[0.15.18] Train waiting at green signal right after station

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
ultramn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.18] Train waiting at green signal right after station

Post by ultramn »

I have a train stuck waiting at a green rail signal. This is on a route and a train/schedule that has been working fine for days. This is the second or third time I've seen this happen.

The train is waiting at a green rail signal 1 block after the station. It is *not* at the station, which is the reason the pumps aren't connecting.

It *should* have stopped at the station, as I can see no reason why it passed it by 1 block. The schedule is simple. The station is always enabled.

My hypothesis is that the game thinks it's docked at the station, which is why it isn't leaving because the cargo isn't empty. But because the pumps aren't aligned, the cargo will never become empty. I have no explanation for why it missed the station by 2 tiles.

The train in question:
stuck_train_1.png
stuck_train_1.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3447 times
Note the rail signal circled in green which is partially obscured by the station. The signal is green and has no circuit conditions.

Train stop conditions:
stuck_train_2.png
stuck_train_2.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 3447 times
Train schedule:
stuck_train_3.png
stuck_train_3.png (399.88 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Cargo clearly not empty (so why did it pass the station?):
stuck_train_4.png
stuck_train_4.png (752.43 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
There are 2 mods enabled (auto research, long reach), but neither messed with the trains.

Save file:
2017-megabase-mods-stuck-train.zip
(58.71 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
I didn't include a picture, but the storage tanks nearby are empty. They have like 0.1 units of water in them so the icon still shows.
Last edited by ultramn on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.18] Train waiting at green signal right after station

Post by Loewchen »

ultramn wrote:Save file: [If someone can tell me where these are saved on windows by default, I'll add it.]
See the How to report a bug topic.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

I confirm that train is indeed waiting at the station, so the bug is in it stopping at the wrong spot.

ultramn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ultramn »

I've ran into this a few more times. Each time, when I load up the previous autosave and wait, the train doesn't get stuck, so I'm unable to replicate the exact point at which it happens.

In each instance, the things I'm doing are adding tracks and stations. I'm not messing with the train, or adding stations named the same as the one in question. I don't know.

It also appears the signal under the station isn't causing the issue, as I moved it farther forward and still get the bug. So the title is a little misleading as the problem has nothing to do with the signal. I'll probably just add a 300s time elapsed condition to each train to make sure it doesn't deadlock things again.
stuck-train-5.png
stuck-train-5.png (777.79 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
Two more saves where it happened:
2017-megabase-mods-stuck-train-5.zip
(60.7 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
2017-megabase-mods-stuck-train-4.zip
(64.01 MiB) Downloaded 121 times

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

It looks like for some reason braking speed does not allow the train to stop in time. Fluid wagons weight too much :) Maybe train braking speed/research fail at some point.
Edit:
At a second glance I do notice weird pump positions. Like train wanted to allign to some of them for proper connection thus shifting from a normal train stop allignment.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

If you turn on the debug visualization of the train stopping point, does it remain stationary while trains stop at stations, etc?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I tried to reproduce by watching the save game for a while,
And it seems the issue is not happening once i set that train to go around again,

I will move this to pending,
If you can make some setup to reliably reproduce the problem everytime,
Please post below with a savegame

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

One way to reproduce that is to move train a few tiles ahead in manual mode :) it still thinks it's at the station when put back to automatic

Return to “Pending”