Personal Roboport Bots not upgrading/fixing.

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
walterwoj
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Personal Roboport Bots not upgrading/fixing.

Post by walterwoj »

I was playing Nauvis Post Collapse where there are a lot of things to repair and upgrade so this map made it much more obvious there was an issue, I have since had the same experience on other regular maps.

Fixing: I would walk into an area that had been damaged by biters and my robots would not respond. They seemed to not 'notice' the damage for some time (a couple minutes? I never tested the upper limit.) If I was within range of an object WHEN it became damaged the bots would respond instantly.

Upgrading: I had used upgrade planners to upgrade all the solar panels/accumulators on the map and would have to come back many times with fresh ingredients to do the upgrades. ( could not carry enough items to do it all at once.) I would walk (train ride) into an area marked for upgrade and the bot would do noting, again for a minute or 2. I would start manually upgrading items and they would eventually catch on (i don't think my actions resolved the issue, they just finally decided to work), they appeared not to 'notice' the items that were marked for upgrade. I could do this many times in series: Upgrade everything in range and them move ~30 tiles to more stuff that would need upgrading and they would not 'notice' the new stuff. If I used the planner on fresh items they would respond immediately as expected.

I suspect there is an issue in the code that calls the bots to action when they enter the range of an item that needs them. (perhaps that game 'scans' periodically, and this over-sized map slowed it down?) This only seems to apply to the personal roboport, Plopping down a regular roboport and adding bots/materials caused the expected behavior.

Awesome game by the way, love it!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Personal Roboport Bots not upgrading/fixing.

Post by Loewchen »

Post a save showing the issue.

Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blacky007 »

is the area of constrution covered by a local roboport system that has construktion robots an the needed items in it?
If yes it can take some time till the local robots start doing their jobs.
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I might mention, to my knowledge (I don't know if it has been changed) the list of jobs that are waiting for robots is stored in a circular queue, and only so many are checked every tick. If you are within range when an entity creates an "order", it can be "served" immediately; if you aren't within range, and the "order" can't be served, it goes to the back of the queue and you need to wait for it to come back to the front.

Return to “Pending”