Information about releases and roadmap.
gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.69

Post by gGeorg »

Shadow_Man wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:25 am
And also there is a discrepancy between the icon and the placed belt: the gear teeth are visible on the icon, but not on the belt. You need to redraw the icon, move the belt image a little lower to hide some of the gear teeth.
I agree the discrepancy should be fixed, however I would recommend opposite advice. As long as cog wheel is sort of trademark symbol of the game, change the placed belts that way the cog wheels are exposed the same way as the icon does.

Chindraba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chindraba »

I'm gonna have to give the new icons a mixed review. The work on them is great, and all the detail is good. Updating the placed belts to show the cogs would be nice too. I actually like them better than the placed belts.
Using them as an icon - something to rapidly carry information to my brain - doesn't work so well:
  1. In chests and trains it's a little harder to recognize the tier, even more so if it's an empty filtered slot in a cargo wagon
  2. In blueprint icons with the print open the tier is even harder as the limited amount of color fades into the blue of the background
  3. In the blueprint book, especially if there are more than one icon for the print, the tier is not immediately discernible at all, have to "look" at it to figure it out
  4. The blue belts on the blue background are the worst to spot
Replacing the splitter to also travel to the right would be a nice touch, but seems unimportant.

Bottom line, I love the artwork and the look, just not the effect.

InstantMix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by InstantMix »

I don't actually have an issue with the slightly different icon as it's a way to differentiate the item from the built product, albeit in a very minor way. One of the previous screenshots showed a belt with belt items on it, it could look very odd if the item was identical to the belt it's on.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Nice!

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

jaygridley wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:16 pm
I am not a big fan of the new belts.... they are harder to identify.
Yup, methinks someone doesn't quite understand the meaning of "icon". Which of course is not news, it's been known for quite some time.

Henry Loenwind
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Henry Loenwind »

Can't you, just for once, update an icon and not draw something completely different?

Return to “Releases”