Version 0.12.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.0

Post by SWSe »

FactorioBot wrote: [...]
  • New tree graphics. Trees have 4 levels of leafes and the leafs are colorable.
  • Trees emit leaves (based on the tree color) when being mined and destroyed.
[...]
:lol: You got it right at 3rd try!
Downloading it right now. Thanks for all your work once again!

crazybmanp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by crazybmanp »

It seems with sufficiently old saves, you need to replace the control.lua file within the save zip with a newly generated version. Note that the devs seem to not want bug reports from these old, modified saves (as seems logical). Any bugs should be recreated in fresh saves before being submited. But, this will get you playing on your old worlds. (i've got one from just after the indiegogo)

DeserveVictory
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeserveVictory »

How long can I expect to wait until the in-game update feature will update to 0.12? I'm too lazy to uninstall and reinstall with a new download, and my internet here is so bad that it's prohibitive to do that anyways.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Ekelbatzen wrote:
Power armor modules generate and consume 100 times more power in order to be able to charge construction robots.
With the updated numbers 1 portable fusion reactor produces enough energy to supply 1 mk2 shield within milliseconds, I can stand in a medium sized enemy base without dying. This should be rebalanced I guess.
Yes, we forgot about this one probably, the shield consumption should have been multiplied by 100 as well.

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

This is amazingly huge. You come from a very far journey, and this is simply awesome. Thanks a lot for all the work you put into it. I spent around 700 hours on your game, one of the best game I ever played in my life.
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

I played some hours now ... and wow ... no bugs found!!! :o
Maybe when you produce walls and not taken it to a chest then it stop when 2 was produced ... but its not a bug :D only strange.
Many things are changed and i like it.
And finally the enemy are stronger and attack more ... wuhu ... no ultra easy mode anymore.

Devs ... GREAT JOB !!!

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by infinitehubgear »

EDIT: I've put the bug report here for house keeping.

Which mac version did you test 0.12.0 on? Mine's 10.7

I got a popup window before the loading screen (which never came up)
This happened when i updated via the 0.11.20 updater and when i downloaded the .dmg separately.
No factorio log file is produced but I did get this from the system logs.

Code: Select all

17/07/2015 23:34:01.368 [0x0-0x11e11e].com.factorio:    0.000  Error Paths.cpp:126: Failed to encode executable path as UTF-8.
17/07/2015 23:34:01.368 [0x0-0x11e11e].com.factorio:    0.000  Error Util.cpp:45: Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Last edited by infinitehubgear on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

DeserveVictory wrote:How long can I expect to wait until the in-game update feature will update to 0.12? I'm too lazy to uninstall and reinstall with a new download, and my internet here is so bad that it's prohibitive to do that anyways.
It will not be fixed sooner than Monday. The problem with releasing on Friday I guess :)

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Seems like you guys work normal hours, unlike the rest of the industry.

It's not very happy or particularly efficient to work long hours.

DopeEx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DopeEx »

there will be a Windows Server multiplayer version? Without graphics, for a root with windows would be great.

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gouada »

Thank you for your hard work!
I would much rather have a few large and stable updates like this one than cheap updates every week! :P
I'm so happy that we can finally automatically control the 3 oil factions, instead of trying to baby them and only noticing that something's wrong when you've got no more plastic or something.
Unfortunately, I can't play right now but I'm looking forward to using all these new features!!! :D
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

Why bigger enemies were added? The defense strategy will remain the same - just add more turrets. The attack strategy will not change - just use more turrets. So, what's the point of them other than forcing the player to build more turrets?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

roman566 wrote:Why bigger enemies were added? The defense strategy will remain the same - just add more turrets. The attack strategy will not change - just use more turrets. So, what's the point of them other than forcing the player to build more turrets?
It was talked about a few Friday facts ago, they were basically added to reduce the strain on pathfinding.

DeserveVictory
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeserveVictory »

Twinsen wrote:
DeserveVictory wrote:How long can I expect to wait until the in-game update feature will update to 0.12? I'm too lazy to uninstall and reinstall with a new download, and my internet here is so bad that it's prohibitive to do that anyways.
It will not be fixed sooner than Monday. The problem with releasing on Friday I guess :)

Good to know. Probably wasn't going to play it this weekend anyways, and this saves me worrying about getting it updated.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

DopeEx wrote:there will be a Windows Server multiplayer version? Without graphics, for a root with windows would be great.
I don't think we even have a Windows Server machine anywhere in the office.

Nevertheless, the Windows binary should come with the same --start-server option as the Linux and Mac binaries. So, if you're feeling adventurous, you can give it a go on your Windows Server. Let me know how well it works, if at all.

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gouada »

FishSandwich wrote:
roman566 wrote:Why bigger enemies were added? The defense strategy will remain the same - just add more turrets. The attack strategy will not change - just use more turrets. So, what's the point of them other than forcing the player to build more turrets?
It was talked about a few Friday facts ago, they were basically added to reduce the strain on pathfinding.
The problem with this is that you won't get a swarm of enemies anymore...
Maybe the devs could make it so that once attacked, the giant enemy splits into multiple smaller biters, reforming that intimidating swarm. This could be a good compromise, as less pathfinding is done from the spawner to the player's base but you still get giant waves of biters. :twisted:
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

Boogalo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Boogalo »

Oxyd wrote:
DopeEx wrote:there will be a Windows Server multiplayer version? Without graphics, for a root with windows would be great.
I don't think we even have a Windows Server machine anywhere in the office.

Nevertheless, the Windows binary should come with the same --start-server option as the Linux and Mac binaries. So, if you're feeling adventurous, you can give it a go on your Windows Server. Let me know how well it works, if at all.
I think windows server is a misnomer. Running headless server doesn't seem to work whether you use it on a Windows desktop OS, or "windows server" server.

It did not work for me. It seems to have trouble parsing the command to load the world. Windows 7, 64bit.

command: C:\Games\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe -start-server -mp-load-game Multiplayer1.zip

0.000 2015-07-17 18:08:59; Factorio 0.12.0 (Build 103, win64)
0.001 Operating system: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
0.001 Read data path: C:/Games/Factorio/data
0.001 Write data path: C:/Games/Factorio
0.001 Binaries path: C:/Games/Factorio/bin
0.015 Running in headless mode
0.018 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
0.021 Loading mod base 0.12.0 (data.lua)
0.575 Info Updater.cpp:720: Downloading https://www.factorio.com/updater/get-av ... iVersion=2
0.777 0 packages available to download (experimental updates enabled).
0.778 Factorio initialised
0.779 Error Util.cpp:45: Opening zip C:/Games/Factorio/saves/tart-server failed
9.415 Goodbye

With --

C:\Games\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe --start-server --mp-load-game Multiplayer1.zip

0.001 2015-07-17 23:33:37; Factorio 0.12.0 (Build 103, win64)
0.001 Operating system: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
0.001 Read data path: C:/Games/Factorio/data
0.001 Write data path: C:/Games/Factorio
0.001 Binaries path: C:/Games/Factorio/bin
0.016 Running in headless mode
0.019 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
0.022 Loading mod base 0.12.0 (data.lua)
0.573 Info Updater.cpp:720: Downloading https://www.factorio.com/updater/get-av ... iVersion=2
0.828 0 packages available to download (experimental updates enabled).
0.829 Factorio initialised
0.830 Info Router.cpp:405: Router peerID(0) shutting down.
0.831 Info Router.cpp:432: Router state -> Disconnected
0.831 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:848: networkTick(0) mapTick(-1) changing state from(Ready) to(PreparedToHostGame)
0.831 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:848: networkTick(0) mapTick(-1) changing state from(PreparedToHostGame) to(CreatingGame)
0.831 Loading map C:/Games\Factorio\saves\--mp-load-game
0.854 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:107: MultiplayerManager failed: "Opening zip C:/Games/Factorio/saves/--mp-load-game failed"
0.854 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:848: networkTick(0) mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
0.854 Error Main.cpp:197: Couldn't load the game for MP: Opening zip C:/Games/Factorio/saves/--mp-load-game failed

i'll write up a bug report. It is intended for us to be able to run dedicated server on a windows box?

RocketWill
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RocketWill »

How do I create a force?

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

Try:

C:\Games\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe --start-server Multiplayer1.zip

That *might* work from what I have seen in the log.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Wow, so now if you split stacks in your inventory to divide between machines, it will combine all the split stacks into your hand. Not only is this change not mentioned, but it's incredibly frustrating & annoying change. The start of a new game was already tedious & annoying as it was, now it just got even more annoying.

Return to “Releases”