Version 1.1.50

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.50

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • The permissions list in the permissions GUI can now be localised.
  • Removed feature where reactor collision box would increase when connected to neighbouring reactor (character can now walk in-between connected reactors)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that biters could get stuck trying to attack an entity they were standing on. (100269)
  • Fixed issue regarding placing an electric pole over a ghost of an electric pole connected to an enabled power switch. (100388)
  • Fixed a crash related to units and mod events. (100947)
  • Fixed ghost entities of other forces being considered valid drop targets. (100880)
  • Fixed ghost electric poles connecting to electric poles of other forces. Neutral force is exempt from this fix, it can connect to everything. (100922)
  • Fixed that LuaEntity::disconnect_neighbour was unable to disconnect specified pair of electric poles when they were on different surfaces.
  • Fixed gate cloning related to opened state. (100862)
  • Fixed that on_game_created_from_scenario event didn't fire after pressing "Save and Play" from map editor. (100624)
Modding
  • Added LuaTilePrototype::check_collision_with_entities, false by default. If set to true - checks for collisions with entities before building or unearthing the tile.
  • Removed ReactorPrototype::neighbour_collision_increase.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.50

Post by jodokus31 »

Thank you for the regular bugfixing and maintenance efforts 8-)

Filter62
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Filter62 »

And another pack of bugs I didn't knew existed. :mrgreen:

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:19 pm
Modding
  • Added LuaTilePrototype::check_collision_with_entities, false by default. If set to true - checks for collisions with entities before building or unearthing the tile.
yay! now we can put waterfill without killing spidey.

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by gGeorg »

Code: Select all

(character can now walk in-between connected reactors)
Nice. Could you consider an option to place other entity in the space? You know the 5x5 reactor square could make insane neighbour bonus and challenge to make plant work properly. :geek:

TaxiService
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaxiService »

wake me up when they fix the rocket silo
my mods and 'prints

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

gGeorg wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Code: Select all

(character can now walk in-between connected reactors)
Nice. Could you consider an option to place other entity in the space? You know the 5x5 reactor square could make insane neighbour bonus and challenge to make plant work properly. :geek:
Since it would either make the reactor effectively 3x3, or require an entity to be halfway between two tiles, I don't think it'll ever work right.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

TaxiService wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:37 pm
I agree: bugs that affect gameplay should be fixed before bugs that no one has heard of are.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

TaxiService wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:37 pm
What is wrong with it?

TaxiService
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaxiService »

Zavian wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:25 am
What is wrong with it?
if multiple inserters put stuff into it on the same frame, the silo only takes from one of them. more info here.
my mods and 'prints

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

TaxiService wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:20 am
if multiple inserters put stuff into it on the same frame, the silo only takes from one of them. more info here.
So basically a minor inconsistency between the silo behaviour and normal assembler type behaviour that most players will never encounter. Arguably less significant than a missing '.' at the end of a paragraph

I do concede that for some people, such inconsistencies can be annoying, but from a vanilla gameplay perspective it is incredibly minor. (Modded games can use modded items and recipes to work around it, if desired).

TaxiService
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaxiService »

Zavian wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:55 am
from a vanilla gameplay perspective it is incredibly minor.
i only play vanilla, and for me it's incredibly annoying. a mod could """fix""" this by implementing an inserter with a 100-item stack, but i only play on a vanilla mp server.

this bug prevents us from efficiently making fish. i consider fish-production as the final frontier of engineering, but i can't do it efficiently because of a bug.
the "minor" classification for such a bug is mind-boggling to me.
my mods and 'prints

asheiduk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asheiduk »

TaxiService wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:18 pm
i only play vanilla, and for me it's incredibly annoying. a mod could """fix""" this by implementing an inserter with a 100-item stack, but i only play on a vanilla mp server.

this bug prevents us from efficiently making fish. i consider fish-production as the final frontier of engineering, but i can't do it efficiently because of a bug.
the "minor" classification for such a bug is mind-boggling to me.
Well, fish bred in space (I assume some gen engineering process which requires zero gravity) should be expensive. :-)

But on the other hand: What do you do with that fish? Making spidertrons?

TaxiService
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaxiService »

asheiduk wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:29 pm
Well, fish bred in space (I assume some gen engineering process which requires zero gravity) should be expensive. :-)
yeah, and a rocket for a stack of fish is expensive already. a rocket for 12 fish is just preposterous.

the issue here is that, in "a game about automation", the game encourages you to handle this thing manually. there is no way around it.
I doubt it's a conscious design decision, and most surely not "working as intended"; since some users like to thoughtlessly bark that.

what i want to do with the fish is irrelevant. :lol:
my mods and 'prints

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

The bug is classified as minor issue, until someone decides, it is worth to be fixed.
That might be not satisfying, but it's just how it works with non critical bugs.

TaxiService
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaxiService »

jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:47 pm
The bug is classified as minor issue, until someone decides, it is worth to be fixed.
That might be not satisfying, but it's just how it works with non critical bugs.
it's not satisfying 'cause in my eyes the "minor" classification does not feel thought through very well.
my questions in the bug report were never answered, and instead the whole thing was dismissed with a false dichotomy as a minor issue.

feels like saying "we might look into it in the future, if nothing else ever comes up." rather than "we'll look into it eventually".
This is a feature in the base game, dammit!

once 1.0 was released, we could finally produce one of the few items we could not make before.
After playing thousands of hours, something like this really inspires some players like myself, right? But when you try to do it, you are hindered by the game. When you let the devs know, they don't seem to understand the issue, the community does not understand at all and your posts get deleted.

do you see why i've been bitter ever since? this is not satisfactory indeed! the devs of that game at least seem to give a damn!
my mods and 'prints

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

There is pretty much no reason to produce fish, let alone automatically. So I think it’s reasonable to classify it as a minor bug. (I am even surprised the devs even acknowledge it as a bug?) For now you just have to accept that producing it automatically is about 8.3 times more expensive than manually. These few rockets won’t stop the factory from growing.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

TaxiService
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TaxiService »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:51 am
There is pretty much no reason to produce fish, let alone automatically. So I think it’s reasonable to classify it as a minor bug. (I am even surprised the devs even acknowledge it as a bug?)
i don't agree with this reasoning. there's pretty much no reason to produce landmines either. or combat bots, or grenades or tanks, depending on who you ask. This is a sandbox game which gives tools to players to do whatever they want. One of such tools is the silo, which comes with limitations such as:
- not being circuit-controllable,
- not being able to be turned off with no electricity,
- not being able to be loaded before a rocket is complete...
these are all pieces to the puzzle of "making fish". If you solve this puzzle, the solution leads to what is undeniably a bug! i don't understand why people try to delegitimize this claim. is it just because of my tiny e-penis? :|
ickputzdirwech wrote:
For now you just have to accept that producing it automatically is about 8.3 times more expensive than manually. These few rockets won’t stop the factory from growing.
i don't have a problem with that in and of itself, i just wish the whole deal was handled a bit more honestly rather than saying "the only other solution is worse" and burying the thread in minor issues.
something like "we are planning to refactor silos someday and we might look into it then", "we'll think about it" or just "this is not intended" would have been more reassuring. instead it just looks as if the report wasn't even properly understood, and that i am an asshole for trying to make sure it was. :cry:
my mods and 'prints

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

I have to agree, fish are important!

My low-tech solution: drop a solar panel next to a lake, to power an inserter, which fishes fishes out of the lake and into a wooden box, which I call my cooler, to preserve my catch. Need more fish faster? Place more inserters...

Happy fishing!
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
There is pretty much no reason to produce fish, let alone automatically. So I think it’s reasonable to classify it as a minor bug. (I am even surprised the devs even acknowledge it as a bug?) For now you just have to accept that producing it automatically is about 8.3 times more expensive than manually. These few rockets won’t stop the factory from growing.
there's really no reason to play the game at all, it's a game. the player found a bug, and Wube gets so much praise for fixing bugs. they should fix it. they haven't done much in more than a year other than minor bug fixes. and you're a forum moderator, you should be a little less dismissive.

Return to “Releases”