[0.17.69] Client hanging on trying to synchronize settings

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.17.69] Client hanging on trying to synchronize settings

Post by Pi-C »

I've been running two instances of Factorio 0.17.69 (different local users) to test something in multiplayer mode. On the host (English locale), I changed a startup setting and hosted a saved game. When I tried to connect the client (German locale), I was asked whether I wanted to synchronize settings. I confirmed, and the connection was closed -- but the game didn't restart and I saw this until I closed it with CTRL-C:
hang.png
hang.png (90.73 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
This has happened several times now, so I thought I'd report it. Logfiles from host/client are attached.

EDIT: Just spotted another bug and updated the picture to mark a grammatical error in the German localization. The word underlined in red should be "neuen" instead of "neue". :-)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Logfile from host
(12.83 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
factorio-current.log
Logfile from client
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Client hanging on trying to synchronize settings

Post by Bilka »

Pi-C wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:15 pm
EDIT: Just spotted another bug and updated the picture to mark a grammatical error in the German localization. The word underlined in red should be "neuen" instead of "neue".
Fixed for the next version.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Client hanging on trying to synchronize settings

Post by Pi-C »

Thanks!
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Client hanging on trying to synchronize settings

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I've seen this a few times and it seems to always be on Linux which means there's nothing I can do about it except just look at the code and try to reason about what might cause it. In this case, it doesn't show anything crashing in the log file or if it does it's always "it crashed" with no additional information.

Do you have any steps to reproduce the issue? If so, I might be able to figure out what's going on even though I work on the Windows side of things.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.69] Client hanging on trying to synchronize settings

Post by Pi-C »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:10 pm
Do you have any steps to reproduce the issue? If so, I might be able to figure out what's going on even though I work on the Windows side of things.
I've just tested with 0.17.73 as described in the original post. However, whether I decide to synchronize or not, the game doesn't hang anymore, so I can't reproduce the issue. Somehow, the problem has disappeared by itself … I'll keep an eye on it though! :-)

Return to “Pending”