Version 1.1.75

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.75

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Added autosave slots to "The Rest" settings gui. (104610)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash with crafting machines using burner energy sources and items that produce burnt results. (104343)
  • Fixed that the bonus GUI could show incorrect values for modded inserter bonuses. (104273)
  • Fixed that additional layers of multi-layer recipe icons were tinted when building. (104268)
  • Fixed that restoring a window minimized to the macOS dock would freeze the graphics. (104221)
  • Fixed a crash related to failed audio initialization and switching audio devices.
  • Fixed a crash when creating surfaces during the chunk deleted event. (104406)
  • Fixed that projectiles didn't draw oriented lights at the correct orientation. (103173)
  • Fixed that the 'create_spidertron()' Lua function didn't set the correct minable result name. (103923)
  • Fixed that 'item on ground' didn't show item amount in the tooltip. (92321)
  • Fixed a crash when restarting after syncing mods with save if the mod(s) were disabled and the save had a valid replay. (104461)
  • Fixed working sound's volume or speed not being matched to activity when fading, for example with pipes. (104450)
  • Fixed overlaping red and green wires connected to a power switch. (103456)
  • Fixed that moving a container with which a loader was interacting would not disconnect the loader.
  • Fixed that vehicle ammo slot filter selection would show ammos that the slot cannot accept. (104635)
  • Fixed vehicle ammo slot style when filtered. (104634)
  • Fixed train lights in preview would render for trains on surface a player is on, not for the surface being rendered. (104619)
  • Fixed that cloning item entities wouldn't clone the to-be-looted flag. (104659)
  • Fixed that boilers wouldn't consume fuel if fed fluid at maximum temperature. (104670)
  • Fixed a desync related to custom blueprints. (104717)
  • Fixed transport belts not decompressing overcompressed items in certain cases. (104247)
  • Fixed drawing an extra shadow for health bars of items on ground and items on belts.
  • Fixed that connecting circuit or copper wires in map view did not work if the Build and Drag map controls conflicted. (104694)
  • Fixed override_sound_type having no effect. (104707)
Scripting
  • Added 'entity' to LuaPlayer::open_map and LuaPlayer::zoom_to_world, which specifies an entity to follow.
  • Added LuaRailPath::is_front read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::alert_icon_scale read.
  • Added LuaBootstrap::get_prototype_history().
  • Added LuaGameScript::console_command_used read.
  • Added is_split to on_player_fast_transferred.
  • Added LuaPlayer::drag_target read.
  • Added LuaControl::surface_index and force_index read.
  • Added LuaEntity::inserter_target_pickup_count read.
Modding
  • Added LoaderPrototype::allow_rail_interaction and allow_container_interaction.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Rockman_64
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.75

Post by Rockman_64 »

Thank you for adding the number of autosave slots to The Rest!!!

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

Please explain where "The Rest" gui is. I don't have that. I have "Other", but do not see "The Rest".
Last edited by Usul on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

you have to Control-Alt-Click on "Settings" on the main menu.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

badtouchatr wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:28 pm
you have to Control-Alt-Click on "Settings" on the main menu.
TIL!! Thank you so much! :D

NIronwolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NIronwolf »

Usul wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:22 pm
Please explain where "The Rest" gui is. I don't have that. I have "Other", but do not see "The Rest".
You have to hold some modifier keys when clicking settings.

squiddog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by squiddog »

Just as I reported on 1.1.73, with 1.1.75 I am unable to upgrade from the game itself (1.1.74, macOS x64). It says no update available. The CDN is so slow, an full install will take about an hour to download.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

squiddog wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:35 pm
Just as I reported on 1.1.73, with 1.1.75 I am unable to upgrade from the game itself (1.1.74, macOS x64). It says no update available. The CDN is so slow, an full install will take about an hour to download.
Sorry about this, I did the steps necessary to make the update package from 1.1.74 to 1.1.75 work for all macOS users now. Unfortunately I can't test this change right now so please let me know if it still doesn't work. There was a mismatch due to the new architecture string (x64/arm64) which took one extra release to fix without workarounds, future versions should upgrade just fine from the get go.
ovo

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

Another thing not on the changelog: Mining drills marked for deconstruction before ejecting an item will return that item when they are deconstructed instead of destroying the item. Thank you!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:54 pm
Modding
  • Added LoaderPrototype::allow_rail_interaction and allow_container_interaction.
Interesting, especially the "rail interaction" part. Any details/docs?

Does "containers" also include non-container entities with an inventory, e.g. crafting machines?

When did native loaders pulling from cargo wagons become a thing?

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:27 pm
In this version :)

I presume "containers" in this context means "everything except trains", but I haven't checked.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Modding

Does "containers" also include non-container entities with an inventory, e.g. crafting machines?

Loaders can push/pull from rolling stocks starting from 1.1.75 because i was playing a certain modpack and i was missing this feature. Basically if allow_rail_interaction is set to true (or kept at a default value which is also true), a loader will search for a rail and subsequently search for a rolling stock which will be then passed to the shared update logic of a loader to push or pull items from an inventory. All other interactions that are not Rail/RollingStock are going through an "allow_container_interaction". It may be a slightly poor name but it is consistent with some internal names where there exists a targeter called "container" which can point at various entities with an inventory with which a loader was interacting with. Loader to rail interaction is just an addition to the loader's logic of finding an entity to interact with and rest comes through a shared inventory-to-belt item transfers code.

I decided to not mention loaders being able to interact with rolling stocks in "Features" or "Minor features" sections because loaders are primarily modding entities and most of the players playing vanilla only would be confused about new stuff or would incorrectly assume loaders are inserters.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

boskid wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:54 pm
Modding

Loaders can push/pull from rolling stocks starting from 1.1.75 because i was playing a certain modpack and i was missing this feature. Basically if allow_rail_interaction is set to true (or kept at a default value which is also true), a loader will search for a rail and subsequently search for a rolling stock which will be then passed to the shared update logic of a loader to push or pull items from an inventory. All other interactions that are not Rail/RollingStock are going through an "allow_container_interaction". It may be a slightly poor name but it is consistent with some internal names where there exists a targeter called "container" which can point at various entities with an inventory with which a loader was interacting with. Loader to rail interaction is just an addition to the loader's logic of finding an entity to interact with and rest comes through a shared inventory-to-belt item transfers code.

I decided to not mention loaders being able to interact with rolling stocks in "Features" or "Minor features" sections because loaders are primarily modding entities and most of the players playing vanilla only would be confused about new stuff or would incorrectly assume loaders are inserters.
O:

:O

Well, I have work to do. :>

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

"Certain modpack" :D
Loaders in 1.2/dlc confirmed?
Make belts viable for megabases again!
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

aka13 wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:29 am
Looks like it.
from Update 1.1.72
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:57 pm
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:04 pm
Graphics
  • Loaders now show their item filters in alt mode.
Looks like loaders getting some attention, what could that mean? :D

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

He said on discord that the modpack was SE+K2.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Xorimuth wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 pm
He said on discord that the modpack was SE+K2.
He is just undercover very deeply :D
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:27 pm

Looks like it.
I also noticed that one, I am really hopeful. Right now there is just no way of high-throughput beaconed anything except furnaces with inserters being so slow in vanilla.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

squiddog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by squiddog »

Sanqui wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:13 pm
squiddog wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:35 pm
Sorry about this, I did the steps necessary to make the update package from 1.1.74 to 1.1.75 work for all macOS users now. Unfortunately I can't test this change right now so please let me know if it still doesn't work. There was a mismatch due to the new architecture string (x64/arm64) which took one extra release to fix without workarounds, future versions should upgrade just fine from the get go.
Sorry for the delay. I tried again at a later time and it worked. Thank you for the followup.

Return to β€œReleases”