Version 0.5.3

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.5.3

Post by kovarex »

Hello, we just released version 0.5.3, it is bugfix release.
The first 2 bugfixes were too critical to wait for 0.6 as scenario pack was not working and script state saving was seriously broken.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed bug in saving script state (actual save happened only the very 1st time).
    • Fixed bugs in scenario pack.
    • Fix of loading of custom gui styles
    • Mining cargo wagon gives back items inside.
    • Fixed crash in map editor when opening furnace / boiler / etc.
    • Wire dragging in god mode.
    • During tight spot simulation the camera can move around.
    • Minor fix with arrow in demo level 01.
  • Scripting:
    • Fix of rail not providing direction.
    • Fix of setactive method (set always to active), this fixes the scenario pack as well.
    • Method getEnergy works on assembling machine.
  • Other:
    • Dropped linux deb packages (tar packages remain)
  • Translations:
    • Merged changes in FR translation
    • Added Dutch translation.
The update should be automatic if you have 0.5.1 or 0.5.2 othervise downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

Finnboghi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.5.3

Post by Finnboghi »

Love your guys' commitment to fixing bugs! You're all amazing!

Unfortunately I've discovered more god mode bugs...

After entering a train to connect to the rolling stock, mouse clicks are ignored for all in game functions (the menus still work, though).

This happens after entering and connecting, or simply entering and exiting the vehicle.

The most interesting part: this behaviour persists between saves. After entering a vehicle and getting this behaviour, saving and reloading still results in mouse clicks being ignored.

This affects left and right mouse clicks.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

kovarex wrote:The update should be automatic if you have 0.5.1 or 0.5.2 othervise downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental
Hmm, my 0.5.2 doesn't ask me to download the update (or update by itself). I do get

Code: Select all

Downloading https://www.factorio.com/updater/get-available-versions?username=wrtlprnft&token=676F206765742061206C6966652121
  => 200
on the console, though, so It is checking. I'm using factorio_alpha_0.5.2.tar.gz, if that helps.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

wrtlprnft wrote:
kovarex wrote:The update should be automatic if you have 0.5.1 or 0.5.2 othervise downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental
Hmm, my 0.5.2 doesn't ask me to download the update (or update by itself). I do get

Code: Select all

Downloading https://www.factorio.com/updater/get-available-versions?username=wrtlprnft&token=676F206765742061206C6966652121
  => 200
on the console, though, so It is checking. I'm using factorio_alpha_0.5.2.tar.gz, if that helps.
Thanks for the report, it is fixed now.

And for next time, please don't post your updater token (the random part of the url) anywhere, it is a kind of a password :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

cube wrote:And for next time, please don't post your updater token (the random part of the url) anywhere, it is a kind of a password :-)
Well, actually I changed it, it's not even that random anymore ;-)

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

wrtlprnft wrote:
cube wrote:And for next time, please don't post your updater token (the random part of the url) anywhere, it is a kind of a password :-)
Well, actually I changed it, it's not even that random anymore ;-)
... ah, nice ... didn't notice at first :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

kovarex wrote:
  • Dropped linux deb packages (tar packages remain)
I do not approve of this change -_-

I'm sure you have your reasons, but, gaming on Linux is annoying enough without having to screw with tarballs (it breaks the FHS). dpkg -i factorio*deb is awfully nice.

Thank you for your hard work!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Valkor wrote: I do not approve of this change -_-

I'm sure you have your reasons, but, gaming on Linux is annoying enough without having to screw with tarballs (it breaks the FHS). dpkg -i factorio*deb is awfully nice.

The problem here is the auto updater. For updating the installations made from the .deb packages we would need the sudo permissions. So even if we keep the .deb package it would be without auto updater (which I think is a really nice feature).

Finnboghi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Finnboghi »

Finnboghi wrote:Love your guys' commitment to fixing bugs! You're all amazing!

Unfortunately I've discovered more god mode bugs...

After entering a train to connect to the rolling stock, mouse clicks are ignored for all in game functions (the menus still work, though).

This happens after entering and connecting, or simply entering and exiting the vehicle.

The most interesting part: this behaviour persists between saves. After entering a vehicle and getting this behaviour, saving and reloading still results in mouse clicks being ignored.

This affects left and right mouse clicks.
I retract this report.

No matter what I try (including using an earlier save file and doing the same thing), I can't seem to reproduce this issue.

Thanks again for your hard work!

dginio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dginio »

Please add the feature updates through a proxy server.

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Still this is like my biggest issue with this game :/ to addictive :/ ._. must build more o_o more coffee O_O kill them all O_O *pew pew pew* oh sorry <.<
I do have a issue though aside from the to adictive part :P
The autoUpdater seems to crash the program after updated, re launching seems to work fine but when it asks to update windows says the program blew up relaunching it skips threw the update so I assume it updated correctly.
Using Windows 7 Ultimate x64, 8GB ram, Quad Q9950, GTX 650 Ti video 4gb vram
Not sure if the program uses the temp dirs to work on updates, if so that would be the issue maybe as the temps are disabled on this puter and all user data is a link to a seperate drive, only thing on the accual C drive is windows, its a SSD so I try to limit what writes to it to save the life of the drive, and the speed :P
Also another issue, possibly my securitys being to wierd for the stuff I do with this puter, but it seems to "forget" my user info alot since the update, sometimes runs ok other times its like the config data with the user info is disapearing and have to relog on, just mentioning in case, but I dont think it is related to the program as some other programs are also forgetting me since the last windows update :/ evil windows

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

slpwnd wrote:
Valkor wrote: I do not approve of this change -_-

The problem here is the auto updater. For updating the installations made from the .deb packages we would need the sudo permissions. So even if we keep the .deb package it would be without auto updater (which I think is a really nice feature).
I also second the disaproval of .deb being discontinued.

Firefox also disables it's auto-updater on linux, so what.. I consider that state to be pretty normal and correct.
I don't mind not having the auto-updater at all. I want to update my factorio instance when I deliberately choose so anyway.

BTW: I wonder whether password-protected PPAs are possible..?
Perhaps you could put up a password-protected PPA and let the package manager itself update factorio :)

Return to “Releases”