Version 0.12.22

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.22

Post by FactorioBot »

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

kaleb_boren
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.22

Post by kaleb_boren »

is the new rail laying mode implemented?

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

kaleb_boren wrote:is the new rail laying mode implemented?
Its not in the list of bug fixes, so no. Major changes like that will only come in big releases, you will have to wait for 0.13.0

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Factorio quotes :
- "We need more iron."
- "Is the new rail laying mode implemented ?"

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Hurray! My flamethrower works again :D
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

I keep getting notifications in my mail about updates to various threads, and then not finding anything new posted. I've had several for this thread now.

Is it safe to assume it's just spam getting deleted before i see it? Or are you doing something to the forums code?

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Weresmilodon wrote:I keep getting notifications in my mail about updates to various threads, and then not finding anything new posted. I've had several for this thread now.

Is it safe to assume it's just spam getting deleted before i see it? Or are you doing something to the forums code?
I just deleted a spam post to this thread, so if you got a notification for this topic, that's likely it.

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

Oxyd wrote:
Weresmilodon wrote:I keep getting notifications in my mail about updates to various threads, and then not finding anything new posted. I've had several for this thread now.

I just deleted a spam post to this thread, so if you got a notification for this topic, that's likely it.
I guessed as much. Are they getting more common? I feel like I've gotten more then usual such notifications lately.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Weresmilodon wrote:
Oxyd wrote:

I guessed as much. Are they getting more common? I feel like I've gotten more then usual such notifications lately.
common? you are kidding me? its getting annoying
daniel34 wrote:I made some statics with data I gathered from the moderator logs:

Code: Select all

Number of banned users by month (each user only counted on first ban):
Dec 2014    4
Jan 2015    6
Feb 2015    5
Mar 2015    1
Apr 2015   40
May 2015   44
Jun 2015   57
Jul 2015   70
Aug 2015  107
Sep 2015  152
Oct 2015  144
Nov 2015  220
Dec 2015  195
Jan 2016  254 <-- as of Jan 15, 13:00
This January is already the month with the most banned users, and we're not even halfway through.
average is 17 spambots every day

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Lock down the forum to people owning the game :D

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Zeblote wrote:Lock down the forum to people owning the game :D
That'll hit people wanting to know more about the game before comitting

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

oh dear that spam ..
Zeblote wrote:Lock down the forum to people owning the game :D
might be the only solution, :twisted:

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

Right. It's been a while since i made my account, so i don't remember what's required, but is there something preventing bots from making accounts?

Another thing would be limiting new accounts so that the first post or two requires moderator approval.

DeadHippie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeadHippie »

Maybe just keeping the forums to read only ,and if you decide to purchase you get a key to unlock it for posting.I know when I'm interested in a game, the first place I go to is to the forum section on the game's website to see how positive or negative the post are.At that point I decide to buy, or move on.I don't need to post if I'm just checking it out.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Weresmilodon wrote:Right. It's been a while since i made my account, so i don't remember what's required, but is there something preventing bots from making accounts?

Another thing would be limiting new accounts so that the first post or two requires moderator approval.
the bot people are pretty good at defeating captchas

it'll be a temp measure at best

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

just saw a post on a thread with only one post to hes name and said nothing relevant to the thread and hes signature was a website link for hes SEO.

rakcom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rakcom »

ratchetfreak wrote:
Weresmilodon wrote:Right. It's been a while since i made my account, so i don't remember what's required, but is there something preventing bots from making accounts?

the bot people are pretty good at defeating captchas

it'll be a temp measure at best
What about using reCAPTCHA

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

I don't like captcha, and there are other ways to stop bots, like asking questions among others. There's a thread over here that discuss several means of preventing bots from registering in the first place. Non-generic security questions, CloudFlare, and Spamalyser, for example.

Locking the forum down is an emergency action, and should only be considered if there is absolutely no other way to deal with them, and even then only if they get overwhelming.

rakcom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rakcom »

Weresmilodon wrote:I don't like captcha, and there are other ways to stop bots, like asking questions among others. There's a thread over here that discuss several means of preventing bots from registering in the first place. Non-generic security questions, CloudFlare, and Spamalyser, for example.

Locking the forum down is an emergency action, and should only be considered if there is absolutely no other way to deal with them, and even then only if they get overwhelming.
Search reCAPTCHA and you will most likely like it since it is only a single button with nothing to type in

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

rakcom wrote:
Weresmilodon wrote:I don't like captcha, and there are other ways to stop bots, like asking questions among others. There's a thread over here that discuss several means of preventing bots from registering in the first place. Non-generic security questions, CloudFlare, and Spamalyser, for example.

Search reCAPTCHA and you will most likely like it since it is only a single button with nothing to type in
I recognize it, but i don't have much experience with it. It would be another user-friendly way though, true. Don't know how resource intensive it is, though. Any idea?

Return to “Releases”