural defense barrier.. but I keep getting spawned IN the water (sometimes just barely on the coast). Reload! Spawned in a prison of trees. Reload! Nearest iron vein next to biters, reload! No coal, Reload! No iron, Reload. Spawned on an isolated island, Reload! Half my starting/safe area is ocean. Reload!

One time, I had all three minable resources at my spawn point, including water. The problem? They were all in one big huge mass >.< I ain't sortin' that shit! Reload!

My current game, I'm penned in by a dense forest to my west, and a huge biter spawn to my east, and ocean to my south. The only reason I haven't been annihilated yet is that the forest to my east has dampened my pollution.. and I've been VERY careful not to build too much. To the north is somewhat open, but the desert where the forest opens up (with some oil) is in the backyard of two more biter nests. I have about four four chunks of width and about ten chunks of vertical space before I hit the open desert and the pollution is almost at those nests. FML. RELOAD!

And i'm not talking single spawner biter nests, but 2-6 spawners plus worms. I'm constantly penned in on all sides by impassable/impossible terrain and bigass biter/worm nests. If the spawn rate wasn't so obnoxiously fast, I might be able to get some breathing room with light armor and a submachine gun... but now I have to defend from three angles before I even have access to oil, forget about a car.

Marqee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Marqee »

Maybe i'm blind , but i cannot find how to craft "explosives" , that are needed to craft "missiles"

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Marqee wrote:Maybe i'm blind , but i cannot find how to craft "explosives" , that are needed to craft "missiles"
Chemical Plant. 1xCoal + 1xSulfur + 1xWater

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Big patch and nice new graphics and recipies.

BUT ;)

1.) Why do engines have to be crafted in an chemical plant? Bottle up lubricants automatically and lets craft these engines and similar products in an assembler. Chemicals plants only for fluid processing soloely.
2.) The immense loss of fluids when deconstructing a building or changing the recipe. You can lose thousands of oil units within seconds. Can't the fluid just be pumped back into the system (adjacent pipes/storage tanks)

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

BurnHard wrote: 2.) The immense loss of fluids when deconstructing a building or changing the recipe. You can lose thousands of oil units within seconds. Can't the fluid just be pumped back into the system (adjacent pipes/storage tanks)
I was going to address this, but it appears as though this is actually possible in most cases. If you use a pump attached to the entry point (Might not need to be on the entry point exactly) of the chemical plant and the chemical in question you can potentially reverse the pump back into the source. I think this is possible for pretty much all the liquids provided it can get to the point in question. If you use storage tanks for everything you can probably pump it back to the storage as long as it isn't full. But you'll always lose a bit in the actual pump pipe, so you're better off just leaving the pump at each entry point so you can stop/reverse the flow.

dusho
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dusho »

ye.. engines in chemical plant confused me too
also the differences between engines now.. you can create pump only from electric engine (isn't there a better name btw? like electric motor vs combustion engine?)
regarding liquids (oil) - would it possible to manually grab oil from plant and put in your empty tank in inventory? or you can put just crude oil into barrels.. I'm still confused with all the oil tech

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

Marqee wrote:Maybe i'm blind , but i cannot find how to craft "explosives" , that are needed to craft "missiles"
You start with a new game or reload a old 0.8.x game? i have the same problem: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=2346

normal it is left from the battery in the crafting menu.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

BurnHard wrote:Big patch and nice new graphics and recipies.

BUT ;)

1.) Why do engines have to be crafted in an chemical plant? Bottle up lubricants automatically and lets craft these engines and similar products in an assembler. Chemicals plants only for fluid processing soloely.
Yeah, this is a possibility:) It does feel a bit strange building a mechanical item (the engine) in the chemical plant after all.
BurnHard wrote: 2.) The immense loss of fluids when deconstructing a building or changing the recipe. You can lose thousands of oil units within seconds. Can't the fluid just be pumped back into the system (adjacent pipes/storage tanks)
That is tricky. For the beginning we will lower the volumes for the inputs in the chemical plant / oil refinery to match the recipe. Now the size of the fluid box is in the prototype itself.

Return to “Releases”