[0.4.1]not connected water pipes are heated

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.4.1]not connected water pipes are heated

Post by Arakasi »

I have separate branch for boilers which will be connected to my steam farm.

Problem is that its only connected to one pump with some underground pipes but boilers are not fed. But water is heated. See screenshot and savegame.

savegame
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qax5li1l04ehm ... %20bug.zip

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.4.1]not connected water pipes are heated

Post by Aza-Industries »

I don't remember, but I thought water just sat there and stayed the same temperature if it wasn't being used.

That hot water could be just sitting there while fresh water is bypassing it to be used for the active pipelines.

From my experience parallel piping doesn't work as well because then water will teeter back and forth in times of power use fluctuation between the two routes, and it takes a bit of time for it to change direction so engines end up waiting for hot water too long.
So if different engine are turning on and off this will prevent new water from flowing through as the pressure tries to level between the 2 Parallel pipes.

You know what I'm gonna make up a tutorial tomorrow about this stuff, I find this stuff interesting.

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

Actually the set up of my heated lines was never connected to the already functional steam engines.
I just placed water pump, added some pipes and underground pipes, placed boiler and that's it.

Boilers have never been heated, pump has never been connected to any steam engine or any circle.

It seems that hot water leaks from near underground pipe :-D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I opened the save ... I don't know when I pumped the water out, it didn't heat again, are you sure you didn't connect it with the hot water for some moment and disconnected again after that?

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

kovarex wrote:I opened the save ... I don't know when I pumped the water out, it didn't heat again, are you sure you didn't connect it with the hot water for some moment and disconnected again after that?
only 99% sure. I will try it again. Destroy all set up and built it again. I hope it will confirm or reject my issue.

Return to “Pending”