[Lou][1.1.34] Crash when moving electric pole

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Vebyast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Lou][1.1.34] Crash when moving electric pole

Post by Vebyast »

What did you do?
Used Picker Dollies to move a lighted pylon substation entity.

What happened?
Crash to desktop with stack trace and request to post log on forums.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Expected lighted pylon substation to move one tile to the right, preserving electrical connections.

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
I haven't been able to reproduce the bug.

What I believe I did immediately preceding the crash: Moved mouse cursor over lighted pylon substation, hit keybind for "Picker Dollies -> Move Entity East" to attempt to move pylon.

Possibly useful context: Was on a space platform in orbit around Nauvis's star. Moved entity had been placed and operating as expected for probably thirty hours. There was room for the pylon substation to move. The pylon substation was connected to four other pylon substations: one 63 tiles to the west and level in the north/south direction, one about 50 tiles to the north and level in the east/west direction, one about 40 tiles east and two tiles south, and one 62 tiles south and level in the east/west direction. I believe the movement should have been possible and I think that I was able to move the pylon substation immediately after reopening the game and loading the most recent autosave.

I believe that factorio had been up for something like three days at this point; I hadn't been bothering to restart it periodically even though it was noticeably bogging down (game went from ~30 UPS to ~55 UPS after the crash).

Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Exactly once - I've been playing this set of mods and this map for over a hundred hours, during which I've successfully used Picker Dolly to move dozens of different entities including substations, pylons, pylon substations, and lighted pylon substations.

See attachments for crash log and list of mods. I can upload the save on request, though it's almost half a gig at this point so it'd take some doing.
Attachments
factorio-modlist.txt
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
mod-list.json
(3.8 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
factorio-crash-log-20200615-2130.log
(523.73 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Vebyast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Crash when moving electric pole [1.1.34]

Post by Vebyast »

Game just crashed again, this time when a lighted electric pylon in the same general area (*possibly* the same one that was involved in the earlier crash) was deconstructed by a bot.

Lou
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Lou][1.1.34] Crash when moving electric pole

Post by Lou »

HI. Thank you for the feedback, however it seems like we will be unable to reproduce this issue (unless you find some more reliable way). What might help would be if you could provide a savefile from before the crash. In the meantime, I am moving this to Pending.

Vebyast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vebyast »

Link to an hourly autosave from about 30 minutes before the crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CcZfAS ... sp=sharing

The lighted pylon substation that I think was responsible for the first crash is the one at (-61, -1) in Calidus Orbit, just south of the big energy beam. I had a third crash, again when using bots to deconstruct pylons and nearby solars so I could put in roboports, but I haven't yet gotten a fourth.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

I have crashed the game a long time ago when moving an reacharging roboport out of the electric network.

Lou
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Lou »

Do you have any crash logs that i haven't seen yet? (like that third crash)

Lou
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Lou »

Also, there should be file named 'factori-dump-previous.dmp' or something like that in the same folder as crash logs, that could also be helpful

Lou
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Lou »

I'll move this back to pending, if you'll have any more info, I'll take another shot at this, but as this stands i still have no success in reproducing (and therefore fixing) the issue.

Return to “Pending”