[1.1.36] Blueprints in Blueprint Book not switching when shift-scrolling

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
seedback
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.36] Blueprints in Blueprint Book not switching when shift-scrolling

Post by seedback »

I was making a blueprint book with some useful train blueprints to work in conjunction with a book I found online

While doing so, suddenly when shift-scrolling through my book it didn't switch the blueprints (though the names changed), any other blueprint book worked fine, and even if I made a copy of my book it worked fine, and when I went into the book and selected the blueprints directly from there it worked fine, but when I use that specific version of that specific book it doesn't work. And also if I use the same blueprint book in another save it works fine.

I was playing with mods on that save, but even when I launched the save with no mods enabled, re-saved and loaded the new mod-less version of the save that one book doesn't work properly, again if I copy it, it works fine.
I've appended both the modded and the mod-less savefile.

I've appended a few screenshots showing me trying to place down the different blueprints, first using the defective book where only the name changes (and yes even when placing it, it places the unchanged blueprint), and then a few where I chose the blueprints from the book's menu instead and it works fine.

BTW. the blueprints are a 2, 4, 6 and 8 lane version of the same thing, so only the number at the beginning of the blueprints' names changes.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(347.74 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
factorio-current.log
(55.64 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Bug Report Save.zip
Savefile with mods
(7.26 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
Bug Report Save no-mods.zip
Savefile without mods
(6.95 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
Trying to place the 8 Lane version through the book
Trying to place the 8 Lane version through the book
From book 8 Lane.jpg (675.19 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Trying to place the 6 Lane version through the book
Trying to place the 6 Lane version through the book
From book 6 Lane.jpg (675.71 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Trying to place the 4 Lane version through the book
Trying to place the 4 Lane version through the book
From book 4 Lane.jpg (676.53 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Trying to place the 2 Lane version through the book
Trying to place the 2 Lane version through the book
From book 2 Lane.jpg (676.5 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Trying to place the 8 Lane version with the blueprint picked from the book's menu
Trying to place the 8 Lane version with the blueprint picked from the book's menu
From blueprint 8 Lane.jpg (683.95 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Trying to place the 4 Lane version with the blueprint picked from the book's menu
Trying to place the 4 Lane version with the blueprint picked from the book's menu
From blueprint 4 Lane.jpg (678.94 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.36] Blueprints in Blueprint Book not switching when shift-scrolling

Post by Loewchen »

Neither of those save files contain any blueprint books. Post a vanilla save containing the book and exact steps to produce the issue please.

seedback
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by seedback »

Of course, I had the blueprints saved in my blueprints... and since then I've deleted the books.
If there's a way to get them back I'd gladly try to retrieve them again, but as it stands I can't replicate the bug anymore.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Loewchen wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:11 pm
Neither of those save files contain any blueprint books. Post a vanilla save containing the book and exact steps to produce the issue please.
You can load the save with blueprint syncing disabled to get the blueprints and the issue is present.

Can confirm the blueprint in the rightmost quickbar slot (Upgradeable RHD Tracks Additions) when picked up from the quickbar or directly from the library and scrolled will change the name, but the actual BP being used doesn't change.

Oddly, if you move the BP book out of the library and into the inventory, it works perfectly fine. At that point if you move it back into the library it still works fine. Importing the BP string doesn't show the issue. It seems to be something weird with the BP in the library.

Return to “Pending”