Version 0.12.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.2

Post by FactorioBot »

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.2

Post by SHiRKiT »

I think I'm the first viewing this cause I can't download neither from the auto-update nor from the website.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Sorry for the inconvenience, it is now possible to download the new version.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

so many squashed bugs its getting kinda messy :lol:

Greg40
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Greg40 »

Thanks for the update

Code: Select all

Force-building blueprints will mark any colliding trees for deconstruction.
Fantastic !

Martin_Lutter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Martin_Lutter »

I'm not in favour of this, as i liked to force-build solar arrays over forests and keep the trees..

..now i have to be much more careful not to hurt them.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

I think force-building is too hard, blueprints should ALWAYS kill trees. :mrgreen:

Madara Uchiha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madara Uchiha »

Was the burner inserter not having enough energy for taking from the far side bug fixed? I don't see it in the patch notes

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

At the pace you guys are killing bugs its going to be stabilized in no time.

Love the blueprint change.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Madara Uchiha wrote:Was the burner inserter not having enough energy for taking from the far side bug fixed? I don't see it in the patch notes
They did fix a bug i reported without adding it to the changelog. So there may have been something left out =/
(Though the bug i reported was a very simple fix for some kind of example thing ;) )
So who knows i guess as long as you got an answer on the bug report that they had fixed it then it should be fixed :D!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

How did I miss that, that's a fantastic change. We factorians HATE trees!

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

SHiRKiT wrote:
How did I miss that, that's a fantastic change. We factorians HATE trees!
They are annoying but I don't quite hate them... they burn nicely and are plentiful. Now if only we could burn biter corpses.

DeserveVictory
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeserveVictory »

I still can't download 0.12 via the in-game updater. Any ETA on when this functionality will work?

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

DeserveVictory wrote:I still can't download 0.12 via the in-game updater. Any ETA on when this functionality will work?

Just be careful unless otherwise instructed by the Dev's. Updating Alphas while game is modded might break a huge amount of mods.
This is starting to look like what minecraft mod community was heavenly going through, when minecraft was being updated and mod dev's had to keep updating mods for each iteration of updates.

I surely hope, Factorio Dev's learns from other companies mistakes and makes a surefire way of being able to update game without breaking mods.
I know it's a lot to ask, but I hope in the near future many game developers come up with something in regards to this matter.

We can put a man on the moon, im sure we can create a API or script for this matter.

So the dev's don't have to keep updating mods with each iteration of versions.
There has to be a way for mod devs to make the mods (once), while the game just moves on continuing their updates without breaking the mods themselves.
Unless their is a huge game engine script change.
Doing this will allow people to just update their game applications, not having to worry about waiting for the mod devs to update their mods.
And if some mod dev's don't update their mods that so many players have been enjoying using, there will be a problem with people updating to newer iterations of the game itself.

Maybe since the Factorio game is still in Alpha early stages, they can develop some kind of API, that will let the mods be continually used while the game keeps updating.
I dont mean to stir any bad influences towards anyone on both sides of the coin. I am just bringing up something that might of passed peoples thoughts about this particular situation and hoping for a resolve,
while also not going through what minecraft is going through now and before regarding game updates and development of mods for the game.

This is just an concern that keeps going through my mind each time I have to keep waiting for mod devs to update their mods for updated game iterations.
and also in hopes that some mod dev's didn't fall off the face of the earth and the mod they have developed winds up being dead/broken and headed to the graveyard & upsetting many mod players..

Thank you for reading. Sorry for the bible.
:)

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

FactorioBot wrote:
[*]Bugfixes
  • Factorio with RTL languages no longer crashes on startup because of reversed font path.
Thank you for that, but English words (which are sometimes necessary or in mods that are not localized) are still inverted - can that be fixed for the next version ?

for now, I will still use @dev-il's Hebrew RTL Fixer/Inverter
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Yippee the tank is fixed! !

Nugetto
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nugetto »

Is the auto-update tool where you 'Check update' meant to come up with 'No new updates available' ? Great patch though, so many bug patches! :D

Akhiros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Akhiros »

Cooolaid wrote:I surely hope, Factorio Dev's learns from other companies mistakes and makes a surefire way of being able to update game without breaking mods.
I know it's a lot to ask, but I hope in the near future many game developers come up with something in regards to this matter.
Actually, I have the distinct impression that Factorio is usually pretty good about that, especially considering that it's not yet 1.0. The issue with 0.12 is that they've started adding support for multiple surfaces (for things like space platforms or underground), and that requires mods to stop assuming there's a single surface, so 0.12 had to break backwards compatability... and since they were going to have to break backwards compatability anyway, they went ahead and also cleaned up some of the APIs a little (which in the long run makes modding easier, despite the added short-term difficulties).

Edited to add: You don't have to worry about mod incompatibilities being nearly as much of an issue with Factorio as Minecraft, because Factorio is deliberately designed to support mods (whereas Minecraft doesn't actually have mods, it has hacked executables).
Last edited by Akhiros on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FiFtHeLeMeNt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FiFtHeLeMeNt »

Auto update does not work for me as well, should we update manually ?

Physonic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Physonic »

Auto-update works fine for me.
thank you for keeping this alpha alive. Finally a game dev team that does not make empty promises!
im impressed with the work and will definately start spreading the work of factorio when 12 goes stable

Return to “Releases”