[15.21] Replay works, but displays massively incorrectly

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
kksgandhi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[15.21] Replay works, but displays massively incorrectly

Post by kksgandhi »

My replay shows my character's movement, but does not show any environmental changes except for a few burner miners placed in the beginning. It is a MP game where I am the host. I also suspect that the game has my position wrong as I am seen running around in a forest that I have no recollection of.
Attachments
Oh_hai.zip
(4.46 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.21] Replay works, but displays massively incorrectly

Post by Rseding91 »

At any point did someone get dropped in the MP game due to network issues/desyncs?

Those aren't currently handled in replays which would cause problems like this.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I can look into the replay problems but I'll need a way to recreate the replay from a new game to know fully where it breaks.

Replays are kind of in a state of "well they should work but if they don't then we'll need a way to recreate the entire thing to find out what's broken".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Sente
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sente »

In [15.37] our replay in multiplayer also displays massively incorrectly. My friend was the host the entire time. The replay is way off pretty close to the start of the game I believe. In this particular save, I did lose connection to the host at least once although that was at a much later time than when the replay diverges. At the start of the game, Sente should have been mining iron ore, but it seems that the replay shows Sente slightly to the north of the iron ore patch.

A possible issue that may have caused the divergence in the replay may have been attempting to navigate the dense forest at the start of the game.
Attachments
MultiLemm.zip
(10.47 MiB) Downloaded 86 times

Return to “Pending”