[1.1.32] Save file with sound issues - GUI, footsteps not present, engine sounds present, default settings

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
gghf
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.32] Save file with sound issues - GUI, footsteps not present, engine sounds present, default settings

Post by gghf »

Hey there,

attached is a save file with weirdly borked sound (you'll have to leave editor mode to test some of these.) The settings are default (except for music). Other saves are fine.
I cannot hear GUI sounds, footsteps, train honking, the door slam from getting into a vehicle, and probably a lot of other sounds that I'm not realizing are missing.

I can hear engine, radar, roboport noises, to mention a few.

It seems to me that some noises, like combinator working noises and belts, are quieter than they should be, but I might be imagining this.

This issue was created yesterday when I fat-fingered some button combo. I do not know what it was, and trying around a little did not fix it. The issue is restricted to this save only, though. I was not able to find any mod settings or keybinds that could have caused it.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(42.63 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
factorio-current.log
(32.33 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
GGHFs Building Map - Trains A.zip
(11.58 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

gghf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.32] Save file with sound issues - GUI, footsteps not present, engine sounds present, default settings

Post by gghf »

I've updated the saves/logs since I've made some changes on the map (unrelated). The issues remain.
The missing sounds also include alarms occasionally, though their behavior is irregular and I've not been able to reproduce the issue with them.

I'm thinking that maybe Factorio is trying to play more than 50 sound channels, but that most of these are "silent"? Is there a way I can check?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.32] Save file with sound issues - GUI, footsteps not present, engine sounds present, default settings

Post by Klonan »

I loaded the save, and the sounds are completely normal in everyway for me,
Does it happen in the latest version?
Can you try updating Windows and your video drivers?

Return to “Pending”