[kovarex] [0.17.52] Train path issue when deactivating stations (erronous "can't reach")

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
MrBuisson
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.52] Train path issue when deactivating stations (erronous "can't reach")

Post by MrBuisson »

Hi,
one of the last update seems to have changed to way station works, especially when deactivating them.
I have trains that refills outpost based on the need of each of them - and the outpost deactivate its train station when nothing is needed.
Worked quite well for some time, until I started getting heavy train jams. It came out (hope I'm not wrong) that the train goes in "station unreachable" if a station deactivate - but not always. Exact condition is not known I'm afraid ...
I have below few screenshots that explain well the issue : 3 trains trying to go to the same station, each in a different state :

map view
no access.PNG
no access.PNG (3.56 MiB) Viewed 1010 times
Train 1 : (wall bang unreachable)
train 1.png
train 1.png (6.84 MiB) Viewed 1010 times
Train 2 : (Wall repair unreachable)
train 2.png
train 2.png (6.16 MiB) Viewed 1010 times
Train 3 : (the only one doing the rigth thing)
train 3.png
train 3.png (6.08 MiB) Viewed 1010 times
Needless to say, but all station on attached save are reachable.

The trains are all on the same (unchanged) path that connect further on the main bus. Issue occurs without having to remove any station, just wait long (enough). Usually one of those 3 trains get stuck after about 1 hour.

mods :
mods.PNG
mods.PNG (123.55 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
BR,
Mr Buisson

PS : please pardon my poor naming sence.
Attachments
ZZ_newGame281.zip
(25.79 MiB) Downloaded 71 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.52] Train path issue when deactivating stations (erronous "can't reach")

Post by mmmPI »

Hi,

I was not able to see them "get stuck" but I couldn't wait 1 hour either.

The initial state of the save is suprising, trains saying "no path", while all the station having the name are disabled, they are not "unreachable" just desactivated. I don't know how this can happen. I am curious now.

Though when you open one station ( wallbang or wallrefill ) , train 1 and 2 do behave properly and go to the station, then come back, and wait in the normal state, just like train 3.
MrBuisson wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 pm
Needless to say, but all station on attached save are reachable.
That's what I ended up questionning, maybe if you wait 1 hour acid will land on the rails that are already damaged here when a train passes at the same time of an attack.
ennemy.png
ennemy.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 974 times
Given the path trains uses ( complicated junction to prevent crossing and only merge from the side?) It could block even the train coming back from the northen horizontal wall.

It doesn't explain the initial state, but that makes me think about a rail path that would be removed and repaired by bots. I find it interresting and will investigate.

Sorry for poor help, but 1 hour is very long !

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.52] Train path issue when deactivating stations (erronous "can't reach")

Post by kovarex »

I tried to deactivate a station that the train is headed for, and it works fine. The problem in your save seems to be, that some are disable, but some are enabled but unreachable. Make all the stations reachable and it should work fine.

Or create a small reproducible example of what exactly is wrong please.

Return to “Pending”