Version 1.1.3

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.3

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed crash when upgrading ghost that was still built only in latency state. (91948)
  • Fixed script buildability of spidertron not allowing to build in colliding positions.
  • Fixed that migration could remove spidertrons. (92168)
  • Fixed that map view settings didn't persist between game restarts. (92036)
  • Fixed vehicle equipment grid scrolling when it is too big to fit. (91871)
  • Fixed logistic issue with spidertrons when they request the same amount as they trash. (91694)
  • Fixed that inserters would sleep incorrectly in some situations with linked-chests. (92211)
  • Fixed that fuzzy search didn't work. (92217)
  • Fixed that the trains GUI would always use the surface the player was on to render train backgrounds. (92201)
  • Fixed that tips and tricks prototype errors didn't use the minimal mode GUI. (92249)
  • Fixed tips and trick notification window jumping. (91670)
  • Fixed that create_entities_from_blueprint_string didn't insert modules. (91777)
  • Fixed tips and tricks description text disappearing in certain resolutions. (91717)
  • Fixed Laser shooting speed technology missing the Military science pack pre-requisite. (92157)
  • Fixed crash when editing out loaders from blueprints. (92090)
  • Fixed that pressing "Restart" after a game restart would revert some map settings to default instead of loading them from the save file. (91365)
  • Fixed that power switch would not play its working_sound properly. (92269)
  • Fixed main menu background simulation saves could not be loaded from zipped mods. (91862)
Scripting
  • Added "reason" to the on_pre_player_left_game and on_player_left_game events.
  • Added LuaEntity::is_registered_for_construction/deconstruction/upgrade/repair().
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

harrybullari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.3

Post by harrybullari »

I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 earlier today. I often run my game speed at 4x when doing infinite research and I noticed that my UPS had dropped a little bit, which I found curious. Not a critical issue but I found it interesting and thought I would look into it.

I used a backup 1.1.2 save from last night to demonstrate the issue, so I could load the map in the Editor in both versions and not have a large difference in how long they had been running etc. and there is no difference in the map obviously.

I noticed that in Show Time Usage, Transport Lines time is nearly doubled (.9xx in 1.1.3 vs .5xx in 1.1.2)
In Show Detailed Usage, Belts Active Groups is nearly identical (about 36) however TotalActiveLines is now 24,000 in 1.1.3 where it was only about 8700 in 1.1.2.

Is this expected? My base is mainly trains and belts and I do love my splitters/balancers.
stuff

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

harrybullari wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:19 am
I noticed that in Show Time Usage, Transport Lines time is nearly doubled (.9xx in 1.1.3 vs .5xx in 1.1.2)
In Show Detailed Usage, Belts Active Groups is nearly identical (about 36) however TotalActiveLines is now 24,000 in 1.1.3 where it was only about 8700 in 1.1.
We applied a migration to fix some belt issue, so all the lines were reactivated and recalculated,
Does the UPS drop continue after playing the map for some time (like 10 minutes)?
Over time the lines should remerge and get back to normal levels

Bored_Mike
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bored_Mike »

Also having the same "issue". The game has been running for about 1.5 in game hours (6 hours real time) and hasn't recovered yet. Hopefully I will get those delicious 3-4 fps back at some point.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Bored_Mike wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm
Also having the same "issue". The game has been running for about 1.5 in game hours (6 hours real time) and hasn't recovered yet. Hopefully I will get those delicious 3-4 fps back at some point.
Ok, if you make a bug report and attach some save games, we can take a look

(also goes for the guy above)

harrybullari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harrybullari »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:10 am
harrybullari wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:19 am
In Show Detailed Usage, Belts Active Groups is nearly identical (about 36) however TotalActiveLines is now 24,000 in 1.1.3 where it was only about 8700 in 1.1.
We applied a migration to fix some belt issue, so all the lines were reactivated and recalculated,
Does the UPS drop continue after playing the map for some time (like 10 minutes)?
Over time the lines should remerge and get back to normal levels
It does not seem to. I let it run overnight since military science only gets generated at 600/minute and I need 4M for the next artillery research.

I cannot exactly test this map in 1.1.2 since it's now been saved in 1.1.3 format, but I did do some testing with a slightly older version.

I stopped everything so only the nuclear reactors are running and fuel is being produced for them. I let all the lines back up until Active Groups and Total Active Lines were near 0 (Less than 5 TotalActiveLines) and paused the map in Editor. Then I saved it and copied it to 1.1.3 and while it was still paused, in each version I disabled the circuit condition blocking rocket launch. I used the "Play for limited time" to run each version for 36K ticks.

At the end of the test, TotalActiveLines is 8307 in 1.1.2 and 12541 in 1.1.3.

Next, I played each map 36K ticks x 4 times, to get the factory at full production. After a total of 5x running 36K ticks, TotalActiveLines is 11231 in 1.1.2 and 16683 in 1.1.3.

The difference is about 5 - 10 UPS, not a huge deal. And I did similar tests with 1.0 > 1.1.2 > 1.1.3 and 1.1.x overall is absolutely the clear winner (like a map that can go at 140 UPS in 1.0 can go at nearly 190 in 1.1.2/1.1.3!) so I don't want to make it seem as if I am saying it's broken.

I just found it very curious that the TotalActiveLines was so high and also the divergence, but maybe this is expected.

harrybullari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harrybullari »

Bored_Mike wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm
Yeah it's not really much of a big deal especially when you try the same thing in 1.0, it's like we got a 40% performance boost and they took 5% back LOL.

michelguenette
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by michelguenette »

This might not belong here, but it is related to 1.1.3.

I was looking for some insights into a mod that I have provided assistance with, and I was trying to determine if there is an easy way to prevent handcrafting of certain items, because the recipe creates more than one stack when completed, and the player loses resources in the process. When the same item is made in an assembling machine, then the correct number of products are made.

Knowing that the engine-unit cannot be handcrafted, I looked for it within the recipe.lua file. I noticed the category is set as advanced-crafting. I could not recall any other item, which does not require a fluid, that could not be crafted by hand. When I searched for advanced-crafting, I ended up with a seccond instance of engine-unit in the code. The respective lines in the file are 1183 and 1335, respectively.

If this is an unintentional duplication, then you might want to remove it whenever 1.1.4 is released.

If I should have put this somewhere else, then please let me know. Sorry for making more work for you, if this is in the wrong spot.

Thank you.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

michelguenette wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:50 am
This might not belong here, but it is related to 1.1.3.

I was looking for some insights into a mod that I have provided assistance with, and I was trying to determine if there is an easy way to prevent handcrafting of certain items, because the recipe creates more than one stack when completed, and the player loses resources in the process. When the same item is made in an assembling machine, then the correct number of products are made.

Knowing that the engine-unit cannot be handcrafted, I looked for it within the recipe.lua file. I noticed the category is set as advanced-crafting. I could not recall any other item, which does not require a fluid, that could not be crafted by hand. When I searched for advanced-crafting, I ended up with a seccond instance of engine-unit in the code. The respective lines in the file are 1183 and 1335, respectively.

If this is an unintentional duplication, then you might want to remove it whenever 1.1.4 is released.

If I should have put this somewhere else, then please let me know. Sorry for making more work for you, if this is in the wrong spot.

Thank you.
This belongs more in modding questions, it isn't really related to 1.1.3 at all.
Looking in `recipe.lua` you may find examples, but there's more prototype options that aren't all used in vanilla. You should always check the wiki for that prototype: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Recipe
Which lists `hide_from_player_crafting` which sound like it'll work for you.

You can't craft things that need fluids by hand since you can't actually hold fluids.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

michelguenette
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by michelguenette »

Even though it is because I was looking for answers to a mod issue, I found something that might have been overlooked and missed in the base code. If the duplication is not supposed to be there, then I figured that I would bring it to someone's attention, so that it can be rectified with the next version change.

I will deal with the modding stuff separately.

Thank you for the insights.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

michelguenette wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 am
Even though it is because I was looking for answers to a mod issue, I found something that might have been overlooked and missed in the base code. If the duplication is not supposed to be there, then I figured that I would bring it to someone's attention, so that it can be rectified with the next version change.
It's usually better to post these things in bug reports as they tend to get lost in release threads. Anyway, I removed the duplicate recipe for 1.1.4.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Releases”