Version 0.12.17

Information about releases and roadmap.
prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.17

Post by prg »

kovarex wrote:The main advantage of the log is, that it can be used even in data.lua (When creating/updating prototypes).
...like print?
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Afforess wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: Scripting
  • Added global log method that can be used to debug script problems.
Anyone have any examples or a link to the wiki on how to use this? Is it part of the lua `game` namespace?
He made it because I requested something. There's an example somewhere in that post.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 93#p116258
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Those new technology icons are amazing! :D I will definitely be spending a good while just sitting there starring at them and trying to figure out what each ones is for without clicking it. Here

Also look forward to the few item graphic updates.
Great work as always!
Image Image Image

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

automatic update from 0.12.11 didn't work (just updates my scenario-pack to 0.12.11) and YES - I do have experimental updates = true (how else would I have 0.12.11 ?) - this is an install folder (used the .exe not the .zip)

on another computer I have 0.12.9 - also doesn't update (likes to update the sc-pack to 0.12.12 - progress ! :D )

just FYI
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Fansana
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fansana »

jockeril wrote:automatic update from 0.12.11 didn't work (just updates my scenario-pack to 0.12.11) and YES - I do have experimental updates = true (how else would I have 0.12.11 ?) - this is an install folder (used the .exe not the .zip)

on another computer I have 0.12.9 - also doesn't update (likes to update the sc-pack to 0.12.12 - progress ! :D )

just FYI
You can force the check for Updates by going to "About" in the Menu.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Fansana wrote:
jockeril wrote:automatic update from 0.12.11 didn't work (just updates my scenario-pack to 0.12.11) and YES - I do have experimental updates = true (how else would I have 0.12.11 ?) - this is an install folder (used the .exe not the .zip)

just FYI
You can force the check for Updates by going to "About" in the Menu.
Which is exactly what I did...

My mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- and steam !

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The update from 0.12.9 is known to be broken, there's not much you can do to get around that other than re-downloading the whole game from the downloads page of factorio.com. As for the updating from 0.12.11... I don't know.
I also have a Patreon.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

bobingabout wrote:The update from 0.12.9 is known to be broken, there's not much you can do to get around that other than re-downloading the whole game from the downloads page of factorio.com. As for the updating from 0.12.11... I don't know.
One correction - I meant 0.12.1 for the second computer.

Also I didn't know there was an update problem with 0.12.9 - I've been off the game for some time... I'll update to a more resent version and check again.

Thanks bob for the reply :)

My mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- and steam !

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

When were the super biters with 5 thousand health added? Those things are intense to kill without swarming them to death via everything or using really powerful mod weapons. (Its worse when there's something like 10-15 per swarm :shock: )
But overall nice new icons.

Tev
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tev »

ludsoe wrote:When were the super biters with 5 thousand health added? Those things are intense to kill without swarming them to death via everything or using really powerful mod weapons. (Its worse when there's something like 10-15 per swarm :shock: )
But overall nice new icons.
They were added in 0.12.0. Destroyer bots kill them with ease - follower count around 70 is already enough to deal with them (with some distractors). For max biters pop full 134 destroyers and spam distractors and with some kiting you'll handle even the biggest swarms.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jockeril wrote:
bobingabout wrote:The update from 0.12.9 is known to be broken, there's not much you can do to get around that other than re-downloading the whole game from the downloads page of factorio.com. As for the updating from 0.12.11... I don't know.
One correction - I meant 0.12.1 for the second computer.

Also I didn't know there was an update problem with 0.12.9 - I've been off the game for some time... I'll update to a more resent version and check again.

Thanks bob for the reply :)
In the case of 0.12.1, it will most likely scan and detect an update up to 0.12.9, then stop looking, due to the 0.12.9 to 0.12.10 update being broken.
I also have a Patreon.

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

Salutations,

it been a long time since i play factorio, and first i have to say, your updater is ridiculous.... sorry, but 30 update, one after one, (ok there is not 30 update but i m irritate a little...) it s just wtf ! So i test the full install, i had a windows seven "integrale" pack 1 64 bits, so i download the 64 bit install, and when it install, it say: i must had a service pack one...? When i launch it as administrator with compatibility, it crash with not even display the loading screen... so i download a 32 bits, and it run with a windows who says i will better on 64 bits... grrrrr !

Otherwise the game is beautifull than i play the last time !

Good luck to continu.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

nours77 wrote:Salutations,

it been a long time since i play factorio, and first i have to say, your updater is ridiculous.... sorry, but 30 update, one after one, (ok there is not 30 update but i m irritate a little...) it s just wtf ! So i test the full install, i had a windows seven "integrale" pack 1 64 bits, so i download the 64 bit install, and when it install, it say: i must had a service pack one...? When i launch it as administrator with compatibility, it crash with not even display the loading screen... so i download a 32 bits, and it run with a windows who says i will better on 64 bits... grrrrr !

Good luck to continu.
You must be missing some other update that the game needs (probably to do with DX 11 ). Have your windows update to the latest updates. It must work then

My mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- and steam !

DDUH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DDUH »

As for me the previous size of tech icons in research screen was better. There was no scrolling in it even with all Bob's mods enabled.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nours77 wrote:Salutations,

Good luck to continu.
There were some issues with unpatched windows 7 earlier, so they added the requirement of the service pack some time ago.
I also have a Patreon.

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

Yep i had not all the update of windows but, (i want to say, they should work on the updater a little, regroup some update in the same, could be a good things for example).
The last game i install on steam, it s mad max and it install on my pc full of software, the last direct x be one of them, it make me do an update of some drivers, (but between us, i m not a fan of the last windows update, to lot of thing to say to them what you do on your pc !) i can play fallout 4 and anno 2205 now, why not factorio in 64 bits...?
But for now, i don t really care of that, i play since long time then i m be more interest in the 0.13 and the ship.

Originus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Originus »

nours77 wrote:Yep i had not all the update of windows but, (i want to say, they should work on the updater a little, regroup some update in the same, could be a good things for example).
The last game i install on steam, it s mad max and it install on my pc full of software, the last direct x be one of them, it make me do an update of some drivers, (but between us, i m not a fan of the last windows update, to lot of thing to say to them what you do on your pc !) i can play fallout 4 and anno 2205 now, why not factorio in 64 bits...?
But for now, i don t really care of that, i play since long time then i m be more interest in the 0.13 and the ship.
you have updated to the experimental version, right? I wouldnt expect much luxury on that versions, I mean its version 0.12.17 so there are 17 changes just for the .12-version. If you stick with the normal, not experimental, alphas you should get only e.g. 2 updates...

Return to “Releases”