Crash when connecting to multiplayer when out of disk space

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
YokoZar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crash when connecting to multiplayer when out of disk space

Post by YokoZar »

I have a machine with Factorio installed on D:\ drive steamlibrary, and an old small SSD on C:\ drive where pretty much only Windows is.

Factorio still writes its temporary data and such to the C:\ drive, and if it's full when it tries to connect to the multiplayer game it ends up crashing. The log says it was unable to write a file (not unexpected, since I knew I had a space problem).

There's no good solution here, but maybe a warning to the user about the problem rather than crashing and having them decipher a log file would be best :)

YokoZar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Crash when connecting to multiplayer when out of disk space

Post by YokoZar »

This was latest beta, 0.15.17, btw

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I am also personally suggesting this issue to be properly resolved, since if the disk becomes full and the log can't be written, there's no evidence of the cause of the crash to users who didn't realise they filled their disk.

YokoZar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by YokoZar »

TruePikachu wrote:I am also personally suggesting this issue to be properly resolved, since if the disk becomes full and the log can't be written, there's no evidence of the cause of the crash to users who didn't realise they filled their disk.
That's a good point. Had I been completely out of disk (rather than too small to hold a save) it would have failed writing the log file too.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Post the log please.

Return to “Pending”