[0.17.2] FPS issues with akkumulator animation

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.2] FPS issues with akkumulator animation

Post by Gummiente27 »

Vanilla game, Windows, singleplayer

Log: https://pastebin.com/n6NY61cY

Screenshot:

The lag is dependant on the zoom. The screenshot is taken in zoom level with maximum lag (15-17 fps). When I zoom out one step further fps get from 15-17 back up to 48-54. Zooming out further, fps drop down to 36-40. (Still nearly whole screen full of akkumulators)

When akkumulators don't (dis-)charge, aka animate, fps go back up to 60 like usual. VRAM usage is around 1400MB (msi afterburner), gpu in task mananger: 3D: 99-100%, Compute_0: 60-70%

(Both animations behave the same)

I think there is space left for optimisation, especially because when further zooming out fps are getting better again at one step. My trivial idea would be to have more akkumulator animation sprite sizes precomputed.

I think it should'nt be hard to get fps to stay above 30, even better if you can achieve more.

This issue was not introduced in 0.17.x, but its still present in 0.17.x, thats why I'm reporting it now.
Last edited by Gummiente27 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2] FPS issues with akkumulator animation

Post by posila »

You have disabled texture compression. Your graphics card is not good enough to handle uncompressed high-res sprites.
Please set texture compression graphics option to high quality and see if the problem persists.

Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gummiente27 »

Sorry for consuming your time. No uncompressed textures for me then.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Gummiente27 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:44 am
Sorry for consuming your time. No uncompressed textures for me then.
I appreciate you posted the log in the first post, so it took me just 10 seconds to see what is probably the culprit of the problem. I would prefer if even people with 1080 Tis wouldn't disable compression, but at the moment we still have to make it an option.

Return to “Pending”