Version 0.7.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Version 0.7.0

Post by cube »

Linux version has been released a moment ago.

It is now available both as 32bit and as 64bit version. ... at least there was some good in marvin's build virtual machine failing :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

cube wrote:Linux version has been released a moment ago.
Sorry to always be the bearer of update-related news, but:

Code: Select all

Downloading https://www.factorio.com/updater/get-available-versions?username=wrtlprnft&token=‽
  => 200
Downloading https://www.factorio.com/updater/get-download-link?username=wrtlprnft&token=‽&package=scenario-pack&from=0.5.1&to=0.7.0
  => 200
Downloading https://updates-factorio-com.s3.amazonaws.com/scenario-pack-0.5.1-0.7.0-update.zip?Expires=1380547064&AWSAccessKeyId=‽&Signature=‽%3D to /home/mathias/.factorio/temp/scenario-pack-0.5.1-0.7.0-update.zip
  => 200
ERROR: Source segment length (1319818) is larger than dictionary (629758)
After restarting, it seemed to consider the scenario pack to be updated and successfully updated the game itself. However, trying to play the supply challenge yields a crash with the following console output:

Map version 0.0.82-0 cannot be loaded
cube wrote:It is now available both as 32bit and as 64bit version. ... at least there was some good in marvin's build virtual machine failing :-)
Great, thanks! I replaced my old installation, and it seems to work fine. Even “updating” to the current scenario pack worked.

Nemoder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nemoder »

cube wrote:Linux version has been released a moment ago.

It is now available both as 32bit and as 64bit version. ... at least there was some good in marvin's build virtual machine failing :-)
Awesome! Can't wait to try it :D

*Edit:
32bit version updated and seems to run fine so far, I downloaded the 64bit version but it seems to require libpng16 which isn't included and doesn't appear to be available in my distribution yet.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Nemoder wrote: 32bit version updated and seems to run fine so far, I downloaded the 64bit version but it seems to require libpng16 which isn't included and doesn't appear to be available in my distribution yet.
Thanks for the feedback, these library version problem come from not using ubuntu as a build environment anymore :-). I will try to do something with it for 0.7.1.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Cerus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cerus »

I'm having a lot of fun with the new creeper/pollution mechanics, if I had a complaint it would just be with the "resistance cliff" on the creeper tiers. The drop in physical effectiveness feels really jarring going from small->medium.

APXEOLOG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by APXEOLOG »

This new update is AWERSOME. New enemy mechanics is really good.

Imp0815
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Imp0815 »

Oke i like the progress, but the enemy and pollution mechanic need tweaking. Also the command to turn it off don't work with my old saves so my nice big factory just gets overrun :,(
Also i really didn't carve for more weapons or armors, i just look for a way to don't do all this dirty hand work for artifacts collecting by my self.
But overall its a step further down the development and I'm really happy that it gets forward.
Also the new creepers remind me a little of this:

Pic related: Ohmus from Nausicaä

Maybe later add a mode where the forest keeps spreading the map and you have to burn it down but as more you burn down the forest the more likely it is to spawn creepers that attack your factory. :)

PS: Please release a hot fix for the editor zoom bug :P

PPS: I tried the Combat robots - they are lame why are they exploding out of nowhere? TTL is in this case not what i was looking for!
Last edited by Imp0815 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes! Super!

This comic (original is an comic and very long, the film came later) shows an excellent way of how they behave, communicate, and how to make them angry and make peace with them.
Like!

http://luciustheninja.wordpress.com/201 ... view-film/
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Imp0815 wrote:Oke i like the progress, but the enemy and pollution mechanic need tweaking. Also the command to turn it off don't work with my old saves so my nice big factory just gets overrun :,(
Also i really didn't carve for more weapons or armors, i just look for a way to don't do all this dirty hand work for artifacts collecting by my self.
It will happen someday.
With 0.7.1 and destroyer robots, it will get much simplier, but not automated.
Imp0815 wrote: But overall its a step further down the development and I'm really happy that it gets forward.

This is one of my favorite movies, and in the middle of making creepers, I told albert they remind me ohms too, we watched the movie after that :)
Imp0815 wrote: Maybe later add a mode where the forest keeps spreading the map and you have to burn it down but as more you burn down the forest the more likely it is to spawn creepers that attack your factory. :)
That would be nice pointer to the Nausica story, and after watching this movie, I had also ideas like that :)
Imp0815 wrote: PS: Please release a hot fix for the editor zoom bug :P
The 0.7.1 should arrive soon, but I can't promise any exact date.

Imp0815
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Imp0815 »

kovarex wrote:
Imp0815 wrote:Oke i like the progress, but the enemy and pollution mechanic need tweaking. Also the command to turn it off don't work with my old saves so my nice big factory just gets overrun :,(
It will happen someday.
With 0.7.1 and destroyer robots, it will get much simplier, but not automated.
Imp0815 wrote: But overall its a step further down the development and I'm really happy that it gets forward.

This is one of my favorite movies, and in the middle of making creepers, I told albert they remind me ohms too, we watched the movie after that :)
Imp0815 wrote: Maybe later add a mode where the forest keeps spreading the map and you have to burn it down but as more you burn down the forest the more likely it is to spawn creepers that attack your factory. :)
That would be nice pointer to the Nausica story, and after watching this movie, I had also ideas like that :)
Imp0815 wrote: PS: Please release a hot fix for the editor zoom bug :P
The 0.7.1 should arrive soon, but I can't promise any exact date.
Can you tell me why the game.mapsettings.pollution.enabled = false command won't work? And how it should work maybe?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Imp0815 wrote:Can you tell me why the game.mapsettings.pollution.enabled = false command won't work? And how it should work maybe?
I can.
It is bug :)

Imp0815
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Imp0815 »

kovarex wrote:
Imp0815 wrote:Can you tell me why the game.mapsettings.pollution.enabled = false command won't work? And how it should work maybe?
I can.
:( thanks for the info, so i have to wait for the hotfix...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Imp0815 wrote:
kovarex wrote:
I can.
:( thanks for the info, so i have to wait for the hotfix...
Yes, or you can call this one

game.mapsettings.pollution.ageing=1000
this will remove 1000 pollution on every chunk every tick (instead of the default 0.6).

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

kovarex wrote:

this will remove 1000 pollution on every chunk every tick (instead of the default 0.6).
Can we play with those things in the control.lua? :3

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Also can we create an entity that vacuums pollution instead of creating it ?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ficolas wrote:
kovarex wrote:

Can we play with those things in the control.lua? :3
Yes, these are regular script commands.
Check data/base/prototypes/map-settings.lua for the mapsettings structure.
Nirahiel wrote:Also can we create an entity that vacuums pollution instead of creating it ?
In a pasive way (like trees do), it is ofcourse possible (just check out the tree definition).
In a passive way, I'm not sure. Not sure how would it work if some machine like assembling machine would create negative pollution, but maybe it is possible.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Setting the pollution per energy to be negative, and only having the machine (assembler?) draw power when active, and having an item that activates it (in a recipe, that outputs some sort of garbage item?) would work.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

n9103 wrote:Setting the pollution per energy to be negative, and only having the machine (assembler?) draw power when active, and having an item that activates it (in a recipe, that outputs some sort of garbage item?) would work.
It would work (I believe).

APXEOLOG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by APXEOLOG »

1. Enemy turret just spawned inside of my base instead of 4 Solar Panels... Is this normal? How can i avoid it? I hope they will not spawn instead of electricity/defense key elements.

2. Also i hope to see next tier of accums one day. It takes too much place to make totally 'green' base.

3. Any notes about pollution production for Steam engines / Boilers? Nothing in the tooltip :(

4. And my last question is about Effectivity module. Should'nt this one decrease pollution level? It seems logical since it decrease energy consumption.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

APXEOLOG wrote:1. Enemy turret just spawned inside of my base instead of 4 Solar Panels... Is this normal?
It is not. Enemies should be able to get to the spot where they want to expand.
Enemy expansion inside the player base was disabled for 0.7.1 anyway.
APXEOLOG wrote:2. Also i hope to see next tier of accums one day. It takes too much place to make totally 'green' base.
The original plan was to put it into 0.7.0, but we didn't make it, these should be available soon, we know.
APXEOLOG wrote:3. Any notes about pollution production for Steam engines / Boilers? Nothing in the tooltip :(
Steam engines don't generate pollution, just boilers, the tooltip extensions are already prepared for 0.7.1
APXEOLOG wrote: 4. And my last question is about Effectivity module. Should'nt this one decrease pollution level? It seems logical since it decrease energy consumption.
Pollution is directly dependent on the power consumption, so the effectivity module should minimize pollution for sure.

Return to “Releases”