Version 0.12.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.0

Post by Grey »

My friend and me get lots of desyncs, despite we have quite good connection. We played 11.22 with 49ms latency without problems, with about a million of active items. Now we started a new game tried latecies from 49ms to 250ms and we got desyncs about 2-3 times per minute.

Anybody experience same? As its desyncs i assume its a game "fault" and no problem of our connections.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(135.1 KiB) Downloaded 469 times

RocketWill
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RocketWill »

So what would the Lua code be to create 2 forces and have my friends devided in between them, or have you implemended that in your mod yet fish that allows you to have independent research. And also does your mod allow laser turrets to target enemies, like player enemies?

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Code: Select all

game.create_force('force 1')
game.create_force('force 2')
game.get_player('friend 1').force = game.forces['force 1']
game.get_player('friend 2').force = game.forces['force 2']
Research is separate for each force and turrets will automatically engage anyone from any force other than their owner's.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

how does one force you ally another?

And if your force allies 'enemies' will they be entirely passive?

Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

I wonder, why no one said it before: that new sounds are soooo great!

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

There is no true alliance currently. All you can do is set cease-fire: game.forces['force 1'].set_cease_fire('force 2', true) – after this, turrets and mines of force 1 won't engage players from force 2. But the forces are still enemies, they each have their own research, they can't access each other's buildings or anything. It's just a cease-fire. Also take note that after this, force 2 will still attack force 1. If you want bilateral armstice, you need to also run game.forces['force 2'].set_cease_fire('force 1', true).

RocketWill
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RocketWill »

Oxyd wrote:

Code: Select all

game.create_force('force 1')
game.create_force('force 2')
game.get_player('friend 1').force = game.forces['force 1']
game.get_player('friend 2').force = game.forces['force 2']
Research is separate for each force and turrets will automatically engage anyone from any force other than their owner's.
Thanks, you guys are my favorite developers

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

YEEEYYYY Thanks Guys!!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Grey wrote:My friend and me get lots of desyncs, despite we have quite good connection. We played 11.22 with 49ms latency without problems, with about a million of active items. Now we started a new game tried latecies from 49ms to 250ms and we got desyncs about 2-3 times per minute.

Anybody experience same? As its desyncs i assume its a game "fault" and no problem of our connections.
Desync shouldn't have any relation to connection or latency. What are the factorio installations and systems you use?

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

We use x64 zip. I think i did an install long time ago with 0.7 or 0.8. since then i am just "updateing" the folder. My friend joined with 0.10. also with x64 zip. I attached my logfile. So you see i use win8.1, my friend is still with win7 i think.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Oxyd wrote:It's /c game.forces['enemy'].kill_all_units()
So the peaceful mode command says it worked, I killed all enemies... yet now the biter attacks are starting over? (so 1 biter instead of the 10 before the clearing of enemies...) Isn't peaceful mode supposed to basically toggle if biters attack from pollution? If so I think either the peaceful or the kill all command is not working as it should or as I thought it should....

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

MrDrummer wrote:
So the peaceful mode command says it worked, I killed all enemies... yet now the biter attacks are starting over? (so 1 biter instead of the 10 before the clearing of enemies...) Isn't peaceful mode supposed to basically toggle if biters attack from pollution? If so I think either the peaceful or the kill all command is not working as it should or as I thought it should....
Are you sure you did the commands correctly? They worked for me when I needed to use them.

l4m3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by l4m3r »

Thx for the lua code for factions ;) now its real fun!

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

FishSandwich wrote:
MrDrummer wrote:
Are you sure you did the commands correctly? They worked for me when I needed to use them.
I am sure I did them correctly because the save I joined had about 10 biters attacking, to which was a point of return for me to kill all biters. I did the command and they disappeared. But then roughly 30 seconds later 1 biter came and attacked the base. (as if the whole evolve counter started over) But since the last 10 mins nothing has attacked again, so I would expect either that biter was excluded from that command somehow.

And yes, peaceful mode is on... (set it to true last gaming session and redid it before the killall command)

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Unless you have some mod that add biters to another force, kill_all_units should have removed all biters, no exceptions. I'll look into that.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Another thing, the wiki should probably be updated :) That way we are not guestimating every command.

Stickman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stickman »

So, after updating to 0.12 via the installer, I'm seeing a lot of what I would describe as input lag in multiplayer. These issues do not occur in single player.

The curious thing is that it's not for all actions. I can run around all I want with no delay.

However, if I stand at the end of a belt (like at the end of my 4-belt main line) and hold the F key, there will be a 0.5 - 1.0 second delay in beginning to pick up materials. Same for when I let go of the button. When I click a chest to open it, there's the same delay. When I hit the button to open my inventory, there's the same delay.

Now granted, I've only tested this with one specific other user connected in MP, but that user was getting FPS/UPS 60/60. I didn't think to ask him about these delays while I was testing them.

Has anyone else seen this?
I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Latency hiding isn't perfect(yet). In the mean time you can set your latency delay to a lower value if you want a faster response time. Bear in mind though, that itll never be as fast as single player.

Stickman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stickman »

FishSandwich wrote:Latency hiding isn't perfect(yet). In the mean time you can set your latency delay to a lower value if you want a faster response time. Bear in mind though, that itll never be as fast as single player.
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info, Fish!

I wondered what that did. I haven't fiddled with it yet, but I guess I can just move the slider to the lowest setting.

Why is there that slider to begin with? Wouldn't you always want that latency to be as low as possible?? Why even give the option to manually increase latency?
I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.

RocketWill
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RocketWill »

So when factorio is released on steam, everybody who got it here is going to get a code to get it on steam, correct?

Return to “Releases”