Information about releases and roadmap.
rakcom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.22

Post by rakcom »

Weresmilodon wrote:
rakcom wrote:
Weresmilodon wrote:I don't like captcha, and there are other ways to stop bots, like asking questions among others. There's a thread over here that discuss several means of preventing bots from registering in the first place. Non-generic security questions, CloudFlare, and Spamalyser, for example.

Locking the forum down is an emergency action, and should only be considered if there is absolutely no other way to deal with them, and even then only if they get overwhelming.
Search reCAPTCHA and you will most likely like it since it is only a single button with nothing to type in
I recognize it, but i don't have much experience with it. It would be another user-friendly way though, true. Don't know how resource intensive it is, though. Any idea?
I am personnaly still new to web programming, but after looking at https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/intro I think that their servers are doing most of the work while your site is only showing and using the widget

Woehler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Woehler »

anyone having desyncs in the new version?

gacek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gacek »

Registration already has reCapcha (not sure how long tho). + few other anti-bot thingies.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

This Capitcha discussion really doesn't belong in this thread.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Woehler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Woehler »

Ranakastrasz wrote:This Capitcha discussion really doesn't belong in this thread.
Yeah. they are probably all just bots ;)

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

beep boop beeb

Sensei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sensei »

So, I don't know how to report spam? But at any rate we have some spam up in here.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Sensei wrote:So, I don't know how to report spam? But at any rate we have some spam up in here.
Mods wil clean it up when they return to the forum in a few hours.

Seems like there is no mods when it's GMT 00:00 - 07:00 hours. We should probably have some mods that are able to cover those hours but that might be difficult to find as the forum is mostly dead aroundthose hours aswell.
Waste of bytes : P

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Sensei wrote:So, I don't know how to report spam? But at any rate we have some spam up in here.
Use the ! button next to the QUOTE button.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

keyboardhack wrote:Seems like there is no mods when it's GMT 00:00 - 07:00 hours.
I guess most of us mods are from europe, so you're probably true :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

Hey, doesn't the Electric Miner still use an outdated icon? I just saw the old trailer and the electric miners there looked just like the windmill-ish icon the current miner has, so I figure it's just a leftover.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Align wrote:Hey, doesn't the Electric Miner still use an outdated icon? I just saw the old trailer and the electric miners there looked just like the windmill-ish icon the current miner has, so I figure it's just a leftover.
The devs are aware of it: [0.12.22] Outdated crafting icons [Not a bug]
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

Ah, my bad. I thought I'd read in one of the updates that all old icons had been brought up to date, but I suppose that was about the research screen.

gacek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gacek »

Hey, Anyone know, if there is any ETA of 0.13? Will it be this month or in 3 months? ;)

Woehler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Woehler »

gacek wrote:Hey, Anyone know, if there is any ETA of 0.13? Will it be this month or in 3 months? ;)
Steam release on 25th of Feb 2016.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Woehler wrote:
gacek wrote:Hey, Anyone know, if there is any ETA of 0.13? Will it be this month or in 3 months? ;)
Steam release ≠ 0.13 release.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Woehler wrote:
Steam release won't be 0.13 though (as far as I know), it will be a stable 0.12.2x.
Factorio Roadmap for 0.12 + 0.13 wrote:The plan to start steam greenlight with 0.12 stable still holds - while the process of coming to steam is in progress we will start working on 0.13 obviously.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We don't have any, the graphics part of some of the tasks will begin after the steam release, so the estimate is between 1 and 3 months after the steam release.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

kovarex wrote:
We don't have any, the graphics part of some of the tasks will begin after the steam release, so the estimate is between 1 and 3 months after the steam release.
Oh man, that sounds so so long. Could we have the 0.13 release earlier with new features enabled one by one?

I'd really like to have the circuit breaker soon. That shoudn't be too complicated graphics-wise but it would improve gameplay by great lengths.

supperbas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by supperbas »

kovarex wrote:
Do you guys also plan to do a few experimental releases with '0.13'-features the coming weeks? or will we have to wait for a full 0.13 release with the estimate you gave :)

Return to “Releases”