[1.1.5] 1.1 ghost building changes impact usability of LuaSurface.can_place_entity

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.1.5] 1.1 ghost building changes impact usability of LuaSurface.can_place_entity

Post by shanemadden »

The build_check_type flag on LuaSurface.can_place_entity was added (viewtopic.php?f=65&t=57632) in response to my need to check if a ghost was already present at a position for this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/replicating-belts

In 1.1, the new rules allowing placement of overlapping ghosts (even with the same orientation as the original ghost) has broken the use case of checking if a ghost is already present. Could the function return a failure if the new placement does not rotate, instead of just saying all ghost builds are valid (which seems fairly useless)?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.5] 1.1 ghost building changes impact usability of LuaSurface.can_place_entity

Post by boskid »

In general ghosts should not be placeable on top of each other but there are some exceptions like ghosts from different forces. I will move this topic to pending because there was another batch of changes related to buildability checks for 1.1.6, one of which changes`build_check_types` so i will not be checking what is your particular issue right now in 1.1.5. When 1.1.6 will be out, let me know if its still broken or if it was fixed.
1_1_6_build_check_types.png
1_1_6_build_check_types.png (9.76 KiB) Viewed 980 times

Return to “Pending”