Version 0.12.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.1

Post by roman566 »

The problem is that in 0.12 turrets required much less power to fire than they do in 0.12.1. I tested it on an older save and in 0.12 I could easily maintain 20-30 turrets firing, and in 0.12.1 the same turrets, in the same spot, caused my power grid to go yellow from the drain. There was nothing in patch about messing with power consumption.

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

waduk wrote:
FrozenOne wrote:.....

Oh come on guys, this would have been so good map... (enemy bases to maximum, but this cozy little spot with everything needed to survive)

Boats must happen soon. Or at least catapult so i can fling myself to the mainland when i am ready :lol:
With landfill mod, this would be a perfect fortress, care to share the map string ?
I didn't know the car trick so i started another, but setting starting area to small (and enemies and water to max) tends to generate these island maps pretty often. It helps to start it in map editor and "help" the islands a bit to be perfect.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

FrozenOne wrote:Boats must happen soon. Or at least catapult so i can fling myself to the mainland when i am ready :lol:
That sounds like a viable idea to me :)
Not something one would use to cowardly hide on his island every day,
since the landing after being fired from a catapult sure would be rough.

SheepNinja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SheepNinja »

Thanks for the fixes!

azurelinctus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by azurelinctus »

Thanks for all those fixes guys, especially grateful for the blueprint fix because it was slow going doing some things by hand. Great that the burner inserters now fuel themselves for the first bit, got to turn of Rsedings mod now.

Davy Crockett
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Davy Crockett »

Copying settings of different machines doesn't seem to work anymore. I.e. I can't copy an assembler, a requester chest and a smart inserter all at once anymore, it only saves the last one.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Davy Crockett wrote:Copying settings of different machines doesn't seem to work anymore. I.e. I can't copy an assembler, a requester chest and a smart inserter all at once anymore, it only saves the last one.
intended, it enables that if you copy from assembler to requester and get all required items requested without needing to select them manually

Davy Crockett
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Davy Crockett »

ratchetfreak wrote:intended, it enables that if you copy from assembler to requester and get all required items requested without needing to select them manually
I see, thanks. It sounded like a good idea when I read your post but now that I've tested it, I'm not so sure. I usually have this blueprint:

Now whenever I want to copy the settings of the requester, the inserter and the assembler for a specific item, I have to copy and paste all three machines separately since I also want a larger buffer than what I get from pasting the assembler onto the chest, and even if I didn't, I'd still have to copy and paste the inserter separately. Having a blueprint for each product would also be impractical.

Basically, something I do a lot that could be done in one step now takes three steps. Being able to quickly paste components onto a requester is definitely nice but not at the cost of being able to copy multiple machines, I think.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Davy Crockett wrote:
ratchetfreak wrote:intended, it enables that if you copy from assembler to requester and get all required items requested without needing to select them manually
I see, thanks. It sounded like a good idea when I read your post but now that I've tested it, I'm not so sure. I usually have this blueprint:

Now whenever I want to copy the settings of the requester, the inserter and the assembler for a specific item, I have to copy and paste all three machines separately since I also want a larger buffer than what I get from pasting the assembler onto the chest, and even if I didn't, I'd still have to copy and paste the inserter separately. Having a blueprint for each product would also be impractical.

Basically, something I do a lot that could be done in one step now takes three steps. Being able to quickly paste components onto a requester is definitely nice but not at the cost of being able to copy multiple machines, I think.
Assuming you put the assembly line for each product in a different line, you can make one BP for the whole copying process:

Let's take modules as an example - put the first requester/assembler/green inserter set. copy & paste from the AM to requester. re-program the requester and program the green inserter. now use the BP to copy that to how many time you like. Next, on the next line of modules put one set using the BP, re-program it for the other module you want to use, clear the BP and use it on the new line. Now use the BP to copy that to how many time you like...

If and when you want to expend the first or second line - just clear the BP and set it on the first/last R/AM/GI set in that line and Paste the BP no the new spot !

What's so hard/inconvenient with that ?
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

I scrolled through the thread once more, and haven't seen somebody mentioning it:

The Burner Inserters don't start with enough fuel/energy. xD

Well that said, theoretically yes, they have enough to make 1 try to grab an item.

BUT if they are placed along a belt, with Burner Inserters on both sides of the belt trying to grab the same item at the same time then one of both Burner Inserters will waste their Energy trying, but can't get it and then it is stuck without fuel, so you have to manually intervene the way you had to before the update. :D

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

MeduSalem wrote:I scrolled through the thread once more, and haven't seen somebody mentioning it:

The Burner Inserters don't start with enough fuel/energy. xD

Well that said, theoretically yes, they have enough to make 1 try to grab an item.

BUT if they are placed along a belt, with Burner Inserters on both sides of the belt trying to grab the same item at the same time then one of both Burner Inserters will waste their Energy trying, but can't get it and then it is stuck without fuel, so you have to manually intervene the way you had to before the update. :D
It was put in as a bug report & fixed for the next update.
jockeril wrote: Assuming you put the assembly line for each product in a different line, you can make one BP for the whole copying process:

Let's take modules as an example - put the first requester/assembler/green inserter set. copy & paste from the AM to requester. re-program the requester and program the green inserter. now use the BP to copy that to how many time you like. Next, on the next line of modules put one set using the BP, re-program it for the other module you want to use, clear the BP and use it on the new line. Now use the BP to copy that to how many time you like...

If and when you want to expend the first or second line - just clear the BP and set it on the first/last R/AM/GI set in that line and Paste the BP no the new spot !

What's so hard/inconvenient with that ?
It requires a lot of extra steps every time. I personally really loved how it worked before. I would rather they made an alt click to transfer it like it works now rather than removed it completely. It's the same thing with the way the stacks in the hand work now. It really sucks cause I like controlling the stack sizes as well & now I get forced to use full stacks. The update is fantastic, but these changes are really annoying. I don't understand why the copy & paste was changed. Is it really so hard to had key modifiers to change behavior rather than radically change behavior?

Vittorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vittorio »

FrozenOne wrote:Image

Oh come on guys, this would have been so good map... (enemy bases to maximum, but this cozy little spot with everything needed to survive)

Boats must happen soon. Or at least catapult so i can fling myself to the mainland when i am ready :lol:
Hello, FrozenOne! Could you please share this map seed?! Looks amazing!

onlylonneke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by onlylonneke »

Mine keeps crashing like this.
Can I do something about it?
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2015-07-29 om 16.47.33.png
Schermafbeelding 2015-07-29 om 16.47.33.png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 8870 times

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

onlylonneke wrote:Mine keeps crashing like this.
Can I do something about it?
Not enough video RAM.
Broken Graphics

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Oxyd wrote:
Weresmilodon wrote:
Oxyd wrote:Actually no, I'm sorry, I'm confusing myself again. Laser Turret Shooting Speed would increase laser turret's power consumption in 0.11 as well, so it's working as intended. Only on larger scales.
So, it's intended behavior? Does the research state that it increases power consumption?
No, it doesn't. But since Watt is Joule per second and the shooting speed research gives you more shots per second, it only makes sense that the maximum draw should increase. It's still the same amount of energy per shot, just increased amount of energy per second.
It would be nice to add a note/reminder that researching that increases energy consumption per second. While it makes sense I have never thought of it when researching that technology.

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lancar »

Darthlawsuit wrote: It would be nice to add a note/reminder that researching that increases energy consumption per second. While it makes sense I have never thought of it when researching that technology.
I always thought this was too obvious :p If you increase the shooting speed of a gun turret, it uses up ammo faster. Lasers use energy as ammo, so increased shooting speed should naturally increase "ammo" consumption as well.

Notes about it sounds more like a strategy guide advisory than anything else.

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Well, you could also say the beter laser is because of optimizing the shooting proces. I was thinking that way. (aldough that would apply more/better to the dmg upgrades then the shooting speed, but, then again, if we really go for reallity, it would be a constant beam, and then again, bigger beam= more elec, but,... Bleh, going to stop thinking about it. My head hurts)

Edit: my post is ment humourisly, not critisizing :)
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Liono2010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liono2010 »

Darthlawsuit wrote:
Oxyd wrote:
Weresmilodon wrote:
Oxyd wrote:Actually no, I'm sorry, I'm confusing myself again. Laser Turret Shooting Speed would increase laser turret's power consumption in 0.11 as well, so it's working as intended. Only on larger scales.
So, it's intended behavior? Does the research state that it increases power consumption?
No, it doesn't. But since Watt is Joule per second and the shooting speed research gives you more shots per second, it only makes sense that the maximum draw should increase. It's still the same amount of energy per shot, just increased amount of energy per second.
It would be nice to add a note/reminder that researching that increases energy consumption per second. While it makes sense I have never thought of it when researching that technology.
I think all changes should always be mentioned so that one who is researching can know all the changes it is going to made due to research a technology. Dev shouldn't assume that player would know what else going to be change along a certain change. As a player, while playing a game, my head is thinking lot of things, energy, base defense, lack of resources, resource supplies to machines, next base location, finding perfect time for the train station so that it can load as much as that would be unloadable on time, etc. So in these so many things player would not care to think the way the Dev expect them to think. So whether a player knows or not, the change is obvious or not, a game should tell them the changes that would effect performing an action.

Return to “Releases”