[0.17.14] Serverlag on headless windows

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
exi123
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.14] Serverlag on headless windows

Post by exi123 »

Hello All,

i dont really know if this belongs here, but i run into a problem on my actual play on my server. In general the performance of the game has been really good but with the growth of the factory and the expanding railnetwork the game starts to slow down for a few seconds just to get to the normal level later on. This happens more or less depending on how many trains are on the way (i think, maybe its not).

When i press F5 i see the small clock in the top right corner and flashing really fast during the slowdown and the buffer is going from 1/0/1 to 0/0/1 all the time by constand 60/60 FPS/UPS and is not depending on how many actual updates have to be calculated. I saved the session and tested it offline just on my PC and it works without trouble. The server is running headless on win7. At the time the server is running nothing else is disturbing the calculations and this wasnt a problem in earlier versions of Factorio even at expanded progress.

I can provide the savegame,screenshots and videos if needed.

Greetings,
exi

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.14] Serverlag on headless windows

Post by TruePikachu »

What about the server log?

exi123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by exi123 »

The serverlog shows nothing special what could hint into performance or lag issues. Only the savings and the connections from players.

I tested a bit around and even when i reduce the gamespeed to 0.5 the "lag" occurs. So at this point i have absolutely no clue if this is a bug in some calculation from the factorio server or the server itself.
But the fact that this is not dependend on how much updates the server has and that this happens more often when trains are moving around i sounds more like a bug from the server.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Server log has specifications and stuff like the command line and configuration, though.

exi123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by exi123 »

How can i get these logs? Do i have to switch something on or what?

exi123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by exi123 »

So here is the serverlog, if anyone want to take a look on this issue...
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(48.94 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

disable v sync?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Without a save file and steps to reproduce the problem there's not much I can do.

You could also try running some profiler against the process to see what it's doing.

However, since you're the only person Iv'e seen report problems I suspect the issue isn't a problem on our end but some misunderstanding on yours.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”