Version 1.1.73

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.73

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed items dropped on underground belts could be inserted at a wrong position when transport lines were facing east or south. (104104)
  • Fixed DNS CNAME records confusing the SRV lookup on Windows (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=104089)
  • Fixed a crash when hovering over some rich text tags and destroying the object they refer to. (104149)
  • Fixed that "request from buffer chests" option wasn't copied between spidertrons. (104046)
  • Fixed that "request from buffer chests" option in spidertrons reset to default when prototypes changed. (104124)
  • Fixed directories in file dialogues not being sorted alphabetically on some systems. (104053)
  • Fixed dropdown button font color when clicked. (104249)
  • Fixed a crash when switching preferred audio device failed.
  • Fixed not being able to remove script areas in the map editor. (104291)
Modding
  • Added fallback groups format for localised string which picks the first correct translation. (71553)
  • Transparent black in RecipePrototype::crafting_machine_tint won't cause the tint to fallback to value of default_recipe_tint. (104272)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

_CodeGreen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.73

Post by _CodeGreen »

Well, this is rather unfortunate news.

The unloader pictured below was really nice to have, even if it didn't work in all directions. Now, it doesn't work in any direction.
It's borderline impossible to get a full 3 blue belts out of a wagon on one side when you have the buffer chests between the inserters.
I'm not complaining, since the design only existed because of a bug, but still sad to see it go.
broken-unloader.png
broken-unloader.png (467.23 KiB) Viewed 9578 times
My Mods | If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

The win64 incremental update for this release is larger (by less than 1MB, but still larger) than the complete portable win64 download. Is this just an unlucky coincidence, or did the incremental update accidentally include things it doesn't need?

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

DaleStan wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:57 am
The win64 incremental update for this release is larger (by less than 1MB, but still larger) than the complete portable win64 download. Is this just an unlucky coincidence, or did the incremental update accidentally include things it doesn't need?
That's not intended and was caused by an update of the compression tool we're using. It might have to stay like this for the weekend, will look into fixing the update file.
bringing the oops to devops

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

_CodeGreen wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:42 pm

The unloader pictured below was really nice to have, even if it didn't work in all directions. Now, it doesn't work in any direction.
It's borderline impossible to get a full 3 blue belts out of a wagon on one side when you have the buffer chests between the inserters.
I'm not complaining, since the design only existed because of a bug, but still sad to see it go.

broken-unloader.png
I thought that design was no longer able to supply a full express belt when they switched express belts from 40 to 45 items per second. (Although I probably didn't test multiple orientations, so I probably missed any orientations where it continued to fill a blue belt).

Personally I have just accepted that that design maxed out at about 42-42.5 items/second, and just made sure to design for maximum average throughput of less than 42. (That is still better than the old limit of 40 items/second, and I never pushed the old limit over about 38).

(Note those figures were for my last vanilla game, which was probably when 1.1 was released. So I would have easily missed any changes since then).

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

_CodeGreen wrote:

The unloader pictured below was really nice to have, even if it didn't work in all directions.
I always clocked that unloader when I wanted maximum throughput; with clocked box-to-belt inserters it can still do three full belts. As a bonus, it'll do a much better job of unloading the buffer chests evenly. If 43.8 per second is close enough, you can set the hand limits on the far/near inserter pairs to 19 total. I used 12+7 here.
Attachments
unloader.png
unloader.png (253.2 KiB) Viewed 8137 times

squiddog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by squiddog »

Seems that in my case I cannot update to 1.1.73 from 1.1.72 (macOS). I have experimental releases checked, but even if I have it check for upgrades, it says it's up to date.

Download of the full release is going to take an hour even on my 1Gbit home line. The CDN is sloooooooow.

Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gummiente27 »

squiddog wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:07 pm
Seems that in my case I cannot update to 1.1.73 from 1.1.72 (macOS). I have experimental releases checked, but even if I have it check for upgrades, it says it's up to date.

Download of the full release is going to take an hour even on my 1Gbit home line. The CDN is sloooooooow.
Maybe try the steam version?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

DaleStan wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:45 pm
_CodeGreen wrote:

The unloader pictured below was really nice to have, even if it didn't work in all directions.
I always clocked that unloader when I wanted maximum throughput; with clocked box-to-belt inserters it can still do three full belts. As a bonus, it'll do a much better job of unloading the buffer chests evenly. If 43.8 per second is close enough, you can set the hand limits on the far/near inserter pairs to 19 total. I used 12+7 here.
I thought I had tried clocking those inserters (probably back when 1.1 first released). Even with that I was unable to get 3 full belts. Can you shared a blueprint, or let me know what timing you are using for that?

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Zavian wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:55 pm
I thought I had tried clocking those inserters (probably back when 1.1 first released). Even with that I was unable to get 3 full belts. Can you shared a blueprint, or let me know what timing you are using for that?
Each inserter swings once every 64 ticks, and each near/far pair starts their swings (much to my surprise) on the same tick. The near inserters could be delayed a few ticks, but I didn't worry about that.

Return to “Releases”