[0.18.1] Client gets stuck wating for server to save map

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.1] Client gets stuck wating for server to save map

Post by Hornwitser »

When connecting to a server with an unreliable connection and the server is under load from multiple clients trying to connect at once, it occasionally happens that the client will get stuck with the message "Waiting for the server to start saving: 0s" on the screen.

In the attached log file you can ignore everything up until 376.18 seconds, which was part of previous connection attempts. From the packet trace I can see that after approximately 0.666 seconds after the handshake is sent by the client the server sends a synchronizer event to initiate the map download. This likely correspond to the rejected packet by the client at 376.862 in the log.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(225.93 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.1] Client gets stuck wating for server to save map

Post by Loewchen »

Unless it is the same server, post the server log and save in that report if you can.

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18.1] Client gets stuck wating for server to save map

Post by Hornwitser »

This was on my test server on a newly generated save game with no mods or scenarios. The issue seemed to occur when I had 24 clients all connect to the server at the same time while simulating some packet loss and delay. Unfortunately I was trying to recreate another issue at the time and didn't think about keeping the server log or map, but the packet trace seemed rather conclusive on the culprit being the client discarding the ServerToClientHeartbeat containing the instruction to download the map.

The behavior I saw was noticeably different from 79067. The game was not paused for other players and joining the server worked fine despite there being clients stuck at "Waiting for the server to start saving: 0s" message. This message is also not the same, on 79067 it's saying "Waiting for the server to save the map" so I don't think these issues are related.

Return to “Pending”