[1.1.34] Crashes (luasurface.cpp (397): DetailedEntitySearch::setupFromSurface)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Criarino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.34] Crashes (luasurface.cpp (397): DetailedEntitySearch::setupFromSurface)

Post by Criarino »

My game is crashing every few minutes, returning to the desktop. I use a bunch of mods including Space exploration and Krastorio 2, and taking a look on the log it looks like a spaceship issue, but when I asked in the SE discord they said to seek help here....
I have no idea how to reproduce or what may cause this crash. I had just finished reorganizing my space station and was just admiring my work when the game crashed for the first time. It's a 200 hours save, and this is the first time something like this happens.
I've tried to disable some mods and verify the files via steam, without success. The log is attached, and I can upload the save if necessary.
Please help me, the game is unplayable and I REALLY don't want to lose a 200 hours save.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(59.15 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unknown crash with SE...?

Post by Loewchen »

Post the save file and more logs with crashes, see 3638.

Criarino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.34] Crashes (luasurface.cpp (397): DetailedEntitySearch::setupFromSurface)

Post by Criarino »

this is the save game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BqKouW ... sp=sharing. It's an autosave a bit before the first crash. After that I tried playing a bit more but it always crashed after a few minutes (at different times). I'm sorry i can't elaborate more, but I really have no idea what is causing this.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.34] Crashes (luasurface.cpp (397): DetailedEntitySearch::setupFromSurface)

Post by boskid »

Looking at the log file i can only say one thing: system instability.

I was unable to reproduce any issues with this save file, it works fine. If you are certain its not a system instability, please post more log files to verify if they all happen in the same place or if they are all around.

Criarino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Criarino »

SE's creator said it looked like the game was trying to delete something on a spaceship and crashed, so I entered /editor mode, deleted said spaceship and rebuilt it from scratch. It's been working fine for a while now, I will post another log if the crash happens again. Thanks for the help.

Criarino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Criarino »

It was working fine until I got several crashes in a row. Again, I did nothing in special to trigger the crash. There is no apparent relation between the crashes, the first one (factorio-current1) occurred when the game was autosaving, then 2 crashes immediately after reloading the previous save, one a while after, and the last around 2 hours after the first crash (the file named only factorio-current is the last one). Should I open a new issue for this?
This is the savefile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1opj6Y5 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(62.7 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
factorio-current4.log
(56.07 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
factorio-current3.log
(56.41 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
factorio-current2.log
(63.55 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
factorio-current1.log
(57.29 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Criarino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Criarino »

and another one
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(61.07 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I am confused quite a lot because there are completly unrelated crashes happening (LuaContext::clearTemporaryStateIncremental, 2x agui::Tab::resizeToContents) but at the same time DetailedEntitySearch::setupFromSurface happened twice and the inner cause of them (having corrupted pointer in the EntityConnector::nextOnTile) will also crash while saving chunks, but then the crash which happened during save when chunks were saved, was not even close to the code which uses EntityConnectors.

I was running provided save file even more but nothing wrong happened. Without any way to reproduce this issue there is nothing i can do so i will keep this bug report in the "Pending" until some sort of reproduction is provided.

Criarino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Criarino »

Maybe it's my system then. I will clean my HD and install win10 today. I'll come back here if the crashes persist

Criarino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Criarino »

sorry for the delay, a lot of things happened and I couldn't use my PC for a long time.
After formatting my hdd and installing win10 the game is running fine, even after a dozen or so more hours. The problem was either my system or some incompatibility/error with win7. I'm sorry for using your time.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”