[0.16.51] Expansion candidate chunks issue

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.16.51] Expansion candidate chunks issue

Post by Zaflis »

As you can see from the debug view, game is valuing chunks for expansion that they can't get to, as high potential 1.0.
expansion_attempts.jpg
expansion_attempts.jpg (289.13 KiB) Viewed 836 times
We made a mistake generating such a ribbon world in the first place, but the aliens are giving no challenge at all even with Rampant mod. They can't send attack waves, so my only hope was that they would expand closer to us. Doesn't seem likely that they will though.

Also player base (or the center of pollution) in the picture is towards east, so maybe that direction should be valued higher.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.51] Expansion candidate chunks issue

Post by Loewchen »

Accessibility is not evaluated for this overlay.
You will only be attacked if the enemy is within your pollution cloud, if you are sure that they are post the save please.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Expansion candidate chunks issue

Post by Zaflis »

Rampant acts differently, it will periodically attempt to send attack waves. Our pollution is nowhere near them. Why none of them get to us i don't know, but it's propably due to his script. I've made sure there's enough land connections, and i keep making more with landfills.

But if you say accessibility will be checked later correctly then this can be ruled out "not a bug".

Return to “Pending”