[kovarex] [1.0.0] Blueprints disappearing / geting corrutped ?

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [1.0.0] Blueprints disappearing / geting corrutped ?

Post by staviq »

I moved some of my blueprints from the inventory to the library, and the next day i noticed they have disappeared from the library. Some, not all of them.

So i went back to my old game save, and i moved them again, but couldnt find one of the blueprints that i used alot, and i kept in in the quickbar.

I went trough all my saves for that playthrough, and that one blueprint has disappeared from all the saves.

Now for the important part:

I disabled mods, restarted the game, loaded oldest of the saves and i got popup for removed modded items, and while the popup was on the screen, the blueprint was still on my quickbar, exactly where it was supposed to be, BUT, as soon as i closed the popup window, the blueprint has disappeared, and that quickabr slot is now empty.

That makes me think the blueprint is somehow still in the gamesave but got corrupted ?
AB 1.zip
(14.3 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
checkdisk ok, steam game integrity check fine, antivirus scan fine, and there is absolutetly nothing noticeably wrong with my hard drive or the pc.

---

I was about to post this as it is, but i just managed to crash the game while loading one of the saves:
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(862.14 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
factorio-current.log
(9.39 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
factorio-previous.log
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
player-data.json
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
blueprint-storage.zip
(126.67 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
AB 7.zip
(17.61 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
AB 8.zip
(19.93 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Blueprints disappearing / geting corrutped ?

Post by staviq »

Just so i don't look like a crazy person, here it is, blueprint disappearing.

The bug is reproducible, although not every time, i had to reload the save about 10 times for it to happen again. Game started with all mods disabled.

Tested on the "AB1" save.

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by staviq »

I just tried to load AB1 save on completely different pc, running Linux instead of Windows, and I'm still getting not only a disappearing blueprint, but the results are inconsistent as before, loading this save will sometimes result in the blueprint showing up on the quickbar and sometimes it will not.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The blueprint disappearing from the quickbar is actually not a bug.
There is a process called Blueprint storage synchronisation. When you load a game, or join a multiplayer game, there is a special piece of logic, that compares your current library state, and the state in that particular game. It makes a diff, and applies the diff on the state of the blueprint library state in the save file.

So, when you load the save, for split of a second, there is this old version of the blueprint library in the save file, until it is updated to your current version of the blueprint library, which also removes all invalid quick bar links.

There is no way to dig, some blueprint from the save version of your blueprint library at the moment.
If you want your blueprints to be actually tied to the save, and not globally available and updated, then use the "game blueprints" tab, this is what that storage is for.

As for the crash, I will look into it.

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Blueprints disappearing / geting corrutped ?

Post by staviq »

Hey, sorry for responding so late, i totally missed the notification.

I now understand why the blueprint disappears from the quickbar, but there still is a question of why the blueprint disappeared in the first place ?

Honestly, since nobody else reported this problem and it happened to me only once i totally understand if you just keep this bug report a low priority, or, you know, ignore it alltogether :)

Just keep in mind that a blueprint did actually disappear.

Are you sure the Blueprint storage synchronisation considers a case where a save is older than the blueprint library ?

I did not remove that blueprint in any way. I created a bunch of blueprints, kept them as an ingame item in the character inventory for several saves, one time i moved bunch of those blueprints from player inventory to the library, saved the game, and the next day i started the game and some blueprints were in the library as i left them, and at least that one blueprint disappeared form the library. I then went back to an older game save, from before i moved my blueprints to the library, and that one blueprint disappeared from older saves too, even though that game save was from before i moved my blueprints from the inventory to the library, so it makes zero sense to me, how can a blueprint disappear form a player inventory, in an unrelated game save.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Blueprints disappearing / geting corrutped ?

Post by kovarex »

It doesn't really matter what is older. The blueprint library is always consider the primary source of information, and the save is to be synchronised with that.

I'm moving it to pending, since there is no way I can reproduce it at this moment.

Return to “Pending”