[0.17.79+] Text-box no longer scrolls on "\n"

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
_Attila_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.79+] Text-box no longer scrolls on "\n"

Post by _Attila_ »

A multi-line text box used to automatically scroll when a "\n" was written to the last line back in 0.17.43
It no longer does so. Can we get this functionality back please.

read_only = true
word_wrap = true

While I am at it...control characters cannot be entered in a text box, so CR cannot be entered and acted upon. We need the ability to allow control characters to be able to more easily enter multi-line text.
Attila's QuickBar Mod - Auto-links hand crafted item to first free quickbar slot if not already linked.
Attila's Signals Mod - Alternate signals to use in same circuit as standard signals.
Attila's Zoom Mod - Modifies zoom functionality.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79+] Text-box no longer scrolls on "\n"

Post by Rseding91 »

How can I reproduce this? when I set read_only I can't enter a newline (since it's read only).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

_Attila_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by _Attila_ »

Read-only does not prevent you from putting text into the textbox from code !!!

It only prevents you from typing directly into it.

I use a read-only textbox to display data. I don't need to type into it. The display works, it just does not automatically scroll when I write to the last line that is displayed. As I mentioned, it used to work fine back in 0.17.43.

Ex: Create a 2-line textbox.

Put "1\n2\n3\n" into it.

Watch as the last line displayed is "2". Used to be "3" when this worked properly.
Attila's QuickBar Mod - Auto-links hand crafted item to first free quickbar slot if not already linked.
Attila's Signals Mod - Alternate signals to use in same circuit as standard signals.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

So you're asking for the text box to scroll to the bottom when the text is edited with newlines included?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

_Attila_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by _Attila_ »

Yes - like a terminal display or a DOS window so I can just append lines to the buffer to get them displayed.

I am assuming this functionality was changed on purpose. So, if there is a way for me to force this behavior, let me know and I will use that, but the way it used to work was convenient.

Return to “Pending”