[Modded: Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Bugs that are actually features.
Kratos Aurion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Modded: Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Post by Kratos Aurion »

Just to make sure, is this a bug, maybe?
Last edited by Kratos Aurion on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Modded: Bobs, Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Post by boskid »

I am not going to guess which mods to install and how to reproduce the behavior you are observing. Please provide a save file with required reproduction steps. No blueprint string.

Kratos Aurion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Modded: Bobs, Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Post by Kratos Aurion »

FalsyContraption.png
FalsyContraption.png (3.55 MiB) Viewed 896 times
Activate constant combinator at position 1.

Memory cells at position 3 will catch a different A-Signal, but should have the same because the decider combinators at position 2 should send their signal at the same time.

That's not occuring while sending the signals step by step via controllinator mod, while doing so, the memory cells store the same A-Signal.
debug_save.zip
(6.35 MiB) Downloaded 61 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Modded: Crafting Combinator] Can't find the bug of my circuit contraption

Post by boskid »

I see nothing wrong with the game logic. "recipe-combinator" at {-70, 150.5} outputs its signals (fast-inserter) one tick earlier but these values are provided by means of crafting_combinator:rc-proxy that are based on the constant combinator. Since they are constant combinators, their values have to be changed by script. It is not a base game issue.

Looking into the crafting combinator control.lua, i see the recipe combinators are updated once per rc_rate with the spreading. You have Recipe Combinator refresh rate (in Mod settings) set to 60 meaning there are 61 buckets and the recipe combinators are updated once every 61 ticks, if possible every one in a different tick. This means it is also not a recipe combinator issue. If you want to fix your apparent issue, you may reduce the Recipe combinator refresh rate down to 0: that way recipe combinators will update every tick meaning they will both update at the same tick at the cost of performance (they will be updating every tick).

Return to “Not a bug”