[kovarex] [1.1.35] Hand icon is "stuck" in inventory slot forever

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Krydax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.35] Hand icon is "stuck" in inventory slot forever

Post by Krydax »

Search first

- Done. Nothing even close to this could I find.

Make a useful title

I think I did.

Describe the problem as best as you can
What did you do?

Messed around with a lot of blueprints/decon planners with shift clicking, ctrl clicking, whatever. I was spamming trying to get rid of ghost entities the same way you get rid of deconstruction marked entities (shift dragging with blueprints) and it wasn't working so I tried a lot of stuff (not knowing the actual solution is ghost entities marked decon planner)

What happened?

Now there's a hand stuck in my inventory forever, it makes the error noise when clicked on, it cannot be moved in or out of my inventory, and it has no text if moused-over in debug mode.

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.

I do not.

Provide Attachments

Picture of the offending hand: https://imgur.com/a/8nweO7s

Video proof of it happening:

It's not there at 5:55 https://youtu.be/e4pHhtBjjUk?t=348, which i think is the last time i open my inventory prior to the nonsense around 14:00 when (I think) it happens

first sighting of the offending bug is @15:02

https://youtu.be/e4pHhtBjjUk?t=902

My save is HEAVILY modded.

EDIT: I want to add that (accidental train) death and respawn did remove the offending hand :)
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(61.13 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
factorio-current.log
(66.47 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
AngelBobsOmni A.zip
(17.29 MiB) Downloaded 199 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.35] Hand icon is "stuck" in inventory slot forever

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thanks for the bug report and the fact that it is actually reported on the video.

On a related to (to the video), you can actually remove ghosts only, you were so close to it and missed it.
In the deconstruction planner configuration, you can select entity filter, and in the unsorted category (the box with the question mark), there are special things.
As in the picture from your stream, the icons in the red squeare are
  • entity ghosts
  • Item on ground
  • Item request
  • Tile ghost
now, to the actual bug ...

Edit:
Since you actually tried to search "blu" (eprint) in the list, we might make it searchable if we added some description to the ghost entities.
Something like: "can be built by blueprints, or ghost building"
That way, these would show up in the list when you search blueprint.
Attachments
ghosts filter.png
ghosts filter.png (815.77 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I inspected it really carefully and tried to reproduce everything you did several times.
I specifically watched the time between 13:14 and 15:01, as 13:14 is the last time when you shown the inventory and the hand wasn't there.
Other weird thing is also the position of the hand, as it is sorted in just before the last item, which is weird, I would expect it to be where the other blueprint-related items are, or at the end of the list.
But when I check the inventory at 13:14 (as included in the picture), the hand position is matching to the last empty position of that time, so the hand probably got stuck there before the deconstruction planner was inserted into the inventory.
This makes the impression, that the hand could be something related to mods and some events that maybe somehow weirdly removed an item as part of some event before the item got sorted in?
As long as there is no new information to it, I don't know what to do about it, so I'm moving it to pending.
Attachments
inventory-before-bug.png
inventory-before-bug.png (253.62 KiB) Viewed 2538 times

Krydax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Krydax »

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. I guess I don't look at the forums all too often!

Thank you for the guide on the removing ghosts. Many people let me know the solution after I posted that video haha :)

As far as the bug, thanks for looking into it. It was a weird one for sure. But it never got reproduced again and I haven't seen it since. Maybe I just got lucky!

szczytuch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by szczytuch »

I have the same problem. However my game is not modded at all. [1.1.53]
Attachments
obraz_2022-02-03_195920.png
obraz_2022-02-03_195920.png (66.66 KiB) Viewed 2122 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

szczytuch wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:00 pm
I have the same problem. However my game is not modded at all. [1.1.53]
Provide exact steps to reproduce the issue please.

szczytuch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by szczytuch »

Unfortunately I can not provide a step by step method to reproduce the issue. At some point of game I simply noticed "the hand".

However by cross-referencing the save-games and what i did between them I realized that it happened after some heavy button mashing (Shift click + Ctrl click) and playing with deconstruction planer.

With, to some degree matches the story of Krydax above.

I am still playing. But its annoying since i can not use this one slot i my inventory.

(Shift dragging with deconstruction planner might be the culprit)

Return to “Pending”