[kovarex] [0.15.27] Factorio does not remember login information

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
triffid_hunter
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.15.27] Factorio does not remember login information

Post by triffid_hunter »

I remember this being marked as fixed several releases ago, yet factorio asks me every time I join multi after a fresh startup.

Running Factorio 0.15.27 Steam build for Linux. Steam cloud sync is enabled but I currently only have steam running on one computer.

The permissions on ~/.factorio/player-data.json are fine and it does contain my username and an authentication token.

I've tried this several times today to confirm this bug, and it happens every time I start factorio.

A curious development - I renamed that file, steam cloud recreated it identically (checked using diff) and now factorio doesn't ask for my login details anymore.. Very strange!

Apparently it's some weird interaction with steam cloud, although I can't imagine how this bug actually functions..

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.27] Factorio does not remember login information

Post by mexmer »

temporarily disable cloud sync, and enable it again after few hours.

it's possible that steam has problem syncing your setting, and always overwrites it from cloud.

i had similar issue on different game, and disabling and reenabling cloud sync helped.

you can also try manual sync instead, but that rarely works. usualy it gets stuck on syncing your data.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

triffid_hunter wrote: A curious development - I renamed that file, steam cloud recreated it identically (checked using diff) and now factorio doesn't ask for my login details anymore.. Very strange!
Apparently it's some weird interaction with steam cloud, although I can't imagine how this bug actually functions..
This sounds like magic!
I will keep this in mind if we encounter other problems like this.
Does it get broken again if you remove the file and copy the old (same but with different date or attributes) file back?

triffid_hunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triffid_hunter »

kovarex wrote:
triffid_hunter wrote: A curious development - I renamed that file, steam cloud recreated it identically (checked using diff) and now factorio doesn't ask for my login details anymore.. Very strange!
This sounds like magic!
I will keep this in mind if we encounter other problems like this.
Does it get broken again if you remove the file and copy the old (same but with different date or attributes) file back?
It sounds like magic to me as well, the only thing I can imagine is if steam cloud somehow has some sort of race condition where it does something to the file after factorio starts but before it gets read by factorio or something weird like that.

I'll try fiddling with the attributes when next I have time to play

Return to “Pending”