[0.17.78] Bots moving to different network

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Matess
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.78] Bots moving to different network

Post by Matess »

I have a problem with robots... I have many areas with roboports which are not connected together and transfering stuff between them via trains. Each are is invidual (lets say for mining stone, next area is for mining iron) and robots cannot go between areas. It is working no problem but then sudennly some robots with ore are in the area of stone and cannot move nowhere.

See picture below... I think it has something to do with load and save - it seems it messes up with loading game.
(btw in this game I am already at 2,5 RPM - my goal is to reach 10, but I am not sure if my pc can handle that)
factorob.png
factorob.png (2.4 MiB) Viewed 2175 times
Another anoying feature with robots I have in previsious game where robots cannot find a proper way and they keep coming back and never reach their destination. It was aggain with many areas not connected with roboports to each other and around wall connected. Robots took the shortest way and stucked in the loop.

To fix this I think that robots should go only within area of roboports or when they empty their battery and closest roboport is that one from what they have been charged then they should continue forward no matter what.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.78] Robots

Post by DaleStan »

Unless you post a save, this is going to be filed under either not a bug or won't fix.

In order to ensure that robots do not become UPS hogs, they assume that all logistic areas are concave. You can probably get away with stair-stepped diagonals on the edges, but anything that can reasonably be described as L or U shaped will cause problems. You will get the extra special fancy problems if you have a set of separated logistic areas that look like ⨀

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.78] Robots

Post by Loewchen »

Saving/loading can not change the game state, post a save that shows bots traveling from one network to another please.

The issue with bots going back and forth in a loop is bad network design and not a bug.

Matess
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.78] Bots moving to different network

Post by Matess »

I dont know when it happens exactly... it is working for hours no problem and then it is there. I am not 100% sure, but i think, that happens when I am killed by a train and load that game from autosave. Not sure... i am usually into something so not sure if problem was there before loading the game or not.

I am also using LTN mod

edit: I am not able to attach save game here... so I uploaded that here...

https://fastshare.cz/12649589/v17-po-zm ... t-game.zip

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The save does not show bots changing networks. If you find a way to reproduce in the future post it here please.

psa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by psa »

I can reproduce bots moving to a different network, the trigger is the local roboport running out of power. Not sure if it's relevant to the OP but it's similar and reproducible. Really makes setting up far flung outposts with bots and solar power a dicey proposition. If the sun goes down before the capacitors are sufficiently charged, then the bots all flee.

Movie: http://www.otoh.org/factorio/bot-flee.mkv
Save: http://www.otoh.org/factorio/0.17.79-bu ... t-bots.zip
Log: http://www.otoh.org/factorio/factorio-bot-flee.log

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

psa wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:56 pm
I have a reproduction of this bug.
That is how it is supposed to work though, when a logistic network disappears traveling bots will target the next available port and network.

psa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by psa »

Loewchen wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:08 pm
psa wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:56 pm
I have a reproduction of this bug.
That is how it is supposed to work though, when a logistic network disappears traveling bots will target the next available port and network.
I see. Given that we can't turn off roboports in any effective manner, making them disappear from the logistic network when they are eventually drained of power (i.e. enough robots have used them to recharge) seems sub-optimal from a consistency standpoint. I was expecting the bots to all return to the absolute closest roboport if the power went out, rather than flee across the entire map to the closest one with power. I can see an argument against this in that it can trap robots on roboports which are not functional, although that's likely to happen some of the time anyway (depending on how many of the local bots are in use when the power finally dies).

Return to “Pending”