[0.15.37] Deconstruction/construction planner disappearing

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.37] Deconstruction/construction planner disappearing

Post by Avezo »

At first I used to think it's just a hidden timer and only related to deconstruction planner.

Then, after marking for deconstruction billions of trees at large area through filter thingy it turned out that when entities are left alone for deconstruction, yet never actually deconstructed (being outside roboports' range), they will eventually cause ALL entities marked for deconstruction to reset to not-deconstruct state. It seems not to happen gradually, but makes ALL deconstruct-marked entities to become not-deconstruct entities, even a single random entity just recently marked.

Originally I encountered this behavior only with deconstruction, but recently it seems that it also resets construction planner too. Not enough experience from my side to actually claim it, but if you are researching deconstruction issue, have such hint or something.

No save game file for this, not sure how would it even matter, it's not something you realise right away.

My bet is, there is an array or something storing info about all items planned for (de)construction and there is an exception implemented to reset it when array reaches its defined size. If so, it's not enough for just 'deconstructing' ALL the trees at once in relatively small base.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.37] Deconstruction/construction planner disappearing

Post by Xeteth »

There is a 1 hour timeout for entities that are marked for deconstruction - this was done for performance issues way back around v0.12.x from memory.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.37] Deconstruction/construction planner disappearing

Post by Loewchen »

Can not reproduce, all deconstruction jobs time out independently when I try it.

Return to “Pending”