[1.1.27] Not able to move in certain directions

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.27] Not able to move in certain directions

Post by AntiElitz »

This may or may not be a bug:

Starting with ~1.1, sometimes I cannot move left for some time until i tap the key like 5 times quickly, than some days later it happens with right or up or any other movement key. It's not consistent. I first thought this is a problem on my side and it may still be, but others reached out to me telling me they suffer the same problem. First of all i want to raise awareness that this may be a bug or a conflict with other programs. I hope for others to post here as well if they suffer a similar problem, so we can figure out what we have in common that this happens to us.
To clarify, this malfunction exclusively happens in Factorio for me and it's not a hardware problem, but may be related to other software running.

Video of the problem: https://youtu.be/gsffxQM71ZE?t=5989 ~following 20 seconds

Xoriun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.27] Not able to move in certain directions

Post by Xoriun »

There are some weird behaviors when holding down movement keys while tabbing out and tabbing back in (eg. mouse clicking out and back in while in inventory). However, I wouldn't consider those to be bugs but that maybe related in some way.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

AntiElitz wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:17 am
To clarify, this malfunction exclusively happens in Factorio for me and it's not a hardware problem, but may be related to other software running.
Are you able to pinpoint exact steps to reproduce the problem?
Do you know what other software you are running?
Can you provide a log file? (It may show if other software is hooking into Factorio)

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

I can provide a full list of programs, but I'd only do so privately, not public here in the forums. PM me in discord when you need it.
I run Autohotkey for my streaming scripts, that may possibly collide, however I don't map anything to the movement keys and the other keys seem to work fine. Also OBS game captures Factorio.
I cannot reproduce it, it also only happens rarely. Like once in 2 weeks or so for a short period of 10 seconds, but if it occurred once it's more likely to happen again within the same session. When i restart Factorio that is not the case so far possibly (too little samples).

I'll provide a fresh log file the next time it occurs, last time was like 2 weeks ago, that's gonna be a needle i guess?

Return to “Pending”