Version 0.16.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.0

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I love how you use Radars for the shells. Also the stack size limit is interesting, although I feel it should only stack to 10 in cannons. I can see why the artillery train needs that capacity though, given you would otherwise need an external inserter mess to transfer from a cargo wagon dedicated to storage. Which, admittedly, would be nifty.

Still, artillery wagon. Link that to one of your cargo trains, and it will kill enemy bases each time it goes to load new ore. Still, glad that the ground artillery exists. Otherwise it would end up like those hilarious but practical Train-car sorter/large chest simulator things, where train cars are used to move items off by one or act as easily accessed storage for compact setups. Would be silly to have to setup rails, then an artillery wagon, rather than a proper ground installation.

Hoping for gun/laser wagons too. Hopefully there is a toggle to allow functioning on the move... May be able to get rid of behemoths trying to block your train....

Glad we have automated combat now at least. No automated combat robots/Cars/tanks yet, but artillery works great.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

_alphaBeta_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _alphaBeta_ »

Am I the only one thinking that enemies need a bit of a buff given the expanding player arsenal?

Eaggra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eaggra »

omg, it takes years until I have installed the upate.
Progress after 15 minutes x.X

cid0rz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cid0rz »

I've overstated this before but THANK YOU for continuing improving this already awesome game!

pfooti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pfooti »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
pfooti wrote:Have they changed the way assembler machines keep stacks of resources? I could swear in .15.x and previously, an assembler machine would keep two products in reserve if its output were backed up (say its inserter was turned off), but now I'm looking at an iron gear wheel assembler in my new map that has 81 gears in it.
This was changed reflecting demand from players cause super high speed recipes (like beaconed gears etc) could not be supplied by resources by stack inserters in time. Now the buffer is increased to Max(Items_per_second,1)+1. So on slow and expensive recipes you will not see the difference but fast intermediates will have their buffers significally increased.
I'm not sure I understand the math here- my iron gear wheel assembler produces one per second in an assember 1: 0.5 sec to make 1 gear, crafting speed 0.5. My math may be off a bit there, but I had 81 gears buffered in my assembler. It was direct-inputting to an assembler 1 building science pack 1, so the draw on that was (i think, if I do this right) one gear wheel per ten seconds (5 second craft time, slowed by half), so I don't think there was a need for it to run up quite so many gears in reserve.

MaexxDesign
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MaexxDesign »

Even my insane red-circuit-savegame runs now at 60 FPS instead of 27.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=26930

unbelievable !

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

BIG HUGE *NO* ON (non-modifier-key) FAST REPLACE BELTS/SPLITTERS.

Yes, yelling, because annoyed.

I often put up belts with gaps for splitters then placing splitters while running along the belts. But with this, the splitters don't get put into the gaps only, they replace all the belts.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:BIG HUGE *NO* ON (non-modifier-key) FAST REPLACE BELTS/SPLITTERS.

I often put up belts with gaps for splitters then placing splitters while running along the belts. But with this, the splitters don't get put into the gaps only, they replace all the belts.
There will be an option eventually :)

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I'd like to suggest disallowing fast replace of splitters undergrounds whilst running/dragging, and only do fast replace of those on an actual mouse click. I think that would solve the most common cases of accidentally removing splitter/undergrounds whilst running along upgrading belts.

If that isn't feasible, then maybe allow fast replace of belts with splitters/undergrounds, but disallow fast replace of splitters/underground with belts.

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

kovarex wrote:
Jürgen Erhard wrote:BIG HUGE *NO* ON (non-modifier-key) FAST REPLACE BELTS/SPLITTERS.

There will be an option eventually :)
Hurrah!

Drizak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drizak »

Holy shit thanks for the xmas present <3

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

kovarex wrote:
Atomicking74 wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Major Features
[*]Removed Assembling machine 1 from the production science pack.
The removal of assembly machines from production science pack is quite significant, are there any plans currently among the dev team to add something to that pack to replace the assembly machine? Currently the only requires electric engine and electric furnace.

Absolute round of applause for the dev team, the level of continued support, improvements and additions rivals that of triple A game studios.
The goal was also to reduce the amount of things you need to build for the science packs, so no, we don't place to add something there instead.
Can I confirm that you meant "reduce the amount of things you need to build for the science pack" rather than reduce the amount of iron/copper/green circuits you need to make for the science pack? (If this change was really meant to reduce the resource cost, then maybe think about re-adding the assemblers, or even assembler lvl 2s, and making the recipe make 3 or even 4 flasks over a longer cycle, or alternatively making blue science make 2 flasks/cycle and saving some resources there).

In my opinion production science is too easy to make. Lube is easy, expanding engine production by 50% and using that to make electric engines is also easy. Electric furnaces are easy to make, but probably require expanding red circuits, steel and brick production. (None of that is hard, but it can be boring and time consuming). Electric engines is also a little similar to engines from blue science. Maybe replace them with flying robot frames? (I also think it should have a third ingredient, personally I favour replacing electric engines with flying robot frames and adding lvl 2 assemblers. Change the recipe and craft times to make 3 or even 4 flasks if that makes things too expensive).

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Resources are much more spread apart. To compensate, patches are larger. Since it's easier to mine, the amount of resources on the map is 3 times less.
Resources scale slightly less over distance.
No uranium as a starting resource also no uranium is ever generated near the starting area, you need to go look for it.
why? WHY?
hate it.

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

Nemac wrote:
Resources are much more spread apart. To compensate, patches are larger. Since it's easier to mine, the amount of resources on the map is 3 times less.
Resources scale slightly less over distance.
No uranium as a starting resource also no uranium is ever generated near the starting area, you need to go look for it.
why? WHY?
hate it.
Why do you hate it? I’m kinda liking it. I tried a standard setting game to get my “sea legs” for 0.16 and it has been awesome so far. Although I can tell I’m used to death worlds. I had my base fully walled before the biters were anywhere near a threat. :)

Regardless, fewer larger patches are definitely my preference.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

_alphaBeta_ wrote:Am I the only one thinking that enemies need a bit of a buff given the expanding player arsenal?
Probably not a buff so much as more variety. Or, you know, an overhaul entirely....
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

pfooti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pfooti »

pfooti wrote:
PacifyerGrey wrote:
pfooti wrote:Have they changed the way assembler machines keep stacks of resources? I could swear in .15.x and previously, an assembler machine would keep two products in reserve if its output were backed up (say its inserter was turned off), but now I'm looking at an iron gear wheel assembler in my new map that has 81 gears in it.
This was changed reflecting demand from players cause super high speed recipes (like beaconed gears etc) could not be supplied by resources by stack inserters in time. Now the buffer is increased to Max(Items_per_second,1)+1. So on slow and expensive recipes you will not see the difference but fast intermediates will have their buffers significally increased.
I'm not sure I understand the math here- my iron gear wheel assembler produces one per second in an assember 1: 0.5 sec to make 1 gear, crafting speed 0.5. My math may be off a bit there, but I had 81 gears buffered in my assembler. It was direct-inputting to an assembler 1 building science pack 1, so the draw on that was (i think, if I do this right) one gear wheel per ten seconds (5 second craft time, slowed by half), so I don't think there was a need for it to run up quite so many gears in reserve.
in 16.4, this doesn't happen anymore - it's down to items_per_second + 1 basically. So, yay.

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

That concreet floor is very ugly!!!! PLEASE make a vote for the players make a choise what one is better( I preffer from the version 0.15) and the icon isnt looks like thath concreet.!!!!
The sistem of the belt i dont like it now tho make a bus system is a litle hard the Divisor belt must divide the contents of belt and not to put 1 one right and another on the left!!!

greaman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by greaman »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Roboports now provide the repair packs they have for other robots to use.
Okay, looking at my bigger bases: that's a bug and not a feature... I have supply trains bringing in repair packs which are fed into the roboport via a requester-quest.

What's happing now is a loop of bots taking the packs out of the roboport to fill the requester chest to be fed again into the roboport... loop of death.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

greaman, if you replace your requester with a buffer chest and ditch the inserter, it should break that loop. though I do agree that what you're seeing shouldn't happen

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

In 0.16, the entity window no longer shows the amount of pollution the entity emits?

Does that mean that the mechanics of pollution have changed? Or are the pollution values just hidden now?

Return to “Releases”