[0.16.51] Programmable Speaker Bass has some wrong notes

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
SirPetrock
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.51] Programmable Speaker Bass has some wrong notes

Post by SirPetrock »

Hi there, thanks for making this great game, English is not my native language yadayadayada.

I'm not even sure if this really qualifies as a bug, but I found an inconsistency which I was able to reproduce in several versions and on several computers, so here it goes

After playing around with the programmable speaker for the first time, I noticed there are some wrong notes in the Bass sound files. My hearing skills only go so far, but I am 100% certain that at least the first 3 notes (F2,F#2 and G2) are off by a fifth. So F2 actually plays a C, F#2 plays a C# and so on. My ears have gone dizzy from all the bass (and my mind insane from the scroll bar not resetting, putting in notes manually is a HUGE PITA btw!), so I had no further motivation to check all the notes and instruments, but it should start being right again at around A#2.

Just thought I'd let you guys know

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Programmable Speaker Bass has some wrong notes

Post by Twinsen »

I'm no musician, but it sounds correct to me.
Can someone else look into it and confirm this is a problem?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Programmable Speaker Bass has some wrong notes

Post by Klonan »

It seems correct, see attachment:
2018-11-09_11-53-55.mp4
F scale with comparison to Piano
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 41 times

If any of the notes were incorrect, even by a semi-tone, its quite noticeable:
2018-11-09_11-59-16.mp4
With some incorrect notes
(813.12 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Furthermore, the programmable speaker has been out for 2 major versions now, and nobody else has reported any such problem,
There are even online midi converters, which would definitely immediately detect this

Can you provide some concrete comparison that shows the note is off by something as large as a fifth?

Return to “Pending”